The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

If Green is keeping Petan over Gadjovich, he should be fired on the spot.

Right?? Wtf are these clowns even doing to not give that guy another look?

You literally have 1 job right now and thats to evaluate the talent... smh I cannot 

even right now with this decision.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Shirotashi said:

Right?? Wtf are these clowns even doing to not give that guy another look?

You literally have 1 job right now and thats to evaluate the talent... smh I cannot 

even right now with this decision.

Even if Jonah gets plucked off waivers (I’m hoping he clears) is he a guy who will make a difference between us winning and losing?  I like his size, and toughness, but he struggles (defensively) when he doesn’t have the pick, which is pretty much 98% of his icetime.  Hopefully he clears and can develop his away from the puck game this year and we call him up later.  I think he can be a player, but not just yet.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Even if Jonah gets plucked off waivers (I’m hoping he clears) is he a guy who will make a difference between us winning and losing?  I like his size, and toughness, but he struggles (defensively) when he doesn’t have the pick, which is pretty much 98% of his icetime.  Hopefully he clears and can develop his away from the puck game this year and we call him up later.  I think he can be a player, but not just yet.  

Yes. Goals make a difference between winning and losing. Having energy doesn't. Glad we have Highmore and not Gadjovich. 2 points in 2 games? (goal and assist) - Get rid of him! Need more Dowling!

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IDK if you have been watching lately but after our regulars there is a SIGNIFICANT drop off. Theres like nobody. 

Gadjovich was a bright spot why in gods name did we not test him against actual NHL'rs? Makes no sense how

do we know what we have in him? Reminds me of Archibald, played his ass off, hit, scored goals but never gets 

a fair shot.. guess they dont know the secret illuminati handshake.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Yes. Goals make a difference between winning and losing. Having energy doesn't. Glad we have Highmore and not Gadjovich. 2 points in 2 games? (goal and assist) - Get rid of him! Need more Dowling!

Jonah might become a decent NHLer.  But he needs to play without the puck if that going to happen.  For him that’s 99% of his ice time where he needs to improve.  That’s best done in the minors. If he’s claimed, I will not be happy, but I also realize it’s truly not a big loss.  I do hope he clears though.  He’s got great character.  

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

IDK if you have been watching lately but after our regulars there is a SIGNIFICANT drop off. Theres like nobody. 

Gadjovich was a bright spot why in gods name did we not test him against actual NHL'rs? Makes no sense how

do we know what we have in him? Reminds me of Archibald, played his ass off, hit, scored goals but never gets 

a fair shot.. guess they dont know the secret illuminati handshake.

I like Jonah too, but he’s got a lot of work to do learning to play without the puck.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jonah might become a decent NHLer.  But he needs to play without the puck if that going to happen.  For him that’s 99% of his ice time where he needs to improve.  That’s best done in the minors. If he’s claimed, I will not be happy, but I also realize it’s truly not a big loss.  I do hope he clears though.  He’s got great character.  

I think it is a big loss. Unlike someone like Corrado who people were getting up in arms at letting go back in the day, Gadjovich has size and the ability to score. Why isn't he tried out on a line with Miller? How do you look at this player, see his ability to get to the net and score (with 4th line teammates), and not try him with some better offensive players? Where's the talent assessment? So dumb. Like AV having no idea that trying Burrows with the Sedins would necessarily do anything (he said he decided to try it out in an interview. Didn't give any particular reason). If you watched him play you could see he had very good hockey IQ and both offensive and defensive awareness before he ever played a shift with them. Case in point the One game he actually got to play with Bertuzzi (him and Kesler) where he got his first credited hattrick, and that wasn't even enough.

• Vintage 1

Hopefully the timing for this move was based on JB looking at the various teams' depth charts and deciding that if any of them claimed Gadj right now they would need to waive players they don't want to lose. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hey, Marky cleared waivers this time of year didn't he?

• Upvote 2

On 6/24/2017 at 7:49 AM, suitup said:

LW   |   6'2"   |   201 lbs

Shoots | Left

Born | 1998-10-12

Birthplace | Whitby, ON, CAN

Draft | 2017 Round 2 #55 Overall by Vancouver Canucks

Strengths

• Excellent size and strength.
  • Drives the net.
  • Good shot.
  • Reads plays well.

Under Construction (Improvements to Make)

• Skating
  • Consistency

NHL Potential

Gadjovich has the upside of a top-six power forward. He already has the frame and can only get stronger. I believe he is a little dependent on his linemates. He enjoyed a great deal of success playing on one of the OHL’s best lines with Nick Suzuki and Kevin Hancock. The situation Gadjovich lands in is worth watching. His floor is a bit lower as well given his hot and cold streaks. He has boom or bust potential.

Risk-Reward Analysis

Risk – 5/5, Reward – 4.5/5

Fantasy Hockey Potential

Offence – 8/10, Defense – 7/10

Awards/Achievements

Jonah Gadjovich won an OHL Gold Cup Championship in 2013-14. He also won an OMHA Gold Medal in the same season. He was originally drafted 39th overall in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection.

Praying Gads clears waivers  :(

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Megna-itis

Well Greener wants D in guys so we don't get lit up which has been happening as D has been worked on so it shouldn't surprise you BUT that being said, Gads, if he clears waivers has the tools to become another Bo, and don't forget that Bo was labelled by the media and idiots who listened to them said Bo was slow and would be nothing more than a career 3rd liner "AT BEST" but I highly doubt Green would pass on a tough as nails kid with a nice scoring upside who just needs more polishing.. 

The whole team has to play a good D overall game and not just rely on the defense for it or we'll never get there, almost every team who has a cup played a really good 200' game so we need to get there too. 

But yeah, some of Green's decisions have irked me too but then again he's not a seasoned NHL either, he's still learning but I'm confident, just like the team he'll improve too..

23 hours ago, D-Money said:

It’s not an asset if nobody will pay anything for it.

I feel like the SJ Sharks disagree with you :P

but, yeah, unfortunate situation that we couldn't really move him for anything.  Best of luck to him but I really wish we gave him a chance.  Nothing against DiGiuseppe, Bailey, Petan (who I like), Chiassion, etc., though.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Hopefully the timing for this move was based on JB looking at the various teams' depth charts and deciding that if any of them claimed Gadj right now they would need to waive players they don't want to lose. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hey, Marky cleared waivers this time of year didn't he?

San Jose is a likely lottery pick candidate (assuming that is the team that claims him).  I highly doubt they have anybody worth claiming off their waiver list.