The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

if he works hard enough he has a chance.  What he has going for him is his ability to bang in ugly pucks in front of the net like Thomas Holmstrom. He is built for playoff hockey. He can win fights against other tough men and will stand up for his teammates. He could be somewhat of a Burrows story. I agree that he needs at least another season in Abby to improve the small details of his skating. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

if he works hard enough he has a chance.  What he has going for him is his ability to bang in ugly pucks in front of the net like Thomas Holmstrom. He is built for playoff hockey. He can win fights against other tough men and will stand up for his teammates. He could be somewhat of a Burrows story. I agree that he needs at least another season in Abby to improve the small details of his skating. 

We are so deep at the forward position Green could put him with Bo and Podz.  That would be a fun line to play with in the playoffs.   That’s a powerful line 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Gadjovich had a great year with 15 goals in 19 games.  He’s 22, been seasoning for 4 years.   He’ll be fine. 

Fine in the AHL. 

but unfortunately most NHL teams had their Prospects do really good last season in the Covid AHL. 

so Gadjovich 1 good AHL season is just ok. Lets see how he plays in Abby. 

realistically i really don’t think hes a future 1st or 2nd line NHLer and hes not a checking 3rd liner, he could be a good 4th liner imo... but i would like to be proven wrong. Better Big Gad is the better it is for the Canucks. 

23 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Fine in the AHL. 

but unfortunately most NHL teams had their Prospects do really good last season in the Covid AHL. 

realistically i really don’t think hes a future 1st or 2nd line NHLer and hes not a checking 3rd liner, he could be a good 4th liner imo... but i would like to be proven wrong. Better Big Gad is the better it is for the Canucks. 

That’s what they said about Burrows.  Sometimes getting the right fit is more important 

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

That’s what they said about Burrows.  Sometimes getting the right fit is more important 

Burrows could skate and had an amazing motor. Gadjovich isn’t known for either. 

i think your hoping more of a Gino Odjick playing on Bures line. 

but Gadjovich has potential and hes young. Its a wait and see....training camp will show alot. Gadjovich will get call ups if hes producing for the Abby team.

Edited by HockeyHarry

Abbotsford has an whole new team. It will be interesting to see how he competes with the roster of newly signed players and where he fits in. With his cousin as backup I think stepping into somewhat of a leadership role on that team and proving he can be a top 6 forward with that roster will be his next step 

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If he requires waivers then he’s on the team.

No way they lose Lind and Gadjovich in one offseason. That would just be horrible asset management.

I am 99% sure that he is exempt from waivers.

He is still on his ELC and his waiver signing age according to Capfriendly was 19.  So that means he is still exempt.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

He is still on his ELC and his waiver signing age according to Capfriendly was 19.  So that means he is still exempt.

Weren’t Gads and Lind in the same draft?  Lind needs waivers, so wouldn’t Gads too? 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Weren’t Gads and Lind in the same draft?  Lind needs waivers, so wouldn’t Gads too? 

You are correct @Alflives; Gadjovich needs to clear waivers.

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

Unfortunately @Provost, the 1% that you're uncertain about wins out.  The following are exempt:

Hoglander, Rathbone, Podkolzin, Klimovich, Plasek, Lockwood, Focht, Steven, Woo, DiPietro and Silovs.  Everyone is subject to waivers.

Source: https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Gadjovich had a great year with 15 goals in 19 games.  He’s 22, been seasoning for 4 years.   He’ll be fine. 

Those 15 goals came off 60 shots for a 25% conversion rate.  Doubtful he can continue that this season, either in Vancouver or Abbotsford.  Having said that, though, many came from his net front presence, tip-ins and banging in rebounds.   One empty net goal.  So if he co continues his Holmstrom impersonation, he'll do all right

4 were powerplay tallies, and it is doubtful he'll get a look there in the big club.  And, ofc, he really took off when Rathbone arrived, with his slapper delivering such juicy rebounds for Gadj to gobble up

In short, I don't see him continuing on his PPG pace, but even 1/2 that would be highly acceotable

On 8/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, HockeyHarry said:

Fine in the AHL. 

I think he's a 4th liner as well but it wouldn't surprise me ro see him on the PP

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Good read. I luv too hear about his work ethic. Im officially rooting for Big Gadj now. 

its great hearing Big Gadj working his azz off to be NHLer. Its amazing that theres players like Jake V that are super lazy and expect to be NHLers. If Big Gadj could skate like Jake OMG he’d be awesome.

Go Big Gadjovich Go 

bc Sasquatchs go by the name Gadjovichs

BE04361B-AB10-4E60-ABE5-B57FC99756A5.gif

FD3BE38E-4AA1-41DD-9D36-A5A53F69B28C.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Googlie said:

Those 15 goals came off 60 shots for a 25% conversion rate.  Doubtful he can continue that this season, either in Vancouver or Abbotsford.  Having said that, though, many came from his net front presence, tip-ins and banging in rebounds.   One empty net goal.  So if he co continues his Holmstrom impersonation, he'll do all right

4 were powerplay tallies, and it is doubtful he'll get a look there in the big club.  And, ofc, he really took off when Rathbone arrived, with his slapper delivering such juicy rebounds for Gadj to gobble up

In short, I don't see him continuing on his PPG pace, but even 1/2 that would be highly acceotable

Nobody is saying he’s going to be a 50 goal scorer.  His job would be to park himself in front of the net and create space for Petey.  To be honest tho, I think Green has a better option with McEwen. Gadjovich admittedly would be a reach.  Still think it’s worth exploring tho.  

Edited by Pure961089

On 8/15/2021 at 2:05 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Seeing that Gadjovich is waivers eligible this year and Lockwood isn't makes it look pretty certain that Lockwood will start the season in Abbotsford, unless he really outplays Gads in preseason (or we have a long-term forward injury).

there is 0% chance of gadjovich being claimed on waivers, it's not even a consideration.

Just now, tas said:

there is 0% chance of gadjovich being claimed on waivers, it's not even a consideration.

I would hope you’re right, but we now have a very deep forward group.  Gads is 22, and could definitely play minutes on a much weaker team, don’t you think?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would hope you’re right, but we now have a very deep forward group.  Gads is 22, and could definitely play minutes on a much weaker team, don’t you think?  

no, I don't think. he's a c or d level prospect that can't skate well enough for the nhl. every team in the league has their own players in the same boat to worry about. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

no, I don't think. he's a c or d level prospect that can't skate well enough for the nhl. every team in the league has their own players in the same boat to worry about. 

Seriously tough guy, who can score.  He’s not some little water bug, soft skilled AHL scoring machine.  There are lots of those guys.  But Gads combines size, toughness, mean, and a scoring touch.  I think he gets claimed.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seriously tough guy, who can score.  He’s not some little water bug, soft skilled AHL scoring machine.  There are lots of those guys.  But Gads combines size, toughness, mean, and a scoring touch.  I think he gets claimed.  

he wasn't good enough for a second shift. there will be boatloads of actual nhl players on waivers. 

Edited by tas