The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

Can you start to see the correlation between the Sedin's ice time, the team winning, the young guys ice time?

Oiler game, now the Sens game...both games the Canucks win.

JV's hit on Oduya was solid....he needs to keep that up and use his strengths to his advantage, which are skating, hitting and shooting.

Sitting back as the 3rd man high takes away his intensity...he needs to be the first man in to use his skating and hitting ability.

Sitting back being the 3rd man high is responsible but he becomes invisible.

A much better game that the Canucks played on the season-opening road game.  First game on the road of the season result in a shutout.  I believe its their 6th first game of the season on the road game at the Eastern Conference city rather than the usual divisional or conference games (1976, 1986, 1998 , 2000, 2011, 2017)..   It's very rare that they opened the road schedule against Eastern Conference teams.   I didn't count Boston, New York Rangers and Detroit because they were in same division or same conference that time.   Only once California was in different conference but they opened the road schedule there so I didn't count there considering their same tine zone so if you count them, it's 7th time with opposite conference overall.  

Now, I'm really happy for Boeser having a great night with Burmistrov.  They are looking like a first liner when they are passing and having chemistry that leading to the goal.   That's a talented line there and I hope that they are kept together until their next slump.  We might have found a first liner to stick together for a while and hopefully that other prospects that has a talent looking like first liner and we might have 2 first line in near future on this team consists of Patterson, Goldobin, and Dahlin.  Who knows and hopefully that they do not have the Canucks jinxes in them and changed our course of the history sooner than later.  

Anders Nilsson clearly signed here because he thought he'd have a chance at being the #1 goalie for the Canucks. After tonight's performance, oh boy, Marky is gonna have to deliver because Nilsson looked like a man on a mission. Nilsson wants to be a #1 and he may very well become the #1 here if he continues to play the way he did tonight in future games.

I also really like the Three B line of Baertschi - Burm - Boeser. There may be something there. Worth seeing if they can keep up the chemistry in future games.

Liked Vanek's goal -- still not sold on him as a Canuck. Though, good on him for getting his 700th career point tonight.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Im just not a fan of Eriksson. I really wish he wasnt on this team. For 36mill the guy is useless. I could care less if he does all the little things right at the end of the day he was brought here to pop 20-30 goals. And we would be lucky to get 15.

It’s a good argument there’s a thread for it

Archived