The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

I dont know if it was me just cheering my ass off for lind when whl played Russia but I thought he was whls best player in the first game and had a strong second game to go with it comes back from being sick and proves he’s fine with a goal and an Apple, every situation he’s been put in he’s making things happen for himself and coaches take notice of that 

gadjovich being a lock on makenzies eyes is pretty sweet tho!!! 

Edited by LegionOfDoom
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sedinery33 said:

Are you sure? He has a 1998 birthday, everything I can find, though I didn't look to hard says anyone that turns 20 in the year the tournament finishes. Palmu will be 20 in 2018, the year this WJC finishes

Gadj would bring size to our line up in the top 6. Not suggesting he will be a full on top 6 talent, but paired with Bo and Boeser he could fit in well and with where he likes to play he will get his points in the dirty areas.

I am intrigued by him as a prospect, hopefully he continues to work on his skating. Is he AHL eligible next year or still another year of junior to go?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Gadj would bring size to our line up in the top 6. Not suggesting he will be a full on top 6 talent, but paired with Bo and Boeser he could fit in well and with where he likes to play he will get his points in the dirty areas.

I am intrigued by him as a prospect, hopefully he continues to work on his skating. Is he AHL eligible next year or still another year of junior to go?

I believe, with his October birthday, he is AHL eligible next year.

It's been mentioned on previous pages if you're up fornsome digging.

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

I believe, with his October birthday, he is AHL eligible next year.

It's been mentioned on previous pages if you're up fornsome digging.

That is correct.

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yotes said:

Bo, Virtanen, Gaunce and Gadjovich. Now we are talking some decent size up front.  The d-side only has Gudbranson with Hutton trying to play bigger. Not including Edler as I am hoping he brings back a draft pick.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:09 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Every second highlight I see of Gadj.,....I could be looking at Phil Esposito ...they both are dead calm in the water and make deflections and in close roofer's (before anyone else knows where the puck is) and just generally making defensemen look weak and slow and goaltenders cry....

Neither one is very fast....but they will get to the puck first and with purpose in a 10 foot race every time... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Every second highlight I see of Gadj.,....I could be looking at Phil Esposito ...they both are dead calm in the water and make deflections and in close roofer's (before anyone else knows where the puck is) and just generally making defensemen look weak and slow and goaltenders cry....

Neither one is very fast....but they will get to the puck first and with purpose in a 10 foot race every time... 

Im telling you. When he makes the big club ill be making tshirts. "jesus saves, Gadjo scores on the rebound"

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2017 at 11:29 PM, WHL rocks said:

This guy makes his living in front of the net. Exactly what we need. With the way Boeser scores so many goals 10 feet in front of net and Jonah even closer this is team is finally going have what we've been missing with net front presence. 

He's going to be our Big Buff.

15 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I think of retired Flyers 50-goal man Tim Kerr  and his reign of terror in front of opposing goalies whenever I watch highlights of Gadjovich. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I think of retired Flyers 50-goal man Tim Kerr  and his reign of terror in front of opposing goalies whenever I watch highlights of Gadjovich. 

I like that comparison, I would be very happy if he turned out like Tim Kerr...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Who was the guy that scored a million goals in Buffalo, and then did the same (as an old guy) for Tampa when they won their cup.  I remember he wasn’t the best skater, but the guy was fabulous around the net.  He was big too.