The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GMJB interview: on Dorsett, Goldobin, team softness. 30/11/17.

ftmN

-Derek had appointment Monday, told JB diagnosis Tuesday night. Will talk with agent at a later point about staying within canucks organization. Derek will require no more surgery, the doctors were worried about paralysis/permanent damage. 
-Not worried about softness of team with how the game has changed. Will look at archi if team softness becomes a concern.
-Talks about lineup, goldys opportunity. 
-Guddy week away. 
-Will sit down in December and talk about his gm contract. 
-Derek on LTIR for cap reasons, will make move if it will help the team. 
-Team is playing the right way, needs to keep going for wins, injuries not helping.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/benning-goldobin-gets-chance-to-show-skill-with-boeser-and-horvat-1.931090

There is also reaction videos from Green & team mates on the Dorsett situation for all of those you have not seen them: 

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Whoops posted in wrong thread haha.

Makes you wonder now if there is renewed interest to bring in Evander Kane with Dorsett gone

Benning definitely sounded interested in making a trade. Personally Id rather try to sign Kane in the offseason but if a trade is what needed to acquire him then I hope its not too much. Personally Id like Benning to make a trade that gets us a very good defensive prospect, preferably RD. But of course you have to give up good to get good.

5 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Benning definitely sounded interested in making a trade. Personally Id rather try to sign Kane in the offseason but if a trade is what needed to acquire him then I hope its not too much. Personally Id like Benning to make a trade that gets us a very good defensive prospect, preferably RD. But of course you have to give up good to get good.

DD seems the polar opposite of Kane. Honest, hard working, never questioned his work ethic. All the players seemed to like him. 

Yes Kane has skill, but it's off the ice that's worrying. Maybe if he's grown up a lot in Buffalo. But I'd rather go after Tavares. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

DD seems the polar opposite of Kane. Honest, hard working, never questioned his work ethic. All the players seemed to like him. 

Yes Kane has skill, but it's off the ice that's worrying. Maybe if he's grown up a lot in Buffalo. But I'd rather go after Tavares. 

haha who wouldm't want to go after Tavares! Tavares will want to go to a contender where as we are just getting to that stage. Kane is the guy that could supply very good fast insurance for the next 5+ years. A line of kane+pettersson+Boeser and Baer+Bo+ Goldy could be a very good top 6 for the future. Kane is a big tough and fast local boy, sure he's had some problems in the past but who doesn't in there early 20s? I know I have. People mature, and popular people often get a lot more focus then the average person. Honestly Id love to get Kane through a trade or free agency. Derek Dorsett should change none of the plans of our future just due to our past.

Anyone else think that JB shouldn't do interviews? Sometimes I feel like I need a Masters in English to understand him... He sems to struggle with articulating his thoughts/ jumbles words. Just get Linden and Green to handle press, they're much better spoken and actually easy to understand.

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

All I'm saying is JB needs to do his homework if we try to sign a guy like Kane. They need to interview him, and see where his mind is. 

Tons of skill is useless if the guy is going to be a cancer in the room, and cause issues like the track suit thing in Winnipeg. 

UFA Kane sure. Trade for Kane NO. 

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I hope not, we will have Petersson and possibly Dahlen in the lineup next season. We all know that Benning has problems with FA signings and might give too much to Kane. I'd rather we sign Tavares than Kane if Benning ever decided to sign an FA next year.

Any trade that does not involves with Kane is fine but let's wait until UFA to see who is available.  If we are a bubble team approaching TDL then I would still prefer to have him until summer UFA.  Kane is the last person I want to see within our organization considering the behavioural history.  If he matures faster and is willing to work hard and change his ways, then I'd more than happy to have him.  He is more of a risk than a reward if his behavioral issues and lack of work ethics will sidetrack the team character building goals and undo the work the Sedin has influenced the group with their examples on and off the ice.  

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Whoops posted in wrong thread haha.

Makes you wonder now if there is renewed interest to bring in Evander Kane with Dorsett gone

Replace Dorsett by Evander Kane? That doesn't sound quite right.

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Buffalo and Vancouver are both sort of rebuilding with younguns taking over.

Kane won't come cheap. Buffalo will want key, young pieces in return.

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha who wouldm't want to go after Tavares! Tavares will want to go to a contender where as we are just getting to that stage. Kane is the guy that could supply very good fast insurance for the next 5+ years. A line of kane+pettersson+Boeser and Baer+Bo+ Goldy could be a very good top 6 for the future. Kane is a big tough and fast local boy, sure he's had some problems in the past but who doesn't in there early 20s? I know I have. People mature, and popular people often get a lot more focus then the average person. Honestly Id love to get Kane through a trade or free agency. Derek Dorsett should change none of the plans of our future just due to our past.

I'm just wondering, did Kane matured this year or did he just realize he's a pending UFA and if he wants to secure his future, his needed to buckle down this year and get serious.  Once he signs that 40+M$ long-term deal, will he take the pedal of the gas again?

if kane really is more mature and wants to prove that cuz he wants to play for vancouver

i think he should be prepared to sign a 2 year deal

i'd be comfortable with that

if he really has turned the corner .. he will be just a valuable as a free agent in 2 years

perhaps even more valuable

i would not commit term to kane presently or this summer

9 hours ago, mbal23 said:

Anyone else think that JB shouldn't do interviews? Sometimes I feel like I need a Masters in English to understand him... He sems to struggle with articulating his thoughts/ jumbles words. Just get Linden and Green to handle press, they're much better spoken and actually easy to understand.

you prefer Mike Gillis's lawyer talk?

8 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

We all know that Benning has problems with FA signings and might give too much to Kane. 

I still have faith Ericsson will come good in the shorter term. Vanek has been a good edition. MDZ looks good and SG looks like he can play up and down the line up too. Stetcher was a good find too. 

always thought a good two way player included contributing on the score board?

Gaunce is not a good two way player because of his lack of production on the score board. He is on a checking line, but to be considered a good two way player would include putting points on the score board. He is more one dimensional than a good two way player...he needs to start producing and keep on checking to be a good two way player...

Archived