The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks listening to offers for Hutton

11 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Bidding war  :P

Hutton's value certainly isn't sky high but as a young (albeit struggling) D whose proved he can play at this level, he certainly does hold some value. I'd still prefer to package him with something else to increase the return but it will be interesting to see what he returns if he does indeed get moved.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Arizona? Maybe an ideal piece for Domi ;)

I would have liked Duclair for Hutton too. 

I was thinking maybe Chicago but then we have to take salary back.... Toronto as an upgrade of Dermott? 

There's no point trading Ben unless the return is solid... he's really good friends with Bo Gauncer and Brock too... or at least I think they are based on his instagram. 

IF he can fetch you a 2nd + 3rd... then maybe? Anything less though wouldn't be worth it IMO

13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

image.png.d1329071ed5f3a6dc2472d9422c8c6c6.png

The Leaf equivalent of Raymond, Ballard, and a 1st... with a Sauve thrown in!

:lol:

Colorad - one point out of a playoff spot and a game in hand - are going to deal a pmd in his prime (26 yrs old) with 29 pts in 37 games.....

For a 24 yr old who can't make the Laffs roster - a decent prospect in Johnsson who is 22, in the AHL and putting up impressive Gaunce levels of AHL production (Johnsson has 37 pts in 41 - while Gaunce had 38 in 46 as a 21 yr old)...in other words, he's showing signs he could cut it as an NHLer but completely unproven to this point.  Carrick is a tweener 6th/7 th man on an average blueline and a mid 1st.

Why would Colorado take volume of B assets for their #2 D - a RHpmd - in his prime - with years of term left lol?.

The Canucks could prepare an offer of Reid Boucher, Goldobin, Biega and a mid range 1st all they want......but would be advised not to publicize that offer lol - that is if they don't want to get flamed for good reason.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Colorad - one point out of a playoff spot and a game in hand - are going to deal a pmd in his prime (26 yrs old) with 29 pts in 37 games.....

For a 24 yr old who can't make the Laffs roster - a decent prospect in Johnsson who is 22, in the AHL and putting up impressive Gaunce levels of AHL production (Johnsson has 37 pts in 41 - while Gaunce had 38 in 46 as a 21 yr old)...in other words, he's showing signs he could cut it as an NHLer but completely unproven to this point.  Carrick is a tweener 6th/7 th man on an average blueline and a mid 1st.

Why would Colorado take volume of B assets for their #2 D - a RHpmd - in his prime - with years of term left lol?.

The Canucks could prepare an offer of Reid Boucher, Goldobin, Biega and a mid range 1st all they want......but would be advised not to publicize that offer lol - that is if they don't want to get flamed for good reason.

Yet you ask that guy what Carrick is worth and he will demand a 1st and say Carrick is so good

Send out Hutton with Vanek and a prospect (Goldy/Boucher) to a contender that will take them. Look for a grade A D prospect and a late 1st, sell high JB. Take a cap dump from said team if need be

Examples:

Vegas for Grabovski, Brannstrom and a 1st

Toronto for Lupul, (prospect) 1st, don't know Leafs best D prospect

Colorado for 1st and Connor Timmins

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Packaged is the only option unless your picking another has been , underachiever etc.   we have to many and need upgrades so badly

Maybe packaged with Virts 

I doubt we're moving Virt any time soon. But Hutton packaged with say Vanek could be intriguing to a contender.

4 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

is that worth a late round first?    I have no idea the value of players on a bottom feeder team. It cant be good though

Vanek's probably worth a 3rd +/- on his own. Hutton...maybe a 2nd. A late 1st might be a bit od a stretch, we might have to add a bit but it's probably in the ball park.

I'd imagine we'd probably be looking for a prospect though.

Archived