The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Does anyone have a 100% success rate in their draft choices?  I think we'll need still more good young centres before we have a serious contending team.

Yes they do. Every CDCer and all other hockey boards know of the ubiquitous Captain Hindsight. 100% every time.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Does anyone have a 100% success rate in their draft choices?  I think we'll need still more good young centres before we have a serious contending team.

Just one, man I wanted MT or Sergei because they had NHL body size and looked ready to go. OJ pick floored me but I'm over it now.

But I get a second kick at the can, BT? :P

Edited by Hairy Kneel

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Just one, man I wanted MT or Sergei because they had NHL body size and looked ready to go. OJ pick floored me but I'm over it now.

But I get a second kick at the can, BT? :P

I like BT, but I don’t think he will be the guy we pick at 1st OA.  

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Got room for Gadjovich and Lind in that group?  Granlund and Gaunce could center the fourth line or Sutter for a few more years. 

Absolutely...but I was posting what could happen by next year sometime...so while GAdjovich and Lind have a shot at a spot next year....really even without the Sedins and Vanek, I doubt they make it up before spring next year or the following year.

At this point it is looking like the guys I mentioned will all pan out...and soon...with the guys you mentioned looking like sure things too at this point anyway.

I have no trouble seeing us as a New Jersey or a Boston next year...with 6-7 guys 22 years old or younger....and still winning....!!!

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Got room for Gadjovich and Lind in that group?  Granlund and Gaunce could center the fourth line or Sutter for a few more years. 

That’s why I keep advocating a Baertschi trade! We’ve got lots of promising young talent and not enough lines for them to play on lol.

17 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

That’s why I keep advocating a Baertschi trade! We’ve got lots of promising young talent and not enough lines for them to play on lol.

what is with this site

you want to trade established nhl players

when they are producing and having a positive impact

to make room for prospects who have zero nhl experience

and we have no idea how they might adjust to the nhl

why not keep what we have until the youth prove they are better then baer

or anyone else currently on the nhl roster

why not make them earn their spots?

you want to just gift them spots?

too many wanted to do that with virt

and more recently with goldy

both will end up being better players if they have to fight for a roster spot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

what is with this site

you want to trade established nhl players

when they are producing and having a positive impact

to make room for prospects who have zero nhl experience

and we have no idea how they might adjust to the nhl

why not keep what we have until the youth prove they are better then baer

or anyone else currently on the nhl roster

why not make them earn their spots?

you want to just gift them spots?

too many wanted to do that with virt

and more recently with goldy

both will end up being better players if they have to fight for a roster spot

Baertschi will be 26 next year with never having cracked the 40 point plateau. He is not a top 6 player on a contender. He’s playing good right now and the market is favouring the sellers so strike while the pan is hot. Goldobin is ready for a bigger workload! We need to see what he can do as he’s waiver eligible next season. Also Gaudette should be here at the end of the season as well. Trade the middling guys as we have a lot of them. All the other rebuilding teams are doing it. Why must we do this rebuild with only our draft picks!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Baertschi will be 26 next year with never having cracked the 40 point plateau. He is not a top 6 player on a contender. He’s playing good right now and the market is favouring the sellers so strike while the pan is hot. Goldobin is ready for a bigger workload! We need to see what he can do as he’s waiver eligible next season. Also Gaudette should be here at the end of the season as well. Trade the middling guys as we have a lot of them. All the other rebuilding teams are doing it. Why must we do this rebuild with only our draft picks!

and if the sedins don't return

vanek won't

and then you have traded baer

and who with nhl experience will play on the canucks team next year ?

but you don't really care about that

cuz the new toys will be exciting

even if they will be crushed by other teams that have solid nhl players on them

look what happened to the oilers

how are they ever going to repair their team culture??

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

and if the sedins don't return

vanek won't

and then you have traded baer

and who with nhl experience will play on the canucks team next year ?

but you don't really care about that

cuz the new toys will be exciting

even if they will be crushed by other teams that have solid nhl players on them

look what happened to the oilers

how are they ever going to repair their team culture??

Canucks will have more cap space then any other team next year. If none of those guys want to come back I’m sure they can find adequate NHL players instead of rushing youth. You speculating I can do that too. What if Evander Kane being from Vancouver wants to come here on a reasonable deal because it’s his 1rst choice. Maybe Gaudette comes in and transitions to the NHL as seemlessly as Boeser. Do what you have to now and worry about next season when it’s next season! We’re rebuilding!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Canucks will have more cap space then any other team next year. If none of those guys want to come back I’m sure they can find adequate NHL players instead of rushing youth. You speculating I can do that too. What if Evander Kane being from Vancouver wants to come here on a reasonable deal because it’s his 1rst choice. Maybe Gaudette comes in and transitions to the NHL as seemlessly as Boeser. Do what you have to now and worry about next season when it’s next season! We’re rebuilding!

sure you can fill roster spots with ufas

who have no ties to this team and would not necessarily fit in easily

we added some this past off season

only 1 signed a 1 year contract; the only one who really panned out

so you must be prepared to commit to ufas on contracts longer then 1 year?

cuz that will clog up the youth pipeline a lot more

• Upvote 1

Baer has some value now...but I still would not trade him yet ...he is just starting to get it...like Horvat ..who has got it now...pass,deke and shoot with the best of them.

With EP and AG coming on next year we will need a player like Baer or Granlund (to a lesser extent) to help them get there...they need someone who can keep up.

Gagner is the only other hope and he has had ..one...good game...last game he played great but can he keep it up.

Elias is going to rock on someone's wing to start the season and will need Dahlen or better on the other wing to succeed ...maybe one year with the Sedins might work...maybe....

3 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

nice video on Elias Pettersson. Really seems like he’s using this year to get better in all parts of his game and he’s benefitting from some veteran leadership in Vaxjo. 

Was just gunna post this! Great video, classy kid, love the comments by his team and coaches.