The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

9 minutes ago, richado said:

So are Lind, Jasek, and whichever other prospects head over to Utica, intended to join the team for the playoffs? Or are they just being given the few regular season games left to get that taste of professional juice in their mouth? 

I heard Goldy will play the playoffs, if he counts as a prospect.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Seemed like the camera was following that player a bit. I figured it was Lind.

Another Tweet said he was practicing with Chaput and Tanner MacMaster. After looking at that video again the does look like the three players in white.

11 minutes ago, richado said:

So are Lind, Jasek, and whichever other prospects head over to Utica, intended to join the team for the playoffs? Or are they just being given the few regular season games left to get that taste of professional juice in their mouth? 

The Comets roster is being held together by duct tape and band aids...aka PTOs.  Unless Lind and Jasek completely fall on their faces I expect them to be a part of the Comets line up in the playoffs.  I think the days of not playing late season junior additions to the line up ended when Travis Green moved up to Vancouver.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Based on previous Cup run couple (or was it 3) years ago, only Virtanen played in the playoffs. Hutton had one regular season game, then sent back to the gym. McCann watched from the stands.

That was a Travis Green thing.  Heck he still doesn't like to play Ben Hutton. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

there are three forwards in white working their down low play against two D in green.  Considering two of the forwards are left shot, and Lind is right shot, I'm thinking it's fairly likely Lind is the right shot player in the white sweater.  :gocan:

This would look right to me too...the right shot forward in white...he moved like Lind and got his shot on net...like Lind...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gurn said:

The PC people are always just waiting to attack some innocent comment, and make the assumption they know what someone is thinking, when saying (or writing) something.  I'm glad to hear that young Subban is not of that 1984 Thought Police mind-set.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This would look right to me too...the right shot forward in white...he moved like Lind and got his shot on net...like Lind...

the kid is an amazing skater!  "Why was no one taking Lind?"  Way to go JB!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

The Comets roster is being held together by duct tape and band aids...aka PTOs.  Unless Lind and Jasek completely fall on their faces I expect them to be a part of the Comets line up in the playoffs.  I think the days of not playing late season junior additions to the line up ended when Travis Green moved up to Vancouver.  

Sweet, may have to follow their playoff run this year. 

50 minutes ago, cory40 said:

I was surprised the way JB spoke about Kole. looks like he might crack the Canucks next year.

Not completely unreasonable. Kole definitely has a chance, as do the rest of our top prospects.

I also think JB kinda feels the same way as me when it comes to our prospects—can’t help but see them all as potential NHLers.

He’d probably sign all our draft picks if there wasn’t a contract limit (mostly kidding ;)).

But clearly he’s high on Kole Lind. Which is great. Kid’s done nothing but impress. Hopefully he has an accelerated development curve and starts pushing for a role as soon as next season.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

Lind has a good tool set for the pro game, but needs to work on the 3 basic things all prospects need

Speed, Strength, and Consistency

If he can make some gains in those 3 areas this summer his skill set and hockey IQ should allow him to at least compete for a spot at training camp. I think he would be better served playing in the AHL for a year at least though. Trent Cull seems to be a good coach, and Green will surely be busy with the other young guys he coaches/mentors at the NHL level. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Filthymitts32 said:

When did this occur? Recently? 

In the third period interview with JIm Benning last night. He said he thinks Cole plays a NHL game. Or NHL ready don't quote me exactly but he said people will be surprised.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Lind has a good tool set for the pro game, but needs to work on the 3 basic things all prospects need

If he can make some gains in those 3 areas this summer his skill set and hockey IQ should allow him to at least compete for a spot at training camp. I think he would be better served playing in the AHL for a year at least though. Trent Cull seems to be a good coach, and Green will surely be busy with the other young guys he coaches/mentors at the NHL level. 

So basically he's Goldobin before we picked him up?

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

Agree about Cull. When the Comets season first started I wasn't all that sold on him, but he sure has won me over. Amazing with all the players Utica has had out over the course of the season that he has them in the playoffs. Unreal...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, cory40 said:

I was surprised the way JB spoke about Kole. looks like he might crack the Canucks next year.

Yeah, it's not that surprising. All prospects of quality will have a chance to break into the Canucks lineup next year. It's pretty obvious that they're going the Devils/Aves route next year by going younger and giving prospects a chance to crack the lineup. That said, I don't think Lind will make it. A year or two in Utica will do him a lot of good. I expect guys like Michael Carcone and Zack MacEwen to make more of an impact in training camp then Lind (or Gadjovich), at this point.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Yeah, it's not that surprising. All prospects of quality will have a chance to break into the Canucks lineup next year. It's pretty obvious that they're going the Devils/Aves route next year by going younger and giving prospects a chance to crack the lineup. That said, I don't think Lind will make it. A year or two in Utica will do him a lot of good. I expect guys like Michael Carcone and Zack MacEwen to make more of an impact in training camp then Lind (or Gadjovich), at this point.

We got so many young guys with such high potential I’m expecting one of the 3 dahlen lind Or gadj to show up and surprise everyone and earn a spot 

• Cheers 1