The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Kane a major part of the problem in Buffalo?

Mozymozy

Sabres’ Justin Falk loses it on teammate Evander Kane at practice

...“Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],” Buffalo defenceman Justin Falk screamed at Evander Kane before shoving the Sabres’ star winger during a Wednesday practice...

Do you guys feel Kane is still worth Persuing as a UFA this summer in light of this latest altercation with Falk? I realize there are two sides to every story but this seems to be a recurring theme with Kane in both Winnipeg & Buffalo. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Mozymozy said:

Sabres’ Justin Falk loses it on teammate Evander Kane at practice

...“Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],” Buffalo defenceman Justin Falk screamed at Evander Kane before shoving the Sabres’ star winger during a Wednesday practice...

Do you guys feel Kane is still worth Persuing as a UFA this summer in light of this last altercation with Falk? I realize there are two sides to every story but this seems to be a recurring theme with Kane in both Winnipeg & Buffalo. Thoughts?

I hadn’t heard about that Sabre’s practice dust-up.  If guys a calling out Kane for being selfish, I think we should stay clear.  He’s got the physical skills we certainly need in our top six forwards, but he’s got a screw loose or something.

"It was just stir the moment," Falk added to WKBW. "Emotions are running high this time of year, where we're at. Personally, everyone's got a different situation they're in. Heat of the moment, it boiled over. To be honest maybe a little bit more of stuff like that is what we need (to) get things going here. Get guys playing with a bit more passion and a bit more urgency to help right the ship here."

Source: https://www.tsn.ca/report-falk-calls-out-kane-at-sabres-practice-1.964209

I think this means not much. Shouldn't be a deal breaker. 

also here's another tidbit

"It’s good to see some emotion,” Sabres head coach Phil Housley said of the dust-up.

Read the actual article and watch clips of both players shrugging it off and calling it part of the game.

The "selfish"  word choice is the only thing that could be interpreted as something against Kane's character, but we have no idea what exactly happened and what Falk meant by it, so I won't be reading into it much. 

The video I watched of Kane seems like he's matured quite a lot. I'd sign him in a heartbeat for the right price in the off season. We need players like him. 

No.  Kane is one of the major reasons that they aren't even worse than they are.  Watch some Sabres games and tell me if you think that Kane is a contributing factor to that dumpster fire.  Keep in mind that unlike in the past, they actually aren't trying to tank this time around.  They are just that bad.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

No.  Kane is one of the major reasons that they aren't even worse than they are.  Watch some Sabres games and tell me if you think that Kane is a contributing factor to that dumpster fire.  Keep in mind that unlike in the past, they actually aren't trying to tank this time around.  They are just that bad.

hey if this turns other teams off like Vegas from offering him a contract in the offseason yay Canucks. As far as "selfish" goes he's in a contract year on a crap team, yah he's going to maybe do some things to pad his numbers. Big deal. 

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hey if this turns other teams off like Vegas from offering him a contract in the offseason yay Canucks. As far as "selfish" goes he's in a contract year on a crap team, yah he's going to maybe do some things to pad his numbers. Big deal. 

If I Kane, I'd do the same.  Most players do during contract years.  There's millions of dollars at stake. 

It's also in the Sabres' best interest that Kane puts up huge numbers.  The better he plays, the more he's worth on the open market.  Falk may find himself back in Rochester soon if he can't "play the game".

24 minutes ago, combover said:

Yup. But only as a ufa I wouldn’t trade for him and if not avaible then oh well.

The guy provides offence something this team has one of. 

I wouldn’t give him a ntc nmc of any kind if he doesn’t like it too bad.move on.

A modified NTC with a 10-12 team list would be fair for the Canucks to offer him over the summer.  Enough teams to get good trade value for the Canucks with enough teams for Kane to winnow out the ones he'd rather not play for.

Someone will offer that to him.  The only thing I'd be concerned about is the term.  Nothing more than 4 years.  That covers the rest of his prime.

Never been a big fan of Kane, but I wouldn't read too heavily into this. A losing team with a frustrated player. If it was Kane lashing out, that'd be a bit different. Still, it doesn't improve his appearance very much. I'm still pretty wary on him.

45 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

We'd have to throw in a lot more for them to take on one of the worst contracts in the league.

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Contract vs. attitude...which is better? ;)

The idea for Botterill's first year as GM is to make the team better.  Not take on even more dead weight than it already has. :lol:

Archived