The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Absolutely, is prefer Biega as well, but I probably would have put him on waivers just to buy some tinker time.  In the end, it probably won't amount to much if he gets claimed, but if the injury trend continues this season it gets a lot more weight.  Nonetheless, I'm very happy about this deal

I think another factor might be that the Canucks have more wealth of left handed D at the AHL level as well - and in the form of prospects.

McEneny is a lefty - as is Brisebois - (and of course Juolevi) - although my personal longshot choice for this year was and is a righty - Chatfield, who really stood out imo.

I like Wiercioch though - he was very solid defensively in the preseason - hope he clears and this becomes a moot point.

Low price, high potential reward... and a chance for the elusive PPQB we need.  

Baer and Granny are two of our best players... and If Kassian can turn it around anyone can.

Admittedly I'm a homer who likes these "reclamation" deals... so I'm biased. Still, can't see how hfboards can be so cynical and negative without even seeing what Pouliot can do under Green with a fresh start.  We have a ton of TDL vets to dump and recoup the silly 4th round pick... may as well welcome the new face. 

5 minutes ago, Ruxin'sVinegarStrokes said:

Why do I feel Brian Burke brought this term to the NHL.

If we're to believe the term is stolen from the French "de corps", which translates to the English word "body", then it becomes clear Burke has nothing at all to do with it. It refers to morale, and the importance of morale predates Brian Burke by a long shot.

1 hour ago, combover said:

I don't know what DP "ceiling" is NOW, hes been a disappointment as an 8th overall pick.

i hope the kids turns it around. 

given what he showed in the WHL and AHL, and what Green did with Baer there's reason to be optimistic. Thats worth a 4th given the potential, and a 7/8 guy. 

Canucks JB loves picking up off the scrap heap...

This off season  now 5  guys from the wrecking yard.....  All former first rounders...   Gagner ( 6th ) Burmistov ( 8)  DelZotto ( 20 ) and Poullit ( 8)   and Vanek (  5 )

Why would JB throw in a  4th rd pick for  Pouilot who was about to go on waivers.....  JB loves wasting picks his deals and does it again..

JB just got the 2017 version of Puilliot   not the 2012 version......     He was so far off the Penquins roster he had a hard time even getting near the rink...

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

This off season  now 5  guys from the wrecking yard.....  All former first rounders...   Gagner ( 6th ) Burmistov ( 8)  DelZotto ( 20 ) and Poullit ( 8)   and Vanek (  5 )

Why would JB throw in a  4th rd pick for  Pouilot who was about to go on waivers.....  JB loves wasting picks his deals and does it again..

JB just got the 2017 version of Puilliot   not the 2012 version......     He was so far off the Penquins roster he had a hard time even getting near the rink...

Because it’s a 4th round pick....

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

The 4th round pick was the price for pouliot, pedan was a throw in.

1 hour ago, Dogcrazy said:

Why can't we even keep on legit enforcer on our team, while other strong teams in the division have even 2 or 3 legit tough guys in their lineup (ie. Oilers, Flames, Ducks, Kings, Blue etc)??

Gudbranson is tougher than Pedan imo.  Gudbranson may be a nice guy and all, but when it gets down to it, I personally would not want to be the guy on the receiving end when he boils over.

Gudbranson has handled some serious heavyweights - and gotten the better of them more often than not.

26 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

leave it to surrey to give combover a run for his money lol.

I remember when Baertschi was a bust and waste of a 2nd - and  Granlund was a 4th line center at best, who Benning got fleeced in acquiring for Shinkaruk.  You have to pay - to risk the odd Linden Vey - to get the payoff.   In the end we can evaluate whether Benning batted better than the draft positions he's given up.

But for now, here's king of the east side going on about wasting a 4th round pick.   Surprise.  Thanks for the googlescout shade.

42 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Because Pedan and a 4th would have gotten you the 2012 8th pick in the draft I guess?

1 hour ago, Dogcrazy said:

So the GM of other teams in the division are all silly in having at least one legit tough guy on their teams?  

How many other teams in the division outside of LA (who outside of Nolan never really had an enforcer on their team) have won the cup in the last 10 years?  Now how many cup winners in the last 6 years outside of Boston won with an enforcer?

The answer is none.  They won with tough guys who shut up put their heads down finished their checks and played good hockey while getting their opponents off of their game.

The last 2 years saw a Pens team win without a single tough guy on their team.  Chicago as well.  Thats 5 of the last 8 cup winners without a single tough guy.

Kinda overrated at this point

Archived