The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

No its not awarded yet, checked the Swedish hockey association but no winner is announced yet, it is usually the mid 20's of June so should be announced soon!

They wont, its still "the best swedish player, iin any league"

I think it will be hard for him to compete with players like William Karlsson, Victor Hedman or even Anton Lander winning the playoff best forward and MVP in the KHL

That was my thinking as well.

Last year it was announced June 24th and the previous year was a couple days later. 

So probably some time next week.

And I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t one of the NHL players you mentioned. 

Just was weird. Went on Pettersson’s Wiki page and they say “awarded Guldpucken.” So then I check the Guldpucken Wiki and they have him as the 2017-18 winner. Then go on Twitter and one of the top results for Pettersson is a video suggesting he won Sweden’s “Player of the Year.”

But nothing anywhere else.

And you can bet that there’d be several articles written (especially out of Sweden) if Pettersson had actually won this award. It would be a huge surprise and likely even a bit controversial.

But there’s nothing.

Looking at the Wikipedia edit history, it looks like they added the Guldpucken in early May (so probably somebody just made a mistake). They also refer to Guldpucken as “league MVP” so clearly they’ve got it mixed up.

Using my LAPP prospect ranking system on Elias Pettersson from his last year in Allsvenskan. He scored a 3.934. That would put him ahead of Svechnikov and just behind Dahlen in this draft. Well ahead of Cody Glass who scored a 2.509, who is very close to Brady Tkachuk. #Canucks

23 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely. Hopefully we have the same issues a year from now and for the rest of his career. :) 

"No it was the Calder! No I'm pretty sure it was the Byng he took home.... wait I though that he won the Lindsey this year. Oh ya... it was all of them and the Bill Masterson, silly me"