The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

How much of a ding will ticket sales take in Vancouver for the years that the team is doing poorly now that Seattle has it's own team?  About %10-%15 of the Sabres sales come from Southern Ontario depending on how well they are doing in any given season.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

One crappy thing is that with the expansion in 2021 rather than 2020, means that we now have to protect Pettersson and Juolevi now.  Would've been nice to have them exempt, allowing us to keep some other pieces key to our rebuild.   Also exposes some guys now like Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Petrus Palmu as all of these guys would've played their third season in the either the NHL, AHL, or ECHL and need protection now.  And assuming Hughes plays in april, it counts as one season so now by the time the expansion in Summer of 2021 occurs, he would've played 3 seasons as well.   We were lucky to go relatively unscathed last expansion draft, but this one will take a bite out of us.

Horvat

Pettersson

Boeser

Virtanen

Dahlen

Gaudette

Lind?/Gadjovich?

Hughes

Juolevi

Hutton?/Stecher?

Demko

Gudbranson and Goldobin won't be Canucks in 2 years..? or do you see the Canucks leaving them unprotected?

46 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Gudbranson and Goldobin won't be Canucks in 2 years..? or do you see the Canucks leaving them unprotected?

Yeah Gudbranson's contract would just be expiring the summer of 2021, and likely one of several guys left exposed.

As for Goldy, who knows, not really sure what to make of him whether he will even be here in next few years.

42 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

If Goldobin is still with the team by then, he will likely have upped his game a bit and will likely be worthy of a protected spot over Lind and Gadjovich. I would protect Gudbranson over Stecher, but I'm not sure about Hutton as it depends on his progression. I do think we should maybe trade Hutton at some point sooner than later while his value is still high though with Hughes and Juolevi coming up soon. If Gudbranson is available, I think they take him. With all this said, the lesson learned from last expansion is that it's not really worth giving up assets to protect your players. Just let them take the one player, whoever it may be and as much as it'll hurt, but they can only punish you once. At the end of the day, you should have protected your very top guys anyway and they get one of your quality depth who may or may not excel in a new role on a new team.

I'm curious if Tryamkin makes a return, would he need to be protected as I would for sure if he does.