The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) CBJ shopping Panarin

53 minutes ago, mll said:

Based on Hextall's comments Philadelphia is more likely trying to get 7th from the Canucks than trading for Tanev.   He's trying to move in the top-10 by using 14th and 19th.

The Flyers would have to add to 14 and 19 to move up to 7.  The player at 7 has a really good chance to become a star.  The players at 14 and 19 might never even play.  We need elite talent, not mediocre guys, who might not even play.  

5 minutes ago, aliboy said:

We would have to have a deal in place with him to make that trade, otherwise we could lose him in a year after giving up a lot. With what we have coming, we are already going to have quite a bit of firepower up front, not that we shouldn't want that kind of player but it would be a tricky deal to make.

Panarin - Horvat - Boeser would be dynamite. I think what that line could do would be worth the cost. 

20 minutes ago, Monty said:

Deadmonton?

Assuming Panarin wants and gets $8+ mil in his next contract, I don't think they could extend him, unless they wanted to tie up $28 million into 3 players (McDavid, Drai, Panarin).

Gotta think he won't come cheap so the team trading for him gotta hope they can extend him as well.

I really don't think they'll get many high offers for him, so if they really want to move him they'll have to take a hit to get ride of him. GM's around the NHL I'm sure are willing to wait him out for this year and go after him as a UFA, unless Columbus takes one of the low ball offers to just take something I guess better then nothing, but it will all depend on where they're at in the standings come trade deadline next year I think.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

.... I kind of did this as a joke but apparently half the fans so far seem to like the idea lol

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 26 year old PPG players usually cost more than a Top 10 pick. Kind of a mute poll question since it's unrealistic.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

What about something like this?

Tanev to Philly for #14

then

Baertschi, Gaudette, Tryamkin’s rights, 14 for Panarin? Is that anywhere near the ballpark?

Tanev + Baertschi + Gaudette + Tryamkin for Panarin.

Panarin, who was just traded straight up for Brandon Saad.  And why this throwing "Tryamkin's rights" into proposals?  For one they're not worth much if anything in trade, and second he's almost certain to return and thus worth far more to us.

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Flyers would have to add to 14 and 19 to move up to 7.  The player at 7 has a really good chance to become a star.  The players at 14 and 19 might never even play.  We need elite talent, not mediocre guys, who might not even play.  

Sanheim, 14th and 19th for our 7th, thats the kind of deal it would take. Even then I don't know that I'd want to give up on this years 7 spot, its as good as many years 3-4. 

37 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I would not at all be surprised to see him go back to Chicago

Could he even go back to Russia?  I wonder if he would get paid huge dollars there, after proving he was a star over here?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Could he even go back to Russia?  I wonder if he would get paid huge dollars there, after proving he was a star over here?  

The Russian ruble is falling in terms of market price. It's why Radulov came over. He would make way more in the NHL. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Sanheim, 14th and 19th for our 7th, thats the kind of deal it would take. Even then I don't know that I'd want to give up on this years 7 spot, its as good as many years 3-4. 

7 and Tanev for Sanheim, 14, 19 then the package you proposed for Panarin? That could work. 

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

.... I kind of did this as a joke but apparently half the fans so far seem to like the idea lol

It just doesn't make sense for me. The only way I can see it happening is if Benning really dislikes one of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes or Dobson and the other three are gone at #7. Even then, we'd still be trading away a pick that could be Tkachuk, Wahlstrum or Zadina. Would losing one of them be worth gaining Panarin when he could potentially leave at the end of the year? 

44 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I would not at all be surprised to see him go back to Chicago

He might want to play with his ex-linemate Dadonov in Florida.  Sounds like he wants to go to free agency.   Canucks are better off using their trade assets for longer term solutions rather than to get just one year of Panarin.  

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

7 and Tanev for Sanheim, 14, 19 then the package you proposed for Panarin? That could work. 

One of their beat writers is suggesting 7th for 14th + Aube-Kubel.  See the PHI-VAN thread in the GM section.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 26 year old PPG players usually cost more than a Top 10 pick. Kind of a mute poll question since it's unrealistic.

Yeah, I suggested including Tryamkin's to with it eariler. I don't a lot of us supporting that here.  There would need to be an add for sure. The poll question doesn't specify a 1 for 1 or add. Its more general question of philosophy.  CBJ would be bananas to trade him but if he's unhappy. We have salary space. My concern would be his pay and that bottle necking us in a few years.

Archived