The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Gagner likely to sign with Vancouver

Nail

This is terrific, creates competition for the remaining RW spots.  Virtanen, Doresett, Goldie, and Boeser are going to have to work to get in.  Between Del Zotto and Gagner, our PP is starting to look bolstered, especially with bringing back Brown

Just now, J.R. said:

Goldobin.

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson/Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Rodin, Gagner, Boeser/Eriksson

IMO, Baer gets traded at the TDL.

Benning said Goldie was NHL ready when we acquired him though. Would rather see Goldie than Rodin in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Goldobin.

Baer, Horvat, Eriksson/Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Gaunce, Sutter, Dorsett

Rodin, Gagner, Boeser/Eriksson

IMO, Baer gets traded at the TDL.

Baer, Horvat, Boeser / Goldobin

Sedin, Sedin, Gagner

Eriksson, Sutter, Goldobin / Virtanen

Gaunce, Granlund, Rodin

Baer stays put.. What I do see is a clear need for LW's..

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

I'd hold off on that speculation. We don't even know the term. What if its 3-5 years??

If we sign UFAs like Gagne to term (like we did with Loui last year) then we are no longer rebuilding.

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Benning said Goldie was NHL ready when we acquired him though. Would rather see Goldie than Rodin in all honesty.

benning must have trades lined up  i see a fit for rodin and goldobin this yr  might mean  baertchi is getting traded  

these players may be gone by end of tonight  one of edler or tanev, sutter, baertchi, hutton.

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

benning must have trades lined up  i see a fit for rodin and goldobin this yr  might mean  baertchi is getting traded  

these players may be gone by end of tonight  one of edler or tanev, sutter, baertchi, hutton.

Waiting to hear that Benning is in on Duchene.

With the rumors of Gagner, Yakupov, Burmistrov and Del Zotto coming to Vancouver, I see them definitely wanting to ease prospects into the line-up (Petersson, Dahlen, Virtanen up front, Juolevi, Subban, etc on the back end), while still attempting to improve the PP.

From what I know, Del Zotto sucks on the PP, but is tremendous in transition 5v5. As long as he uses his skating and speed, he's an effective defenceman. We don't have many better choices so he will get a chance to help our PP out anyways if he can. Gagner on the other hand, is brutal 5v5 but great on the PP, which should help a team like ours. The rest are reclamation projects, low risk, high reward.

Baertchi-Horvat-Boeser

Sedin-Sedin-Granlund

Eriksson-Sutter-Goldobin

Rodin-Gagner-Yakupov

Gaunce, Burmistrov, Dorsett

Edler-Stetcher

Hutton-Tanev

Del Zotto-Gudbranson

Biega

PP1:

Gagner-Horvat-Boeser

Baertchi-Stetcher

PP2:

Sedin-Sedin-Yakupov

Eriksson-Del Zotto

13 minutes ago, Type R said:

Baer, Horvat, Boeser / Goldobin

Sedin, Sedin, Gagner

Eriksson, Sutter, Goldobin / Virtanen

Gaunce, Granlund, Rodin

Baer stays put.. What I do see is a clear need for LW's..

Virtanen should move to LW IMO. Not sure why they haven't tried him there yet considering he seems to score most of his goals from that side. 

Archived