The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I've never felt so validated in my life.

What were your expectations for Pettersson coming into this season? I was high on his upside like you, but I don't think any of us thought he'd be putting up 1.25 PPG 40 games into his rookie season.

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

What were your expectations for Pettersson coming into this season? I was high on his upside like you, but I don't think any of us thought he'd be putting up 1.25 PPG 40 games into his rookie season.

I was hoping for at least 0.65 ppg. He's been amazing this year. 

22 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

I would have probably assumed he would be sitting at closer to 35 through 40 games. I didn't expect this level of dominance at all, but I did think he was going to do extremely well. I said about a month before the draft to @canucklax that I thought he could possibly have the highest offensive upside in the entire draft though. I just saw him as being a risky pick, boom or bust.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Pettersson - Horvat - Gaudette

Boeser - Stecher

I was think something like, Horvat floating around high slot and behind the net, Gaudette low left side for a goal line 1 t EP and BB both around the top of the red circle and then honestly I’d rather see Pouliot on the blue line for that power play 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

I was think something like, Horvat floating around high slot and behind the net, Gaudette low left side for a goal line 1 t EP and BB both around the top of the red circle and then honestly I’d rather see Dahlen on the blue line for that power play 

FTFY 

46 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I would have probably assumed he would be sitting at closer to 35 through 40 games. I didn't expect this level of dominance at all, but I did think he was going to do extremely well. I said about a month before the draft to @canucklax that I thought he could possibly have the highest offensive upside in the entire draft though. I just saw him as being a risky pick, boom or bust.

Sometimes, you've gotta swing for the fences! :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

And I am more than glad that the team took the risk! 

Excited to see him over here next year. I'm not sure if there's any chance for him to be here before the end of this season, they look poised to do a deep run in the playoffs.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 4:53 PM, Glory_Days said:

I truly don't see him ever becoming a 1st line center, hope I'm wrong, even if he is just a really good 2nd line center though, it's still a good pick. Look at how many players in top 10 become grinders on bottom six, or bottom pairing D

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:01 PM, Apricot said:

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:03 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Sometimes I wonder why the Canucks bother hiring any professional scouts, when we already have plenty of them on these message boards willing to do it for free.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:11 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:18 PM, SuitnTie said:

Don't know if this was posted, but holy skills batman! 

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:32 PM, Honey-Badger-Hansen said:

Inititial reaction was shock, but I recalled feeling the exact same way when we picked Boeser and settled in pretty quick. Trusting Benning on this one, and very excited to follow Elias this coming year.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:34 PM, canuckledraggin said:

Benning just made Pettersson and Dahlen the Sedin twins. Put the kid on those Russian "vitamins" and he can play in North America next year.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 5:47 PM, terrible.dee said:

That list was ONLY FOR EUROPEAN SKATERS

He was the #5 EURO SKATER, not including North Americans

#10 sure 

#5? 

Whatever, we've done this too many times before......let Benning play at whatever he's playing at, I don't have to watch it, at least he will be enjoying the Canucks

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 6:09 PM, Oregon.Duck said:

The salt is strong in this thread. Notice how Vilardi fell to #11, while we arm chair GMs were biting at the chomps to pick him at #5! This just shows how little we know compared to these GMs that have spent hours with these prospects and the scouts that have spent days analyzing their play and scrutinizing everything.

From what I hear, Elias Pettersson has elite potential if he can fill out his frame. Possibly one of the most dynamic players in the draft. Instead of being happy with the amazing player we receive, we already set this kid up in our minds for failure.

WE GOT ELIAS 

LOOKING REALLY GOOD TODAY

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Isam said:

Omgz, should have drafted kopitarz.

Heh, did you read some of the comments in the SN article.  In this case it wasn't shoulda drafted Kopitarz it was SHOULDA TRADED DOWNz!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dim Jim coulda easily acquired an extra 4th round pick AND picked Pettersson 6th or 7th.

...should've traded down one spot

...should trade Cassels for a 7th rounder

etc

etc

I'm almost tempted to start a list of all these "bright" ideas, could have 40 picks by now for the 2018 draft.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, did you read some of the comments in the SN article.  In this case it wasn't shoulda drafted Kopitarz it was SHOULDA TRADED DOWNz!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dim Jim coulda easily acquired an extra 4th round pick AND picked Pettersson 6th or 7th.

...should've traded down one spot

...should trade Cassels for a 7th rounder

etc

etc

I'm almost tempted to start a list of all these "bright" ideas, could have 40 picks by now for the 2018 draft.

Haha. Love it.  They're like picKS zombies.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Did we have this many poster feuds back when the team was winning? I can’t remember but it seems like we got along better in those days. Here’s hoping once the rebuild’s done we won’t have so much to fight about. :) 

I think for the most part 

Everybody wants the same thing

Some just don't  see things through rose coloured glasses like others do

Hopefully things will get better for the team , and I am sure the ones called haters or negative won't mind being wrong if it goes good

How will the ones overly positive and trusting respond, if by chance that our 'prospects" don't pan out as NHL stars or even players?

This will set back the team another 10 yrs of what we have now

I highly doubt anyone wants that for the team

This is a discussion board

It is a good thing that people care enough about the team and express it

We are talking about hockey, a game, some of the comments get taking personally when different, which starts the feuding

It has been said in Canada, hockey is like a religion

in this case

Some will have the faith, no matter what happens and just believe

while others need some proof