The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, FijianCanuck said:

Don't know what's worse around here... The homers after a win or the haters after a loss? 

Neither.  I like to be realistic on this team outlook after 20-25 games, not first 5 games.   With that mark, we will know how good this team is after playing with different teams and where they stand after that mark.   Of course, we'd love to see a strong start but even a good team had a poor start so after 20 or even 25 games, that's about 1/4 of the season and long ways to go. 

31 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Boeser now leads the team in points 

And new CDC whipping boy is 1 point behind in 2nd place and caused another goal to go with his 3 points with a screen. Yet I'm still going to see people bitch about Vanek even though he's been our 2nd best player "sigh".

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

And new CDC whipping boy is 1 point behind in 2nd place and caused another goal to go with his 3 points with a screen. Yet I'm still going to see people bitch about Vanek even though he's been our 2nd best player "sigh".

Vanek looks like he doesn't give a single sh*t about the game, but ends up scoring anyways. It's an interesting style, but it works!

Hank and Danny Ice time cut  - CHECK

SVEN  on PP1   -  CHECK

Virt given reasonable ice time  -  CHECK

Played the backup Goalie Nilson -  Check

Virt and Boes  both in the lineup  -  Check 

We get a win.   

I hope Coach Green is paying attention and realizes how this team can win moving forward.

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yup, finally Coach Green has been reading my posts and agreed to put Sven on PP1

No problem Travis , call on my cell if you want some help on the PK .  Don't call me after 9 PM though as i am mixed bowling league most week nights. 

We will let you be an assistant 

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

I might leave the NHL for good if the Oil miss the playoffs and win the lottery. 

They have nothing after McDavid even if they do tank, they must pay other players and teams could fleece the OIlers by signing Dahlin to an offer sheet after his first ELC expire.  They are tied 20 million dollars on just two players and that's an awful outlook.on their cap situation for their depth.  You need depth to go anywhere.    If Dahlin is what he as advertised,  the Oilers will not be able to afford a third high salary tied to the cap after 3rd season of ELC due to RFA offer sheet.   His agent will take a chance of free agent period after his first ELC rather than sign him early for less money.  

Just now, coolboarder said:

They have nothing after McDavid even if they do tank, they must pay other players and teams could fleece the OIlers by signing Dahlin to an offer sheet after his first ELC expire.  They are tied 20 million dollars on just two players and that's an awful outlook.on their cap situation for their depth.  You need depth to go anywhere.    If Dahlin is what he as advertised,  the Oilers will not be able to afford a third high salary tied to the cap after 3rd season of ELC due to RFA offer sheet.   His agent will take a chance of free agent period after his first ELC rather than sign him early for less money.  

You're right, they'll be more of a future financial mess than they look to be now. It's the principle though, and I would find it an aggravating coincidence. I doubt I'd stop watching, that would be an over-reaction, but somehow it would all be Messier's fault. 

15 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Don't know what's worse around here... The homers after a win or the haters after a loss? 

Whats worse?

Someone who comes into a PGT to complain about the posters.

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Vanek looks like he doesn't give a single sh*t about the game, but ends up scoring anyways. It's an interesting style, but it works!

Kinda reminds me of Mikael Samuelsson when he was lined up with Kesler and Raymond. had attitude on and off the ice but got the job done.

Gagner- Horvat - Vanek maybe can get the same magic going. You have your smaller winger that can make some plays happen for the stronger line mates, the power center that drives hard through the middle, and the shooting winger that can get the puck on net from any angle.

Hope Greener keeps these guys together for a game or 2 to see what they can do.

17 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah and others look good, but don't finish. I know which one I'd rather have as a coach. A goal is a goal, a point is a point, doesn't matter how it's gotten or the play of a player beforehand. If they can score and be defensively responsible they are a valuable asset to the team. Many here still need to learn this while they go off about how amazing Boeser is, but Vanek is right on his tail in points and instead of praise is getting constant criticism from the same people.

2 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Kinda reminds me of Mikael Samuelsson when he was lined up with Kesler and Raymond. had attitude on and off the ice but got the job done.

Gagner- Horvat - Vanek maybe can get the same magic going. You have your smaller winger that can make some plays happen for the stronger line mates, the power center that drives hard through the middle, and the shooting winger that can get the puck on net from any angle.

Hope Greener keeps these guys together for a game or 2 to see what they can do.

That line weighs 637 lbs., not sure I remember the last time we had a line with that much beef.

Sam Gagner

Center -- shoots R
Born Aug 10 1989 -- London, ONT 
[28 yrs. ago] 
Height 5.11 -- Weight 200 [180 cm/91 kg]

Bo Horvat

Center -- shoots L
Born Apr 5 1995 -- London, ONT 
[22 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.00 -- Weight 223 [183 cm/101 kg]

Thomas Vanek

Left Wing -- shoots R