The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Brock Boeser is undoubtedly the best pure goal scorer this team has ever seen not named Pavel Bure.  I'd put him top 3 in his draft year only because the other two were McJesus and Eichel.  Other than those two Brock is above everyone else.  Remember Benning had this guy in his top 10.  He couldn't believe how far he fell and ran to the podium when he was still available.  You could hear Benning at the table before the pick saying he couldn't believe Boeser was still there.

He is gonna be a beauty.  Definitely a 40 goal scorer and I think he will be a 50 goal scorer and has a shot at winning the Rocket Richard trophy in his career.  If Petterrsson develops into a 1C that could be a lethal combination really, the likes of which we haven't seen ever really.  Bure never had a true 1C to play with other than that first year with Larionov.  Morrison was really a 2C.  And although Henrik was a 1C in his prime Daniel was never really dangerous as a pure goal scorer as Brock is today.

Boeser is a lock for the Calder this year I think.  We finally have ourselves a pure top line goal scorer, a Brett Hull or Mike Bossy in the making really.

Brock is going to be good, but at this point Naslund is definitely the best pure goal scorer after Bure. Hard to argue against 3 consecutive 40 goal seasons. And of course this shot:

6 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I'm a really old fart so I'm not sure my memory is too good but I think Pavel got hurt relatively early in the season, missed a few games and then still wasn't quite right when he came back. Or was that that Don Cherry when was a Canuck? I dunno, I can't remember.........

He missed the first month...anyhow, I found the stats Rick...Pavel had a relatively slow start 12 points in his first 24 games, then he took off...here is the stats table (note the number of shots he took every month, I always thought that if pavel had Mogilny's accuracy he would have got like 75 goals)

pavel bure.JPG

10 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Brock Boeser is undoubtedly the best pure goal scorer this team has ever seen not named Pavel Bure.  I'd put him top 3 in his draft year only because the other two were McJesus and Eichel.  Other than those two Brock is above everyone else.  Remember Benning had this guy in his top 10.  He couldn't believe how far he fell and ran to the podium when he was still available.  You could hear Benning at the table before the pick saying he couldn't believe Boeser was still there.

He is gonna be a beauty.  Definitely a 40 goal scorer and I think he will be a 50 goal scorer and has a shot at winning the Rocket Richard trophy in his career.  If Petterrsson develops into a 1C that could be a lethal combination really, the likes of which we haven't seen ever really.  Bure never had a true 1C to play with other than that first year with Larionov.  Morrison was really a 2C.  And although Henrik was a 1C in his prime Daniel was never really dangerous as a pure goal scorer as Brock is today.

Boeser is a lock for the Calder this year I think.  We finally have ourselves a pure top line goal scorer, a Brett Hull or Mike Bossy in the making really.

Geez, don't let Apricot see this.

49 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

Normally I'd agree, but it's more important to get some of the other guys rolling.  Our secondary scoring has been seriously lacking.

I was actually hoping for a Gaunce, Gags, Loui deployment.

Yeah great, Loui scored on an open net for his first of the season... he's magically going to turn into a player worth 6 million dollars a season 

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Yeah great, Loui scored on an open net for his first of the season... he's magically going to turn into a player worth 6 million dollars a season 

Nobody is disputing it's a crappy contract, but he's been playing pretty well lately. At this point I'll take all the silver linings I can get when it comes to Loui. Besides, if he continues to play well, it ups the chances that we'll be able to unload him onto a desperate team at a trade deadline somewhere down the line.

14 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Brock is going to be good, but at this point Naslund is definitely the best pure goal scorer after Bure. Hard to argue against 3 consecutive 40 goal seasons. And of course this shot:

Tony Tanti wasn't too shabby.

1982–83 Vancouver Canucks NHL 39 8 8 16 16 4 0 1 1 0
1983–84 Vancouver Canucks NHL 79 45 41 86 50 4 1 2 3 0
1984–85 Vancouver Canucks NHL 68 39 20 59 45
1985–86 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 39 20 59 45 3 0 1 1 11
1986–87 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 41 38 79 84
1987–88 Vancouver Canucks NHL 73 40 37 77 90
1988–89 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 24 25 49 69 7 0 5 5 4
1989–90 Vancouver Canucks NHL 41 14 18 32 50

regards,  G.

43 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

as much as it would have been exciting to have Brock get the hat trick - I bet the kid is just happy with the win

I agree but one shift at least with a two goal lead for the hat trick would not have been too risky.

Archived