The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

wateves  i doubt he has any conspirators  looks lone wolf to me  should have shot him anyway one less nutjob walking around is good 

He might not have conspirators, but if he is an extremist he will likely have friends who share his views.

The best thing we can do is listen to him and learn his motivations and see what the government and we as a society can do to not inadvertently assist in radicalizing more people like him.

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

wateves  i doubt he has any conspirators  looks lone wolf to me  should have shot him anyway one less nutjob walking around is good 

With all due respect "whatevs" is not a very cogent argument.

Your doubts are not good enough to justify interfering with an investigation that may save many lives.

I agree less nut jobs walking around is a good thing. What if this guy has 3 nut job buddies just like him? Wouldn't it be nice to know that and stop them before they do nut job things?

CBC News has confirmed that Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old Richmond Hill, Ont., man, is the alleged driver in the attack. His LinkedIn profile identifies him as a student at Seneca College. Government officials briefed on the investigation so far say the suspect is not associated with any organized terrorist group and he does not represent a larger threat to national security.

Christian Armenian name and ancestry apparently.  Now to watch people state that somehow someway it's not a terrorist issue or an attack by a christian because he's not practicing or some such tripe

19 minutes ago, taxi said:

Now I'm hearing reports that the perpetrator was part of some "involuntary celibate" group and this was an Elliott Rodger type scenario. 

I'm "hearing reports" this he's actually a long lost knight of the round table and he got scared cause he thought he saw Arthur. I heard it somewhere! 

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

CBC News has confirmed that Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old Richmond Hill, Ont., man, is the alleged driver in the attack. His LinkedIn profile identifies him as a student at Seneca College. Government officials briefed on the investigation so far say the suspect is not associated with any organized terrorist group and he does not represent a larger threat to national security.

Christian Armenian name and ancestry apparently.  Now to watch people state that somehow someway it's not a terrorist issue or an attack by a christian because he's not practicing or some such tripe

IMG_2539.GIF

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How could anyone say it isn't terrorism when he drove a vehicle into people on a sidewalk?   If he intended to do that, what the hell difference does it make what religion he has?    It is terrorism.../story.

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

You should change your username to IAMRIGHTABOUTEVERYTHING. 

Believe it or not, just because its your personal opinion and analysis, doesn't make it right. Every single one of your posts I see, it's the same kind of know it all vibe. 

:lol:

Says the guy who chooses to place people on their ignore list rather than debate said personal opinions or analyses. Perhaps it's just because you talk a wee bit too much nonsense.

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

some loser that wanted to suicide by police? what a waste. 

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

How could anyone say it isn't terrorism when he drove a vehicle into people on a sidewalk?   If he intended to do that, what the hell difference does it make what religion he has?    It is terrorism.../story.

I think it depends on how one defines the word. As per the most prevalent definition terrorism only refers to acts of violence committed to further political aims. A guy like Paddock isn't considered to be a terrorist under this definition which I disagree with. In any case I advocate that people use the word as they see fit rather than stick with the "official" definition. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Uh....what?

Do gnomes not have intelligence at all?

COMMENTS were being made, not news casting of any kind.  COMMENTS from people who  made the same predominantly right wing characteristic statements after tattacks like this.

Reading is important, dissemination of said reading is even more so

Lol, evidently I mistook the context of the live feed you were watching. I read that as you were watching news coverage feed online or something, and were commenting on that. Made a bit of an assumption on my part.

I've been worked up the last few days due to mindless left wing SJW BS that sometimes my brain doesn't context switch quickly enough and I type before I think!

The extreme right will very often weaponize identity politics, but the extreme left uses it as their entire view of the world at large which shapes their very belief structures like some sort of cultist ideological proclivity is at work.

That's neither here nor there, this is in fact a tragedy and anyone affected should be respected without question.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Are you not at all interested in finding out why he did this? Or if he's part of a group with whatever axe to grind? Perhaps finding out if there's others laying in wait?

The cowboy shoot em all stuff might make you feel good but in reality it's pretty dumb.

No one thinks about the PTSD the poor cop would be dealing with either...

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

sorry im not a bleeding heart liberal    its obvious why he did it terrorism and mental illness   he injured and killed people wont bring them back, should lose his right to breathe. 

See above....nothing about bleeding heart liberal...just common &^@#ing sense. 

3 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Lol, evidently I mistook the context of the live feed you were watching. I read that as you were watching news coverage feed online or something, and were commenting on that. Made a bit of an assumption on my part.

I've been worked up the last few days due to mindless left wing SJW BS that sometimes my brain doesn't context switch quickly enough and I type before I think!

The extreme right will very often weaponize identity politics, but the extreme left uses it as their entire view of the world at large which shapes their very belief structures like some sort of cultist ideological proclivity is at work.

That's neither here nor there, this is in fact a tragedy and anyone affected should be respected without question.

Sorry then sir, please accept my apologies.  The news pushes a specific bias without question depending on what you watch.  But by and large I was pleased with the initial coverage and almost shocked by the vitriol and open bigotry in the comments in the live feed

Left/Right extreme is extreme

Archived