The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

On 1/18/2018 at 2:51 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Nope just reality. Once a season is over players are on the first flight out of the city. Most vets throw in the towel a month before the season is over. The only players trying are the fringe ones that are trying to have a good impression to make the team the next year. You think a player that has been playing through an injury is going to want to give his all for something he has no control over. The players don’t even know who the team is scouting or if they will keep/trade the pick. Players don’t get paid for extra games so there is zero incentive for them to care. 

If your boss asked you to stay and work overtime without pay for the good of the company you’d tell him to jump in the lake. It would be less competitive than the all star game. 

Wow you do not believe in the players at all.

That's a very mercenary take on team loyalty. But then I know you'd be wrong on players like Horvat and Smyl and Dorsett.

On 19/01/2018 at 11:27 AM, aGENT said:

That's only a concern if we trade anything for him. Signing him as a UFA for zero assets, the only thing it costs, is Francesco's $.

In that scenario, even getting a 2nd round pick for him (which would be an unlikely/low return) is more assets than we would have had had we not signed him.

Given his history/rep, trends in the league etc I doubt he gets a long term or big $$ deal from anyone personally.

There's two reasons I wouldn't sign him. He'll be looking for money and term, likely with an NTC or limited NTC at the very least. The NTC making it very difficult to move him if he's a problem. The fact he's from here, and would obviously have good friends here, increases the odds of him being a problem child again.

So unless he's willing to sign at a reasonable price, on a 4 year deal maximum with no NTC involved, I wouldn't touch him. I doubt he would though. There will be teams desperate enough for his offence to give him the money and term. And I think he's all about the money.

• Upvote 2

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 7:38 PM, messier's_elbow said:

Funny how a lot of fans wanted JB gone 2 years ago and now most want him

to stay. 

My personal thoughts on this are that the Canucks have hired professional posters to post pro Lindenning posts. Only idiots would fail to see how incapable this

management team has been.

12 hours ago, pomorick said:

My personal thoughts on this are that the Canucks have hired professional posters to post pro Lindenning posts. Only idiots would fail to see how incapable this

management team has been.

Or only a schmuck would believe that the Canucks would hire people to "professionally" post on an online hockey forum.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Or only a schmuck would believe that the Canucks would hire people to "professionally" post on an online hockey forum.

No, no. Clearly anyone with a differing opinion that on balance management has done a mostly good job, is clearly a paid shill of team's.

11 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Canucks founded 1970, 12 years later 1982 Stanley Cup Finals loss, 12 years later 1994 Stanley Cup Finals loss, 17 years later 2011 Stanley Cup Finals loss. First two were 12 years apart so I guess it's now 17 years apart, so I guess the next Stanley Cup Finals will be in 2028 we have a long ways to go....

50th anniversary is coming up  ::D

• Cheers 1