The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks listening to offers for Hutton

5 minutes ago, Monty said:

Pulock has his flaws, most notably his defensive play. I really like the kid, and the Isles have invested highly in his development over the past 4 years. Right now, New York isn’t quite sure what they have in Pulock, aside from a offensively minded player.

That said, that offer won’t hold interest to them. But I’m wrong pretty often, so don’t listen to me.

Lol. But I bet Guds has tweaked their interest.

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i'm not going to

you are a moving target i see

you clearly said 0 - 2 years in your post

now you are amending that to 1 -2

next you'll say 1 - 3 or whatever you realize is more realistic

i'm done

Wrong post you quoted FYI.

I'm not amending anything. Your reading comprehension is lacking.

there are a good number of highly rated D who could be ready closer to a 0-2 year time frame (Dahlin especially, should we be so lucky).

Dahlin could be ready in 0-1 years after the draft. IMO Dobson and Wilde are likely 1-2 years out. That's 3 D that fall in my originally stated time frame of likely/possible readiness. IMO, that's a 'good number of D likely ready in 0-2 years' that we'll have a good shot at drafting,

The rest of the D in the top 10'ish might take a bit longer as they're less physically mature but some of whom are also EXTREMELY talented and could surprise earlier. I'd wager Boqvist and Hughes likely fall in to that category.

7 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Would you trade our 2nd round pick for a 24 year old defenseman that's now on his 2nd straight bad year and struggling to crack the lineup?

Yea, I thought I was being a bit greedy too, but until this year, he was producing ok. The potential for him to do that again on a better defense has to be worth a little extra.

9 hours ago, rekker said:

This is so true. While I would welcome a good return for Hutton. I would rather keep him of teams are just throwing low ball offers. I don't think Hutton is a finished product. 

I just answered another post saying I thought I was being a little greedy.

I think a second for Hutton would be a great return. There's no way Hutton gets a first. 

4 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

I just answered another post saying I thought I was being a little greedy.

I think a second for Hutton would be a great return. There's no way Hutton gets a first. 

Stalled prospects (Hutton, being a d, could be considered to have upside still) seem to get a second, or that’s what JB gives for them, right?

Benning was asked about those rumours by Botchford.  His quote: “It wasn’t true. We haven’t had any (trade) calls on Hutton, ” Benning said. “No one has called about Hutton.”

From the Provies:

There as some buzz this week when it was suggested the Canucks are currently shopping Ben Hutton.

Jim Benning stepped up for The Provies and strongly quashed it.

“It wasn’t true. We haven’t had any (trade) calls on Hutton, ” Benning said. “No one has called about Hutton.”

There was a story making the round Hutton’s agent called the Canucks after the rumours spread was told not to worry about it, Hutton is part of the future core.

Now, that may have been an element of the conversation, but what Hutton’s camp wanted was some clarification on what the Dman needs to do to stay in the lineup.

My sense?

Hutton is part of the future. For now.

I don’t believe Canucks want to trade him, or are in position to trade any 24-year-old blueliners with upside.

Do I think it could change?

I do.

But it would have to be a really appealing offer.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Benning was asked about those rumours by Botchford.  His quote: “It wasn’t true. We haven’t had any (trade) calls on Hutton, ” Benning said. “No one has called about Hutton.”

From the Provies:

Benning just talked about calls....didn't say anything about emails. :bigblush:

2 hours ago, mll said:

From the Provies:

It's probably a bad sign of his value if he really isn't getting any calls even inquiring about Hutton.

35 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's probably a bad sign of his value if he really isn't getting any calls even inquiring about Hutton.

Really though - why would any GM be inquiring?  It's like us inquiring about an underperforming player on another team.  The only reason any GM would be calling Benning is that they realize he is underperforming, and perhaps they can scoop him up for virtually nothing.

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Really though - why would any GM be inquiring?  It's like us inquiring about an underperforming player on another team.  The only reason any GM would be calling Benning is that they realize he is underperforming, and perhaps they can scoop him up for virtually nothing.

So true. 

And people believe this.lol.Just another mistake drive the price down some more while your at it.

Decades of League wide,always used,simple answer “yes we are getting calls on a lot of players and we are listening but nothing is immanent, I WOULDN’T be doing my job if I wasnt trying to find ways to make this team better now and in the future.” But instead JB better devalue him  by saying there’s nobody calling no interest. Brilliant.

if your going to lie at least make it so others think there’s multiple party interested and have more than one offer.

Youd think the guy would have those lines down pat after how horrendous HIS team has been since he’s been here. 

So people believe that an  ok nhl dman thats still young and a plays on a terrible team  that has size and skill isn’t getting interest from the vultures circling the once again near dead carcus of what is the Canucks.huh........ yet Sbisa seems to be doing just fine elsewhere. 

i sure hope benning doesn’t tell some of you to jump of a cliff. If JB said it it must be so.......

1 minute ago, combover said:

And people believe this.lol.Just another mistake drive the price down some more while your at it.

Decades of League wide,always used,simple answer “yes we are getting calls on a lot of players and we are listening but nothing is immanent, I WOULDN’T be doing my job if I wasnt trying to find ways to make this team better now and in the future.” But instead JB better devalue him some more by saying there’s nobody calling no interest. Brilliant.

if your going to lie at least make it so others think there’s multiple party interested and have more than one offer.

Youd think the guy would have those lines down pat after how horrendous the team has been since he’s been here. 

So people believe that an  ok nhl dman thats still young and a healthy sratch that has size and skill isn’t getting interest from the vultures circling the once again near dead carcus of what is the Canucks.huh........ yet Sbisa seems to be doing just fine elsewhere. 

i sure hope benning doesn’t tell some of you to jump of a cliff. If JB said it it must be so.......

Wake n bake?

Archived