The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oh yes, and we know who those folks are.  They will likewise soon advocate (and already have) that Gaudette, Dahlen, and Pettersson all start in Utica next year as well... while we run with the likes of Gagner and Burmistrov, maybe re-sign the Sedins for good measure.

But don’t you see? Scoring over a ppg in the NHL could ruin a player’s development!!!!!!!!

Im surprised Bure is not on this list, he finished with 60 points in 65 games in his first year, I remember him having a slowish start in his rookie year...any of you old farts remember...

brock2.jpg

EDIT: ok I found the monthly splits from Pavel's first season in his first 24 games he had 12 points.  After that he was over a point per game it seems.  Lets see if Brock can keep up from here on in (yeah I know its a different era , but fun to keep track of nevertheless)

pavel bure.JPG

You call this a room?
This is a pigsty!
I want you to straighten up this area now!
You are a disgusting slob!
Stand up straight! Tuck in that shirt!
Adjust that belt buckle, tie those shoes!
Twisted Sister?
What is that?
Wipe that smile off you're face!
Do you understand!?!
What is that?
A Twisted Sister pin!?!
On your uniform!?!
What kind of a man are you?
You're worthless and weak!
You do nothing, You are nothing, You sit in here all day and play that sick, repulsive, electric twanger!
I carried an M-16 and you, You carry that, that, that, guitar!
Who are you!?!
Where do you come from!?!
Are you listening to me!?!

What do you want to do with you're life!?!

I Wanna Brock!!!!

Brock Boeser is undoubtedly the best pure goal scorer this team has ever seen not named Pavel Bure.  I'd put him top 3 in his draft year only because the other two were McJesus and Eichel.  Other than those two Brock is above everyone else.  Remember Benning had this guy in his top 10.  He couldn't believe how far he fell and ran to the podium when he was still available.  You could hear Benning at the table before the pick saying he couldn't believe Boeser was still there.

He is gonna be a beauty.  Definitely a 40 goal scorer and I think he will be a 50 goal scorer and has a shot at winning the Rocket Richard trophy in his career.  If Petterrsson develops into a 1C that could be a lethal combination really, the likes of which we haven't seen ever really.  Bure never had a true 1C to play with other than that first year with Larionov.  Morrison was really a 2C.  And although Henrik was a 1C in his prime Daniel was never really dangerous as a pure goal scorer as Brock is today.

Boeser is a lock for the Calder this year I think.  We finally have ourselves a pure top line goal scorer, a Brett Hull or Mike Bossy in the making really.

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Im surprised Bure is not on this list, he finished with 60 points in 65 games in his first year, I remember him having a slowish start in his rookie year...any of you old farts remember...

brock2.jpg

I'm a really old fart so I'm not sure my memory is too good but I think Pavel got hurt relatively early in the season, missed a few games and then still wasn't quite right when he came back. Or was that that Don Cherry when was a Canuck? I dunno, I can't remember.........

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

You call this a room?
This is a pigsty!
I want you to straighten up this area now!
You are a disgusting slob!
Stand up straight! Tuck in that shirt!
Adjust that belt buckle, tie those shoes!
Twisted Sister?
What is that?
Wipe that smile off you're face!
Do you understand!?!
What is that?
A Twisted Sister pin!?!
On your uniform!?!
What kind of a man are you?
You're worthless and weak!
You do nothing, You are nothing, You sit in here all day and play that sick, repulsive, electric twanger!
I carried an M-16 and you, You carry that, that, that, guitar!
Who are you!?!
Where do you come from!?!
Are you listening to me!?!

What do you want to do with you're life!?!

I Wanna Brock!!!!

Back in the day when MTV, the flying Vs, girls, and booze was all we needed. Some things don't change too much.. 

Archived