The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Hey guys who do you think will be the better hockey player? Rasmus Dahlin or Quinton Hughes?? 

To me its like comparing Karlsson and Hedman. Both dominant in their own respective play styles. I hope Quinn and Rasmus are both elite and help bring Van and Buf their first cups.

(Van first tho lol)

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Laheys Liquor said:

To me its like comparing Karlsson and Hedman. Both dominant in their own respective play styles. I hope Quinn and Rasmus are both elite and help bring Van and Buf their first cups.

(Van first tho lol)

i would genuinely not feel salty at all if Buffalo won the cup before us. we're family ;)

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

We are bulding a fast smart team. OJ was considered to be the best skating d man in his draft. Hughes is the best skater in his and could be top ten in the league this year, Pettersson, Horvat, Woo etc are all excellent skaters. They better make

sure the ice in Vancity is well taken care of, there will be a home team advantage in the coming years against teams that can’t skate.  

Good thing there are plans to build a world class practice facility, which will allow the maintenance crew to have more time to work on any issues at Rogers Arena.

On 04/08/2018 at 10:18 PM, rekker said:

One for one, forward for forward there aren't a lot of players I would trade Bo for. He will be a beast come playoffs. He already was a beast as a rookie vs the Flames.

Although the "18 year old" got all the glory that series. Hmmm. How has that worked out since....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Hey guys who do you think will be the better hockey player? Rasmus Dahlin or Quinton Hughes?? 

Dahlin is the better player, which is why he was far and away the undisputed #1 overall pick.

But, that being said, the Canucks got the 2nd best Dman in the draft. What is even better is that the Canucks picked BPA, but still ended up getting the exact player they need. Who cares about BUF, Canucks won huge on Draft Day.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Dahlin is the better player, which is why he was far and away the undisputed #1 overall pick.

But, that being said, the Canucks got the 2nd best Dman in the draft. What is even better is that the Canucks picked BPA, but still ended up getting the exact player they need. Who cares about BUF, Canucks won huge on Draft Day.

Yup, we clearly won two drafts in a row now.  :towel:

4 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

We are bulding a fast smart team. OJ was considered to be the best skating d man in his draft.

OJ was consider to be a better skater than Chychrun and sergachev?  That’s news to me. Although I’m 99.9% sure it was well known that his skating wasn’t at the level of either of those two. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

OJ was consider to be a better skater than Chychrun and sergachev?  That’s news to me. Although I’m 99.9% sure it was well known that his skating wasn’t at the level of either of those two. 

?

I guess I'll have to go into the archives to confirm but yah... OJ was touted as the best skater in the draft related to defencemen.  I don't know if that is still the case.  I think Chychrun was close? But not seen to be to much of a gamble and OJ the safer pick (better hockey sense and vision).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

?

I guess I'll have to go into the archives to confirm but yah... OJ was touted as the best skater in the draft related to defencemen.  I don't know if that is still the case.  I think Chychrun was close? But not seen to be to much of a gamble and OJ the safer pick (better hockey sense and vision).

OJ was never touted as the best skater. I followed those D all year long during that draft and debate non stop with people. Not even the extremely pro Juolevi poster would say he was the best skater. it was always well known that sergachev and chychrun were superior skaters 

44 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

OJ was never touted as the best skater. I followed those D all year long during that draft and debate non stop with people. Not even the extremely pro Juolevi poster would say he was the best skater. it was always well known that sergachev and chychrun were superior skaters 

OJ is a better player, because he’s more skilled and has a way higher hockey Q than those other two.  I think OJ appears to be a better skater, because of his elite skill, and hockey sense.  None of these are even close to Hughes, of course.

Edited by Alflives

6 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I still think Virtanen is the best skater on the Canucks until a Hughes or similar show otherwise - just noted you didn't include him on your list.

If only the boy can stick handle at high speed. The kid has the size and speed combo that is a rarity in today’s game. Just need his smarts and hands to catch up and he could dominate shift after shift. I can’t think of many Dmen in today’s game that can make up ground after losing a step when Virt walks em wide. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

If only the boy can stick handle at high speed. The kid has the size and speed combo that is a rarity in today’s game. Just need his smarts and hands to catch up and he could dominate shift after shift. I can’t think of many Dmen in today’s game that can make up ground after losing a step when Virt walks em wide. 

Jake is clearly faster than even McDavid.  We all saw evidence of that.  Is Hughes even faster?