The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

-Vintage Canuck-

47 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

i thought he scored one already?, when he grabbed it mid air threw it too his stick and scored or was that pre-season?

That was pre-season but that was a beauty.  He got hurt after just starting in 4th game on his first or second shift of the Calgary game by Glass.  

31 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I personally think he's more along the lines of  Danny Heatley in his prime or a (and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this) Mike Bossy. Pure goal scorers. It's going to be real fun to watch him grow into his prime years.

WCE 2.0? Nah, that line depended a lot on having a large net front presence from Bertuzzi. Both quality lines but different styles.

He reminds me of Bossy....

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Gaunce leads the team with 6 SOG in 15min.  Not only because Green knows and trusts him, but because he DOES have offensive upside and WILL put up points, despite so many that think he has none in him.  He will end up a solid third-liner, possible middle-sixer, and key situations player on the PK and like tonight, in the last minute protecting a lead.  Good size, speed, hockey IQ, and leadership skills.  Very glad he wasn't taken in the expansion draft.

But that moustache....

1 hour ago, richado said:

Feels great to finally be that team with a star rookie that every other team and their fans wish they could have. Boeser looks even better than what we once considered wishful thinking. Benning 420 noscope slamdunked that draft pick.

Is this a real sentence in the english language????  Google translator gave me nothing when I put it in......

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Not gonna lie, pissed at coach for not putting Boeser out for the final minute. 

Team game.  This isn’t golf.  Boeser is a team guy and likely happy Loui got an empty netter on the right end of the rink than his own hattie.

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

Brock Boeser is undoubtedly the best pure goal scorer this team has ever seen not named Pavel Bure.  I'd put him top 3 in his draft year only because the other two were McJesus and Eichel.  Other than those two Brock is above everyone else.  Remember Benning had this guy in his top 10.  He couldn't believe how far he fell and ran to the podium when he was still available.  You could hear Benning at the table before the pick saying he couldn't believe Boeser was still there.

He is gonna be a beauty.  Definitely a 40 goal scorer and I think he will be a 50 goal scorer and has a shot at winning the Rocket Richard trophy in his career.  If Petterrsson develops into a 1C that could be a lethal combination really, the likes of which we haven't seen ever really.  Bure never had a true 1C to play with other than that first year with Larionov.  Morrison was really a 2C.  And although Henrik was a 1C in his prime Daniel was never really dangerous as a pure goal scorer as Brock is today.

Boeser is a lock for the Calder this year I think.  We finally have ourselves a pure top line goal scorer, a Brett Hull or Mike Bossy in the making really.

And right now Petterson, having just turned 19, is leading the SEL in scoring and the Swedish media are calling him the second coming of Forsberg.......   The kid's highlight reel so far this year is a mix of great goals and passing

Besides the fact SNnow sucks soooo bad at replaying games.. (I had to reload and find my spot 4 times on top of regular glitching, kept freezing up.. Arrrrg) at least I got to watch it all. Watched the first and the start of the second at work.

Anyways, 

Great road game. Even the usual whipping boys played really well.

Way to go nux! 

SNnow is brutal for replay. For such a huge and rich company, they sure found a really annoying thing to totally suck ass at. You'd think they had like a really big harddrive that can handle these things. Jackasses

Archived