The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Flems, Nov 7th, 6 pm, SNP

Beary Sweet

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Which may unfortunately see Jake in Utica unless there is an injury.  Jake needed to play that energy game.

Sutters line BTW, is getting lots of minutes. If Jake was ready to take on key defensive matchups?

He would make a nice selection to play with Sutter and Dorsett.  It is a debate? Granlund does lend that line some puck & passing skills. Which has helped some of the scoring Dorsett managed. But, honestly, and stating again, we cannot and shouldn't be putting lines together so he can score.  And putting Granlund back with the Twins can help rejuvenate them???

As Jake may not be ready for that; key defensive match ups, I think Utica is not a bad decision. It means we can bring Gaunce off his conditioning stint into defensive situations, Which I believe Green will trust him with.  

I suppose this discussion should be in Gaunce and Jake threads though... :wub: 

4 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Cant wait to see George Canyon sing the anthem at the Stenchdome.  I hear that Dirk Wrangler will be playing the Banjo...

Toss Canyon-Gorge deep into the abyss like he's a balrog.

Oh, & poor old Benny the Hutt likely got(privately) the Alec Baldwin speech..." Get mad, you sunnofa'b*ch! Coffee's fer closers!"

1 hour ago, redhdlois said:

I don't understand why they wouldn't just stay overnight in Vanc, get a good night's sleep in their own beds, and fly out in the morning instead of flying last night, already tired and arriving after 2am ??  Makes no sense to me.

Teams don’t like to fly on game day.  Even short flights. There was a game a couple years ago when the Canucks had to fly to Calgary on game day because of a storm out here.  They stunk. 

I don't understand why they wouldn't just stay overnight in Vanc, get a good night's sleep in their own beds, and fly out in the morning instead of flying last night, already tired and arriving after 2am ??  Makes no sense to me.

I see what you're saying... and I kinda see your point... But they aren't flying like me and you... and they're staying at a five star hotel and don't have to pick up the phone come 9am for work... 

It's really not that bad flying on a private jet, staying at a 5 star hotel with all your meals prepared and all your equipment professionally laundered. 

Must be nice...

I'm not certain, but I think there are league regulations about flying on game day.

Archived