The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, gurn said:

After playing all this pro season as a winger, you want him to revert to center for a short tournament?

some fans just don't understand. If McDavid can play center. If McToronto can play center then McPetterson can play center. Its his calibre of talent that will allow him to succeed. Looks like Sweden well knows he is their go to guy. He practically runs every play when on the ice.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Before the draft a few here were saying that Hischier would be a winger in the NHL because he is so slight.  NJD uses him at C. 

Benning expects Pettersson to be a C - he says they have scoring wingers but lacked a playmaking C for them and that's why it was so important to draft Pettersson.

I hope so. I'd rather be patient and develop him as a center but I just don't think the evidence so far points to that happening. 

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I hope so. I'd rather be patient and develop him as a center but I just don't think the evidence so far points to that happening. 

Yeh because we watch him for 1 game maybe 2. McDavid was shut down by our man three years ago he did fine. Don't worry elite players still play against others.

21 minutes ago, I'm Your Huckleberry said:

Pettersson clearly has some skill but he's played softer than I'd like to see all tourney. I hope he gains the confidence to take pucks back with authority when he bulks up.  Looks like he could be a player though, and I'll be cheering for the kid.

Ya. He isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas which is a good sign. Once he gets stronger he will win more battles that's for sure.

1 minute ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Fantastic play by Pettersson just right now

He hounded the puck by reading the play brilliantly, looked up for a split second and made a perfect pass to Nylander who hit the post.

Unreal hockey sense.

Henrik like that was.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

He hounded the puck by reading the play brilliantly, looked up for a split second and made a perfect pass to Nylander who hit the post.

Unreal hockey sense.

Ya that play exemplified exactly what makes Pettersson so special. You could see him reading the play and he made the perfect read to intercept the puck and knew exactly where Nylander was. Elite hockey sense and vision 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Unreal hockey sense.

Yeah that was so nice. He's so tenacious too and looks like he never gets tired. Might be because he plays overseas on a larger rink hence why his endurance is better (as is most european players) than NA players. But that shoulder-check to see Nylander in front of the net all alone showed his smarts.

• Upvote 1