The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

23 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Could see him becoming a top six player in the future, Virtanen could learn a lot from him...

Reminds me quite a bit about Bert and Lucic.  Jake's speed is very good but Jonah seems to play at a speed that gets him some good tip in chances by the net.  Jake just comes in hot with that blazing speed.

Edited by Rush17

Just watched yesterday’s game and again really focussed on Gadjovich. I don’t remember when I last saw a junior go to the net as much as he has at this tourney.  He lives there!  There have been a number of goals scored that he doesn’t get a point for, but he has been a major factor on the goal by screening the goalie.  This guy REALLY screens making it so hard for the goalie to track or even see the shot.

We don’t have anyone on our team that screens the way this guy does.  Early stages I know, but I think he will be a huge force for us, maybe sooner than we think, especially in the playoffs.  What a great late 2nd pick!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Stormriders said:

Just watched yesterday’s game and again really focussed on Gadjovich. I don’t remember when I last saw a junior go to the net as much as he has at this tourney.  He lives there!  There have been a number of goals scored that he doesn’t get a point for, but he has been a major factor on the goal by screening the goalie.  This guy REALLY screens making it so hard for the goalie to track or even see the shot.

We don’t have anyone on our team that screens the way this guy does.  Early stages I know, but I think he will be a huge force for us, maybe sooner than we think, especially in the playoffs.  What a great late 2nd pick!

He's pretty darn good with the board battles too

5 hours ago, cyoung said:

Love his game but he needs better foot speed. 

If you lack speed you just gotta be smart. Gaunce is a good example of not being quick but being in the right places when he needs to be. Of course because of this he doesn't get many offensive chances cause's too afraid to be caught out of position. Doesn't have the speed to recover. It would be pretty good for him to be a bit quicker. He will be a good PP net presence at the very least, but without the speed he'll likely be average 5 on 5. Otherwise he'll just be another Gaunce, with a bit more of a physical edge/meanness. 

On 2017-12-29 at 12:07 PM, TheHitman said:

Could see him becoming a top six player in the future, Virtanen could learn a lot from him...

Top 6 one day, maybe.  

But him and Virt are nothing alike other than both being larger dudes. 

Virt uses size and speed to make plays off the rush.  

Gads skating is amateur compared to Virt. 

Gads is a get in front and cause havok kinda guy.   

2 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Top 6 one day, maybe.  

But him and Virt are nothing alike other than both being larger dudes. 

Virt uses size and speed to make plays off the rush.  

Gads skating is amateur compared to Virt. 

Gads is a get in front and cause havok kinda guy.   

True.  But I think he means Jake is too perimeter and Gads beats a path straight to the net.  

Gads could use some of Jake's speed too though.

7 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

True.  But I think he means Jake is too perimeter and Gads beats a path straight to the net.  

Gads could use some of Jake's speed too though.

Too perimeter? 

Sure he starts on the outside, but he is starting to take it in front, and hard.  

Jakes speed allows him to take the outside and pass the dman, leaving an easier lane to the front of the net. 

Jake has a very rare set of tools, and it's going to be amazing to watch when he figures it all out. 

19 hours ago, Stormriders said:

@2:39 Weisbrod starts explaining to Benning why Jonah is their guy. Big thanks to the scouting staff for making him a Canucks player. He is going to make life miserable for defensemen and opposing goalies for years. Additional thanks to Torts for being a stark raving lunatic and really giving the management no choice but to fire him and the Columbus Blue Jackets for being forced to give us their 2nd rounder.

A safe work environment is exactly what this team is going to need with all of the young guys we're going to have coming up in the next few years and even though he's just a kid himself, he looks and plays like he's 10 years older.

He reminds me of 'the demolition man' Tomas Holmstrom  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W--KJFL_Y38

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Too perimeter? 

Sure he starts on the outside, but he is starting to take it in front, and hard.  

Jakes speed allows him to take the outside and pass the dman, leaving an easier lane to the front of the net. 

Jake has a very rare set of tools, and it's going to be amazing to watch when he figures it all out. 

Yes.  But he needs to learn to go to the net better without the puck too.  And watch Gadjovich without the puck.  That will be part of Jake figuring it out.  And yes I agree he is already one of my favourite players with his speed and strength and now his all around positional game.