The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Jason Demers to the Canucks?

Florida is still looking at options for Jason Demers, and, apparently, Vancouver is a possibility. But I’m not sure he can go there without waiving his no-trade.

Several teams have reached out to the centreman, as should be expected.

Sources say one of those was the Vancouver Canucks, but (Joe) Thornton isn’t believed to be interested in joining them. New coach Travis Green was a linemate of Thornton’s back in his Boston Bruins days.

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not sure how Thornton ties in to this.

But man I could see a run on Sharts or in Demers' case former Sharts to Edmonton.

Demers/Thornton/Marleau 

All for Kariya/Selanne type money when they tried to win a cup in Colorado on year to year ocntracts

Heard the Demers talk too.  The guys were mentioning Gudbranson going back, or even Tanev.  I could see us getting Demers as a replacement for Tanev, because Tanev is getting traded elsewhere.  What would we give up to get this guy though?  Rights to Tryamkin?

Thornton here :lol: no thanks. 

There seems to be a number of rumours of us looking for RHD.... I wonder if a Tanev deal is in place pending us picking up another veteran? Demers, Stone or heck even Galardi Girardi would be just fine for a year. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Thornton here :lol: no thanks. 

There seems to be a number of rumours of us looking for RHD.... I wonder if a Tanev deal is in place pending us picking up another veteran? Demers, Stone or heck even Galardi would be just fine for a year. 

Ya, the air waves are hot with rumors about us getting Demers.  Does Florida have any young forwards we would want back if Tanev went for Demers +?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Ya, the air waves are hot with rumors about us getting Demers.  Does Florida have any young forwards we would want back if Tanev went for Demers +?  

hmmm.... forwards..... can't think of one.....

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard the Demers talk too.  The guys were mentioning Gudbranson going back, or even Tanev.  I could see us getting Demers as a replacement for Tanev, because Tanev is getting traded elsewhere.  What would we give up to get this guy though?  Rights to Tryamkin?

Keep dreaming.  Tryamkin's rights are worth next to nothing. 

8 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:
Florida is still looking at options for Jason Demers, and, apparently, Vancouver is a possibility. But I’m not sure he can go there without waiving his no-trade.

FWIW, he has a similar 8 team list clause as Tanev.

Just now, J.R. said:

Tail end of his prime actually. He's 29.

You'd consider 29 the end of the prime for a defenseman? I've always considered a defenseman's prime to be about 28 or 29 up til 31 or 32.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

You'd consider 29 the end of the prime for a defenseman? I've always considered a defenseman's prime to be about 28 or 29 up til 31 or 32.

Maybe ten years ago. Now it's around 24-32'ish for all but a few lucky ones.

I wonder if the Canucks are just stirring the pot here and trying to whip up a trade frenzy around Tanev again? 

Jim might be trying to cook something along the lines of Demers + FLA 2018 1st rounder for Gudbranson and our 2018 2nd. FLA gets a guy back they want again and some cap space, we move up in picks. 

Archived