The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

8 hours ago, Grape said:

Whoaaa that’s an insult I don’t hear often :shock:

See I don’t disagree with that at all I was just responding to people saying his production level is insane right now. Which it isn’t, because as you said, it’s expected as a defenseman to be the 5th leading scorer. And so I’m trying to put things into perspective/temper expectations and argue that it’s not necessarily ‘insane’ and instead just really good.

Oh stop your wine 'ing' Grape...  was saving that for your reply, these puns are too juicy to resist ;)

I agree with you  but needed to uncork a few puns... 

Thanks for making me laugh at myself on a night shift.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Funny time to sign Woo to me.  With a low number of available contracts and a Lockwood decision still coming I would have thought they might hold off until the summer.  

This does not affect our roster count. As a sliding ELC it is dormant till Woo leaves the WHL.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, wildcam said:

My point is that Woo has guys that are so talented you pick up lots of assists because these super stars have finish .

Moose Jaw Top 5

1. Langan 110 points  -2.Almeida 108 points - 3. Tracey 81 points - 4. Brooks 74 points --Woo 61 points  GP 60

Giants top scores ---

1.Koch F -78 points  GP  67    --   2. Byram  D 71 points  GP 67 Byram all alone in talent department

Spokane

1.Woods F Points 74 - GP 64    2. ((  Smith D  points 69 - GP 57  Smith no talent around him ?

All that I am saying is don't be disappointed with his point totals next year as these talented player will not be on his team..

Woo is a very good player but I see him more as a solid #4  D guy with more offence then Tanev and more gritty with great passes out of his D zone, ...Woo has a edge to his game with a very bright future.

Woo'a point production isnt a giant surprise.  He is a good player.  

As another poster pointed out, he could be the reason others are producing so well.  It is as valid as your POV.  

It is a good sign.  That's all.  Dont think we can look beyond anything.  Hut at least the analytical typea can point to a significant PPG increase in his draft plus one year.  Silver lining?  

11 hours ago, wildcam said:

My point is that Woo has guys that are so talented you pick up lots of assists because these super stars have finish .

Moose Jaw Top 5

1. Langan 110 points  -2.Almeida 108 points - 3. Tracey 81 points - 4. Brooks 74 points --Woo 61 points  GP 60

Giants top scores ---

1.Koch F -78 points  GP  67    --   2. Byram  D 71 points  GP 67 Byram all alone in talent department

Spokane

1.Woods F Points 74 - GP 64    2. ((  Smith D  points 69 - GP 57  Smith no talent around him ?

All that I am saying is don't be disappointed with his point totals next year as these talented player will not be on his team..

Woo is a very good player but I see him more as a solid #4  D guy with more offence then Tanev and more gritty with great passes out of his D zone, ...Woo has a edge to his game with a very bright future.

Because he won't have Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, and hopefully other Hughes to dish it out too right? I'm just picking, I get your point. Good thing is he's a solid defender and has decent size and should be able to add a physical edge. Even if he doesn't produce points, he should become a solid shutdown physical force for us

If he's a bust, at least we can say we once drafted a guy with the coolest name in NHL history!!!

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, wildcam said:

Moose Jaw Top 5

Giants top scores ---

Spokane

I don't think many are expecting Woo to be an offensive dynamo or top pairing guy because he's put up solid numbers this year.

It just shows he got some skill with the puck to go with his game, more potential to be a top 4 guy that can play a 2 way game rather than a puck is bomb Gudbranson type defender. 

Edited by Ihatetomatoes
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, cyoung said:

The thing is, with Brook gone woo's production went up. He ran that team and quarter backed their pp without their number 1 D.

I think people are just happy to see his offensive game blossom so much, there's alot more there than what people originally thought.

Don't know what your talking about..Brooks played 59 games and Woo played 62 games...Woo had a very good season and averaged a point a game.

I guess he ran power play for 3 games when Brooks was at World Jr tourney ...

Woo will be a very good NHL hockey player in Vancouver one day...

ALL THAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS PLAYER POINT TOTALS CAN BE MISS LEADING??? PLAYING ON A TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE 3 SUPERSTAR FORWARD 2 OF THEM WITH OVER 100 POINTS AND BROOKS AS #1 D MAN WOO'S POINT TOTAL MIGHT BE HIGH....

WOO IS A VERY VERY GOOD D MAN ONLY 18 SOLID GAME NO REAL FLAWS... LIKE THE EDGE TO HIS GAME AND HE PLAYS SMART...

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Don't know what your talking about..Brooks played 59 games and Woo played 62 games...Woo had a very good season and averaged a point a game.

ALL THAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS PLAYER POINT TOTALS CAN BE MISS LEADING??? PLAYING ON A TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE 3 SUPERSTAR FORWARD 2 OF THEM WITH OVER 100 POINTS AND BROOKS AS #1 D MAN WOO'S POINT TOTAL MIGHT BE HIGH....

WOO IS A VERY VERY GOOD D MAN ONLY 18 SOLID GAME NO REAL FLAWS... LIKE THE EDGE TO HIS GAME AND HE PLAYS SMART...

ddf6463a6af0c67a10ab7b8ae8ae8b7ecaba7a141c4b3b2d4f4e3c8261075b8a-1001.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

To me, Woo has become the most exciting D prospect we have (after QH). There's no shortage of solid top 4D drafted the second round, and I believe he will join that list. Can't wait.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wildcam said:

Easy there little fella.

Ya point totals can be high for sure because of his team but regardless, he's having an outstanding year.

3 hours ago, cyoung said:

Easy there little fella.

Ya point totals can be high for sure because of his team but regardless, he's having an outstanding year.

I agree 100% the young 18 year old is have a great year he plays a 200 foot game and makes the simple play out of his zone..

He moves around ice well and makes smart plays... I can see him playing in NHL by 20-21 season.....

I can see him playing a few games in Utica if Moose Jaw get knock out of playoffs..He will be 19 this July so great to have a young D prospect like Woo..

We have some good young players to be excited about.. More good draft picks in June....