The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Unfortunately Green likes to go with guys he knows and he seems to like MacEwan.

If they put Gadj on waivers to keep MacEwan I’ll be pretty disappointed.

Even if its just strictly asset management, McEwen would easily go unclaimed. Ive seen enough to McEwen and he doesn't offer much. For a guy thats supposedly "physical" he hardly hits anybody. Would rather see Gadjovich or Lockwood. McEwen is a just a warm body to put in a lineup while at the very least Lockwood can be developed into  PKer. Lockwoods speed is whats gonna hopefully get him in the roster

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

He's always been good at those. Net front presence/goal scorer has been his bread and butter.

Clearly Gads skates a lot better than Lucic, Reaves, and several other big boppers.  I’d say Gads is a much better hockey player than Reaves.  So why can’t we find a spot for him in our lineup? It sure looks like he has the skills and smarts to play higher in the lineup.   Why don’t we at least try him on the wing with two skilled guys? 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Clearly Gads skates a lot better than Lucic, Reaves, and several other big boppers.  I’d say Gads is a much better hockey player than Reaves.  So why can’t we find a spot for him in our lineup? It sure looks like he has the skills and smarts to play higher in the lineup.   Why don’t we at least try him on the wing with two skilled guys? 

In one of my mock line ups, I had...

Gadj EP Boeser

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

That’s a line I’d like to see tried too.  

I suggested that months ago. A net front presence who plays tough in front of the net, has a great scoring touch and would be a deterrent to anyone thinking about taking liberties on Petey. 

• Cheers 1

Yeah, we can't let Gadj get claimed. He'll be scooped up for sure. I've seen enough from Big Mac to say that I don't think there's much more there. Gadj is coming off a (shortened) AHL season where he was close to a goal game, and considering his skating has taken a big step forward I think he has to be on this roster opening night.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, BPA said:

In one of my mock line ups, I had...

Gadj EP Boeser

Me too!  The guy has the feet for it now and has looked really good.  If Gino can score 16 goals riding shotgun with Bure so can Jonah with these guys.  Though honestly Bure could’ve scored much more that year if he just shot rather than dishing it to Gino on every 2 on 1.

17 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I hope we waive Macewan. Hes useless. Rather have Gadj. 

Lockwood prob has to start in AHL simply cuz theres no room for him on this roster. Asset management 

I am fine with big Mac as the 13th guy for extra truculence when needed.  Gadjovich ceiling has always been high if he could deal with his skating 

5 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

Me too!  The guy has the feet for it now and has looked really good.  If Gino can score 16 goals riding shotgun with Bure so can Jonah with these guys.  Though honestly Bure could’ve scored much more that year if he just shot rather than dishing it to Gino on every 2 on 1.

Count me in there.  Gadj has produced at every level and has pretty good hockey sense as well.  It's definitely worth at least trying.

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, we can't let Gadj get claimed. He'll be scooped up for sure. I've seen enough from Big Mac to say that I don't think there's much more there. Gadj is coming off a (shortened) AHL season where he was close to a goal game, and considering his skating has taken a big step forward I think he has to be on this roster opening night.

The guy has put in the time and is clearly ready for a shot.  It would be such a shame to lose him for nothing at this point.  Remember the general out cry when Frankie Corrado was claimed, the CDC should break if we lose this guy