The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 hours ago, Rodishred said:

Phat fingers.. "The McCann pick is likely his worst so far."

I agree totally.  As far as first round expectations that is.... I mean, wasn't Debrincat choose just after?  Again hindsight is 20/20, but overall Benning has been very productive so far.

Its never a bad pickif you get an nhler outside the top 10.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

CanucksPlace‏ @canucksplace 7m7 minutes ago

After his 3-point effort (0G, 3A) last night, here is how #Canucks Woo ranks in various WHL scoring statistics among defenders:

6th in points

6th in goals

5th in assists

5th in points per game

Reminder: Woo is not known as an offensive guy at all.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

After his 3-point effort (0G, 3A) last night, here is how #Canucks Woo ranks in various WHL scoring statistics among defenders:

6th in points

6th in goals

5th in assists

5th in points per game

How does that rank against his draft class and younger?

14 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

6th in points

6th in goals

5th in assists

5th in points per game

He was a PPG before that injury in his draft year and after that the coach used him in a defensive role for the rest of the season. Leads me to suggest he does have an offensive upside.

45pts in 44gp. That's a significant jump from last season, and it's not like his quality of teammates has gotten better either as two of the top goal scorers from his club last season departed (both scored 129 and 113pts respectively), well well over a PPG.

Not only is he a physical, defensively sound defenseman, but he's proving to be capable offensively too. Think it's time to tune in a game of his

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Its never a bad pickif you get an nhler outside the top 10.

True, true... This just reinforces Bennings drafting abilities.  

Because we have such an astute deafting team now in Van, I am more interested in the draft now than ever before.  

I believe the Canucks are top five in drafting.

Edited by Rodishred
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

6th in points

6th in goals

5th in assists

5th in points per game

Not to mention he started the year off slow coming off of injury and then needing to play his way back into game shape. Kids been dynamite this year and I can easily see him stepping into the NHL next year with a good training camp. Could easily be sheltered with Tanev and Stecher ahead of him. Trade Guddy, but if Woo cant make it the whole year send him down to the WHL and bring up a guy like Chatfield.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Rodishred said:

Phat fingers.. "The McCann pick is likely his worst so far."

I agree totally.  As far as first round expectations that is.... I mean, wasn't Debrincat choose just after?  Again hindsight is 20/20, but overall Benning has been very productive so far.

McCann was a good pick that we rushed and he hasn’t turned it around for the better. McCann was ranked to go early teens and was clearly the BPA at our pick it just sucks that Pastrnak was the next pick.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rodishred said:

Ha, ha!  Yah right?!

Look at my user name!.... A mix up of Rodin and Schroeder!... I mean... I was excited that these guys were drafted... We had no other prospects at that time with any potential.  

I now spend as much time following our prospects as I do our team.  Few years back, went to Shawnigan Lake to meet Boeser, Demko, Stetcher, Juolevi.  During WJ, went down to Victoria to watch the Hughes brothers and Madden.  I really enjoy watching the building process this team is going through.  I'm hoping to go to the draft in Van as well!

I'm really hopeful that Madden and Woo end up being impact players on this team in the not to distant future.

Now if I could just figure out how to change my user name.... lol!

Boeko.

Juosteter

Demstetlevi

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kushman said:

Until benning came along, I barely followed our prospects. There was no one to follow (the gaunces, Schroeders, and jensens of the world did not create any excitement). World Jr's were never that interesting as we usually had nobody even playing in it. Now I follow whats going  on regularly. Watch games in other leagues and world Jr's are great as we have multiple players playing for multiple teams. Benning and co have brought life into what used to be a black hole

You are not alone.... feel the same way 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Kushman said:

Until benning came along, I barely followed our prospects. There was no one to follow (the gaunces, Schroeders, and jensens of the world did not create any excitement). World Jr's were never that interesting as we usually had nobody even playing in it. Now I follow whats going  on regularly. Watch games in other leagues and world Jr's are great as we have multiple players playing for multiple teams. Benning and co have brought life into what used to be a black hole

Schroeder and jensen played in the world jrs though lol.

• Haha 1

Kids a beast! He could be the steal of the draft! Strong defensive play with offensive ability. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Guddy, but with a better outlet pass and skating that Guddy lacks.

Can honestly see this kid fighting for a spot next training camp and if he doesn't get it then one more year in the W wont hurt.

• Upvote 1