The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

I am so happy with this kid. I might have to buy NHL 19 now just to use him LOL.  He is open to coming to Vancouver next year. That would be bananas. :D  We could cut some bottom 6 D depth if we did.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

You also have to remember that another, similar player is also in the pipeline - Rathbone.  If Rathbone turns out to be a player (and he is very promising right now) there could be a logjam of small players on the blue line - particularly is Pouliot sticks. Rathbone, Pouliot, Stetcher, and Hughes would make for a very small defence.  At least two of them will be redundant.

Agreed absolutely.  But we needed scoring talent on the blueline and we got it.  We also dont know how Rathbone will pan out and its not like you pair guy like with with Stecher.

As someone else suggested... Hopefully we can pair him with Tryamkin and his size becomes almost insignificant.

I'm excited about the prospect of having such a talent on the blueline.  We so badly needed it. His size will improve and we will surround him with the right players.  

Glad for the pick, but man Zadina would have been something else as well...

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Some speculation that he could turn pro right away - Great! Now, it begs the question, who makes the roster first: Juolevi or Hughes?

If he's ready, sign him ASAP.  Could you imagine if he walked a la Justin Schultz???

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

@4:40 The kid is a LH RD. My #1 pick slides to 7. I couldn't be happier with this draft.

I freeking loved the analysis of the whole right vs. left. I have a feeling it won't matter on account of him just being everywhere.

• Upvote 1