The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Isam said:

Or take boqvist in the first if he is bpa 

Lots of good defencemen prospects this draft year. 

If we miss out on Dahlin or a top 3 pick we should be looking at these players

Boqvist, McIsaac, Dobson, Bouchard

I'd be happy if we can land 2 of those 4... or all of them :frantic:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Or even Smith. I have him higher then macissac 

20 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't pretend to know much about Pettersson

There are people on here saying how great he will be

That he will be a franchise player etc

Making comparisons to the greats already

What confuses me with that is,

Looking at the Team Canada roster

If we could have  Crosby, McDavid etc (that some are suggesting he will be) at Elias age

I would see them on this team

Why isn't E.P. on the Sweden team?

People are raving about E.P. performing in the  mens league

Sweden should know him better than anyone on here

As I said, I don't know E.P. at all really

I am not putting him down or putting him on a pedestal

So if the so called experts who rave about him and make comparisons could explain why his own Country didn't include him in the Olympics if he is considered so elite, I would appreciate it

I know the Canadian stars when they were at his age that you compare would have been on the Canadian team (as with the USA ones)

They have left two spots. He will be there. So don't be too confused.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Dahlen can make moves like that and him and Pettersson have that kind of chemistry.

Need to draft Dmen in the 2nd next draft or it's going to continue to bite us.

Arguably after Pettersson in the 1rst round last year Benning probably should have drafted a dman with one of his 2 2nd round picks to round out positional drafting. However that wasn’t Bennings BPA and he drafted Lind and Gadjovich. I love BPA drafting get the guys you think will be the best and make good hockey trades to fix the things you’re missing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JamesBlondage said:

Bode Wilde?

Bode Wilde is mainly projected as an early teens pick whereas Jett Woo is projected as a late 20’s pick. Wouldn’t be all that surprising for Jett Woo to drop to the 2nd round but Bode Wilde likely doesn’t fall out of the top 20 let alone make it to our 2nd rounder.

23 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't pretend to know much about Pettersson

There are people on here saying how great he will be

That he will be a franchise player etc

Making comparisons to the greats already

What confuses me with that is,

Looking at the Team Canada roster

If we could have  Crosby, McDavid etc (that some are suggesting he will be) at Elias age

I would see them on this team

Why isn't E.P. on the Sweden team?

People are raving about E.P. performing in the  mens league

Sweden should know him better than anyone on here

As I said, I don't know E.P. at all really

I am not putting him down or putting him on a pedestal

So if the so called experts who rave about him and make comparisons could explain why his own Country didn't include him in the Olympics if he is considered so elite, I would appreciate it

I know the Canadian stars when they were at his age that you compare would have been on the Canadian team (as with the USA ones)

Crosby and mcdavid are generational talents but not only that, they reached their respective max potentials very early on in their careers.

Pettersson may become an elite player, maybe HHOF, but he is not very close to reaching his max potential. What makes us excited is the fact that this player's ceiling seems to be sky high as demonstrated by his SHL plays in comparison to former NHLers.

I think that is why McDavid and Crosby would have made team Canada but Pettersson may not. Sweden's management may view young Pettersson to bring less to the table than some of their best older players playing in various leagues. For McDavid and Crosby, they were as great as they can be when they were only eighteen and so it would have been hard to find Canadian players not playing in the NHL that were better than those two.

22 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Bode Wilde is mainly projected as an early teens pick whereas Jett Woo is projected as a late 20’s pick. Wouldn’t be all that surprising for Jett Woo to drop to the 2nd round but Bode Wilde likely doesn’t fall out of the top 20 let alone make it to our 2nd rounder.

I agree, in contrast,  I have a feeling that Bouchard may sneak up in the rankings as we get closer to draft time.

18 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I agree, in contrast,  I have a feeling that Bouchard may sneak up in the rankings as we get closer to draft time.

That previous comment saying it’d be nice getting two of Boqvist, McIsaac, Dobson and Bouchard would be nice. Thought that was a weird way to list them out because right now I think Boqvist, Dobson and Bouchard all go in the top 10. Where McIsaac going closer to early 20’s. We’d have to find somebody to pay the premium on Tanev to get that other pick in the 20’s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trebreh said:

Quinn Hughes?

4 hours ago, cory40 said:

They have left two spots. He will be there. So don't be too confused.

At the announcement they said that the final two spots will be between Lias Andersson, Robert Nilsson, Andreas Engqvist and André Petersson.  They were left off because injured.  André Petersson is back playing.  Andersson was 2-4 weeks so should be healthy soon.

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mll said:

At the announcement they said that the final two spots will be between Lias Andersson, Robert Nilsson, Andreas Engqvist and André Petersson.  They were left off because injured.  André Petersson is back playing.  Andersson was 2-4 weeks so should be healthy soon.

They think Petterson is too weak physically to make the team obviously. I can see this kid being a top 10 NHL player when he matures around 22-23. 

10 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Arguably after Pettersson in the 1rst round last year Benning probably should have drafted a dman with one of his 2 2nd round picks to round out positional drafting. However that wasn’t Bennings BPA and he drafted Lind and Gadjovich. I love BPA drafting get the guys you think will be the best and make good hockey trades to fix the things you’re missing.

A lot of defencemen went in the second round that looked decent between Lind and Gadjovich.  Clague was a guy that could have ticked a lot of ticky boxes. 

I can see why JB went with Lind over Clague, hopefully it doesn’t turn into another ‘should have drafted Theodore’ moment for the franchise. 

Lind is a super solid pick.  And clearly JB is drafting with the BPA prespective.  To me it is the right approach.  That said I do think that the team’s biggest need ATM is a top tier defender, followed by another top six center prospect. 

My two bits for what it is worth. 

EmW

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

They think Petterson is too weak physically to make the team obviously. I can see this kid being a top 10 NHL player when he matures around 22-23. 

I doubt that's it. He has been dominating men all year. He plays a very well rounded game and has more than double the points of Lias Anderson and has way more skill. Something stinks in the Swedish program and it ain't all the smoked herring. First, they leave off Bovquist off the wjc roster in favour of much lesser talent now to leave off Petterson it doesn't smell right to me. I wonder if anyone from the Frolanda team is involved in the process? Seems pretty clear to me that you go with the BPA when selecting A team. Unless maybe he pissed off someone How do you leave off A kid who is dominating A men's league, which is more talented than these Olympic rosters? If Lias makes it. He can thank Petterson for boosting his stock in the wjc 

I think they should pull him out of the SHL give him his entry-level deal and get him in Utica. Not just because he's A victim of politics but also so the Canucks can get him on A weight gaining program It doesn't look like his club is doing much to help him in that regard

10 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Bouchard is already climbing the rankings. Many have him on the cusp of being a top 10 pick now...