The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/benning-not-ready-to-give-up-on-goldobin-want-to-re-sign-edler-1.1250633

Towards the end, Benning mentions that Canucks media people are working with Petterson to get rid of the alien death stare.  Say it ain't so!  It's the source of all his powers!

JB don’t mess with Pettersson’s natural competitive spirit.  Petey competes on a level mere humans don’t understand.  

15 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/benning-not-ready-to-give-up-on-goldobin-want-to-re-sign-edler-1.1250633

Towards the end, Benning mentions that Canucks media people are working with Petterson to get rid of the alien death stare.  Say it ain't so!  It's the source of all his powers!

Better not get rid of the death stare. I hate our boring pr team sometimes let the players have the mentalities that make them great . He has the Kobe esque mentality to me and I love it .

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Sorry wasn’t to sure where I should ask this question but I’m curious of where the best chance is I could get EPs autograph on my jersey when I visit Vancouver game for March 6 any help would be much appreciated 

Not sure if it still happens but I remember back in the day people would gather outside the parking lot exit all the players leave from and they would stop and sign a few things before leaving. This was back in the wce era though so things could have changed.

1 hour ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Sorry wasn’t to sure where I should ask this question but I’m curious of where the best chance is I could get EPs autograph on my jersey when I visit Vancouver game for March 6 any help would be much appreciated 

Makes a sign that says something like, “Petey you will sign my jersey, or get my death stare.”  Then when he reads your sign, give him the death stare.  Maybe you’ll get his death stare back, and his sig?  You need to practice.  Go find a mirror.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yung1 said:

Not sure if it still happens but I remember back in the day people would gather outside the parking lot exit all the players leave from and they would stop and sign a few things before leaving. This was back in the wce era though so things could have changed.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Makes a sign that says something like, “Petey you will sign my jersey, or get my death stare.”  Then when he reads your sign, give him the death stare.  Maybe you’ll get his death stare back, and his sig?  You need to practice.  Go find a mirror.  

Haha id rather keep my underwear stain free Alf ..... thanks fellas I’m sure I’ll figure out something, worse case scenario I just go find Shane O’Brien at sharks club and get him to sign some stuff 

• Cheers 1

Petey needs to give the death stare. The media is too sensitive, if they can't handle a death stare because they asked a stupid question then ask better questions. Don't cast a negative light on a kid because of the way he interviews. He is a rookie on the ice and he is a rookie with the reporters. Let Petey do what he does.

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Canucks rookie records watch:

Petey now needs 19 more assists to tie Dale Tallon(42A), '71.

Needs 14 more points to tie Pavel Bure, '92 and Ivan Hlinka, '82(60Pts).

And is currently tied in goals among rookie centres with Hlinka at 23, also set in '82.

• Like 4

On 2/3/2019 at 5:04 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

Canucks rookie records watch:

Petey now needs 19 more assists to tie Dale Tallon(42A), '71.

Needs 14 more points to tie Pavel Bure, '92 and Ivan Hlinka, '82(60Pts).

On 2/3/2019 at 6:17 PM, -AJ- said:

And is currently tied in goals among rookie centres with Hlinka at 23, also set in '82.

This is quite simple incredible stats by Pettersson.... unreal....

21 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

The director and the car dealership that are responsible for making Petey look like an idiot in that commercial should be shot. I say this as someone who has made a living in the film business for longer than I care to say. 

I kind of cringe when I see that commercial, but it also makes me chuckle. Probably because Elias is trying to be very stoic and serious (and grown up) with his peach fuzz, but whoever wrote those lines "Speed, Agility, Power. I am fan of these things", makes him sound robotic. Then again, it's better than Tie Domi's commercials lol   

34 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I kind of cringe when I see that commercial, but it also makes me chuckle. Probably because Elias is trying to be very stoic and serious (and grown up) with his peach fuzz, but whoever wrote those lines "Speed, Agility, Power. I am fan of these things", makes him sound robotic alien. Then again, it's better than Tie Domi's commercials lol   

FTFY.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:39 PM, Maniwaki Canuck said:

That's quite ironic.  I wonder if the media people are working with JB?  Maybe they should start there :blink: 

Pettersson is awesome:

image.jpeg.0400ffa4b57cbf51051c17ef869b7b35.jpeg  "Stop asking stupid questions please........ It hurts my brain"

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Jesus I really don't want people programming Petey a certain way in order to eliminate the shame of the dumbass media who find it difficult to be able to converse with him in a reasonable way.  How about work with them, at that end, and get rid of the stupid, redundant questions that bring on the death stare.  The LAST thing this kid needs to focus on is...how to please the media hacks.  We have better things for him to concern himself with.  Priorities.

Is this about polishing a media star or reporting on a hockey star?  

Besides, the kid's processing at that point...do you not want him to do that?  Oh right, they're supposed to spew out rhetoric like zombies.  What's the point?

They'll get death stares from me if they try to change him. 

No.  It's their (the media's) deal...start doing some legit homework and coming up with creative questions if you don't want to stun the kid with stupidity.

Gah, we're too nice on this team.  Maybe he should slap them instead?  Or get Guddy to fly in and tackle them?

The funny thing is the only people complaining is the media. I wish interviews were abolished all together.  We never get the actual answers we are looking for. 

• Upvote 1