The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, TGT68 said:

Hey, when was the last time we had a player tied for first overall in NHL points?  When was the last time they weren't Swedish?  Lol.  

And he has 5+ mins less TOI per game than everyone else with 5 pts. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, winthecup said:

I don't know man, he has looked like a legit NHL centreman so far. I guess hindsight is 20/20 but you seemed so convinced with that judgment based on one pre season game. 

Haha...I was gonna quote those. You beat me to it. ::D

• Upvote 1

I have to say. Elias has 5 pts in 2 games. But that is not as exciting as low of ice time he has. But even more exciting is how many highlight reel shifts or moves he has done in a meager 2 games! Has any player filled twitter with more clips? 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Elias was super disappointed and PO'd after the game....I hope we don't lose him.

Lose him to what? He’ll hold out until he’s traded? 

What the hell does this comment mean?

• Cheers 2

On 2018-09-08 at 11:48 AM, stawns said:

I agree on that one.  He obviously knows how to play the position and he's deadly with the puck from the middle of the ice.  However, his performance in the dot will determine if that's where he plays down the road, and he's going to have a tough time handling the bigger players of the NHL, defensively, until he gets bigger and stronger.

I'd say he's an easy 2-3 years from playing C, effectively, in the NHL

The dude rolls over other players. Litterally. Check out the move he made before retrieving that puck and set up Goldie on the first night.

I see future attempts at runnin him over, Pettersson getting away from the check, and then have Beagle, Roussel and Gudbranson make that player pay dearly, and that’s if Pettersson doesn’t score first.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol let just say Hischier doesn't improve on last year.. and have the same amount of points.. Pettersson will need to pretty much lead the league in scoring to accomplish that.. is it doable? sure is it likely to happen? probably not.. just like i don't think pettersson is going to score 123 goals the pace he's currently on. ppl are counting out Hischier way too early.. the kid as an 18 year old have 52 points.. he was one of the reason Hall won the hart trophy.. is Pettersson the best player in that draft? hopefully possibly, but 2 games into his career you guys are already appointing him the next McDavids Matthews etc is a bit premature.. i pray to god he will be.. but ya... 2 games..

Is Petterson better than Barzal who had 22 goals, 63 assists (85 points) in his rookie season?  

Is Petterson the UBC test tube clone of Henrik and Daniel?

• Haha 1

After last night's game I came to the conclusion I haven't been this excited watching someone have control of the puck since Bure. Yes Bure could literally get you out of your seat almost everytime his speed and hands were just amazing to watch, but EP may not have that top speed like Bure but he has speed and has the hands to back it up. I know Brock got a lot of Bure comparison last year, but I never thought that once I thought Brock reminded me of Naslund more because of his shot not his speed. EP on the other hand has speed and can make moves that are sick to watch then has the shot to finish as well, imo as soon as he touches the puck I'm expecting something special to happen and that's exciting, like Bure when he touched the puck. 

Imo we have 3 star players and for comparison.

EP = Bure

Brock = Naslund

Horvat = Linden

• Upvote 3