The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Georgy Massey Bridge Project Cancelled

kingofsurrey

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

With all due respect pal I grew up in an orchard.  I've a solid understanding of what it takes.

But then you're ignoring everythign else I've written and you and Stromees consistency in ignoring facts over rhetoric is starting to make you look foolish

You don't seem to realize that the so called "facts" you think support your case, actually don't.  Like for instance, the wheat board was a monopoly that needed to be dismantled, so that was a good thing.  

You think said a business is a business but if a cow is calving at 2am, but your employee is on their mandatory day off, do you just tell the cow to wait 24hrs? Hey in the photography business it might be ok to wait till the next day but not when an animals health is on the line you can't afford to. If we don't get to decide or claim that business X is different than business Y then why does the NDP get to exclude hutterites? Seems a bit contradictory.  

And no these tax loop holes don't only affect the wealthy,  try doing some more research and seeing what would happen to a farmer selling there family farm to a their kid.  

http://business.financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/farmers-furious-over-ottawa-tax-changes-but-too-busy-harvesting-crops-to-mount-a-fight

You make very strong opinions on things you simply read about. But that would be like me acting like I know more than you on cameras and photography.  I didn't just grow up in this industry, i live this industry, so stop trying to tell me that I don't get effected when I see the effects first hand.  

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

And no these tax loop holes don't only affect the wealthy,  try doing some more research and seeing what would happen to a farmer selling there family farm to a their kid.  

Paying taxes sucks.....    

16 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Whats funny is how the Progressive Conservative party drove Alberta into the ground .  Well not really funny... actually quite sad.

My relatives in Alberta are all so happy to see the NDP take power there and provide some better economic leadership in that province.

So much Oil revenue wasted by the Alberta  Con Party. 

Great to see the Alberta NDP rebuilding that province. 

The PCs didn't "drive the province into the ground", they did ok. There is no golden goose to kill, unless oil is $100 a barrel. Most of Alberta's oil asset is marginal. Putting people to work by getting it out of the ground should be, and I believe has been, the main priority.

@kingofsurrey is the correct viewpoint for most of the posters here. No need for bridges...start peddling.  Live what you preach.

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

The carbon tax hits farmers the hardest,  the tried to offset this by excluding farm fuel but that’s only half the battle.  There’s not a huge increase in other inputs like fertilizers, then on top of that farmer have increased cost on business coming in and going out,  Fertilizer suppliers charge more to offset there cost and then on the other side trucking companies charge more to ship.  Farmers get the short end of the stick and low income farms can’t simply cover these cost. 

thank you for this.  I have family in Alberta that have had this directly impact them in a devastating manner.   It is almost like the Alberta NDP have no clue about rural conditions/contributors to society.   I am guessing in BC rural voters are not overwhelmingly happy about NDP either.

11 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

You don't seem to realize that the so called "facts" you think support your case, actually don't.  Like for instance, the wheat board was a monopoly that needed to be dismantled, so that was a good thing.  

You think said a business is a business but if a cow is calving at 2am, but your employee is on their mandatory day off, do you just tell the cow to wait 24hrs? Hey in the photography business it might be ok to wait till the next day but not when an animals health is on the line you can't afford to. If we don't get to decide or claim that business X is different than business Y then why does the NDP get to exclude hutterites? Seems a bit contradictory.  

http://business.financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/farmers-furious-over-ottawa-tax-changes-but-too-busy-harvesting-crops-to-mount-a-fight

You make very strong opinions on things you simply read about. But that would be like me acting like I know more than you on cameras and photography.  I didn't just grow up in this industry, i live this industry, so stop trying to tell me that I don't get effected when I see the effects first hand.  

We're speaking of Notley's tax changes.  You're speaking of Tax issues that haven't even happened yet

Hit me up when our conversations intersect.

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

10 lane yes.  But it's not the size of the bridge in questionbut more the ability to process that amount of traffic on the other side all without a transit lane or anything for rail/sky train.

The bridge could be 100 lanes wide but without the capacity to process the volume of traffic it's just going to end up in gridlock

Pretty sure the 10 lane bridge included HOV/Bus lanes (and a dedicated central transit hub at Steveston area) as well as accommodation for future skytrain. Not sure where you're getting that ^^^ from.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:38 PM, Darius71 said:

Does anybody else use the friggen tunnel?  

Hopefully you left early again today, it was a prime example of why it needs replacing. Absolute gong show of gridlock. I nearly got side swiped this morning from a clearly frustrated and impatient driver leading in to the tunnel thanks to this crossing some feel 'doesn't need replacing'. 

Try telling that to us folks risking our damn lives driving through there every @#$%'ing day! :angry:

24 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hopefully you left early again today, it was a prime example of why it needs replacing. Absolute gong show of gridlock. I nearly got side swiped this morning from a clearly frustrated and impatient driver leading in to the tunnel thanks to this crossing some feel 'doesn't need replacing'. 

Try telling that to us folks risking our damn lives driving through there every @#$%'ing day! :angry:

Luckily i get to work from home today.  ill be retired before the bozos figure out what to do with that tunnel. Yesterday i went through there extra early coz i know early september traffic is always the worst.

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Luckily i get to work from home today.  ill be retired before the bozos figure out what to do with that tunnel. Yesterday i went through there extra early coz i know early september traffic is always the worst.

Gotta love back-to-school time :( 

21 hours ago, J.R. said:

So magic happens on the North Shore with Two Bridges and a Seabus? Guess what one bridge has an accident it's gridlock. I lived in Richmond for 28 years. I have also seen all the seismic upgrades, and yet somehow the tunnel is unsafe? The real reason is the Port of Vancouver wants coal ships up the Fraser. But isn't that what the Deltaport is for? The whole lower mainland is messed up transit and infrastructure wise, with poor choices, and short cuts. 

Canada Line, is already at capacity at rush hour, and they are still building more condos and high rises in the Cambie corridor. When they worked on highway 99 in Delta they didn't make any improvements, they've just made it worse. Now it's faster to get to the log jam at the tunnel. Accidents are happening because no one has patience in long line ups. 

The sad part is we are all going to suffer and pay for this because decades of stupid planning. Now it's going to be worse and more expensive.

We are probably eventually going to need a highway/subway/light rail system underneath Vancouver. And more than likely a tunnel beneath Stanley Park to connect to highway 99 to the North Shore. Because there is going to be no way to knock buildings down in Vancouver to make room for a highway downtown. 

BC, and especially the Lower Mainland, has some of the worst, most moronic attempts at infrastructure I've ever witnessed in North America.

While Washington rush hour traffic is an absolute nightmare, the overall design of the roadways in the state are well planned out, with future growth in mind. It would seem that some of the guiding principles for the Ministry of Transportation are absolute stupidity and short-sightedness.

The lack of a healthy highway system (that nearly every other metropolitan area in the Western world has) in Vancouver truly goes to show how ass backwards this area is, and how those who have held any position in the Ministry were useless and pathetically under qualified.  

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

BC, and especially the Lower Mainland, has some of the worst, most moronic attempts at infrastructure I've ever witnessed in North America.

While Washington rush hour traffic is an absolute nightmare, the overall design of the roadways in the state are well planned out, with future growth in mind. It would seem that some of the guiding principles for the Ministry of Transportation are absolute stupidity and short-sightedness.

The lack of a healthy highway system (that nearly every other metropolitan area in the Western world has) in Vancouver truly goes to show how ass backwards this area is, and how those who have held any position in the Ministry were useless and pathetically under qualified.  

lol 

Archived