The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

There are reports JB has made multiple trade offeres for Zucker. MIN has the 12th overall.  Maybe they flip picks as part of package.  

Virtanen 10th Hutton for Zucker plus 12th. 

Then take Newhook at 12th.

"According to Mike Halford at TSN 1040, the Canucks are very interested in Zucker.

“I won’t say who it is, but it’s a pretty decent source, enough that I trust that I’ll go live on the air with this,” said Halford. “Quote: ‘Mike, I’m hearing that Vancouver is all over Jason Zucker. There are multiple trade offers on the table"

Bit of an over payment. I'd be upset to give that much up for zuck and moving down 2 spots..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

You also think debrincat wasnt a strong and fast skater in jr. whereas I thought his skating was one of his strengths.

but that’s the beauty of this all everyone has this draft ranked so differently. From us cdcers, to expert analysts, scouts and teams GMs I’m sure.

will be a fun draft day for sure!

He wasnt a burner in jr which is why he fell, I didnt say DeBrincat was slow or a bad skater.

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think he could very well be available.

1) Hughes

2) Kakko

3) Bryam

4) Turcotte

5) Dach

6) Cozens

7) Boldy

8) Soderstrom/Broberg

9) Krebs

10) Zegras

I could very easily see something like that playing out. Caulfield, Seider, Podkolzin, Newhook, and the other one of Broberg/Soderstrom could potentially rise into the top ten as well. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that Zegras is available at ten. And if he isn't, that would likely mean that someone like Boldy falls to us. Either way, it's a win/win.

Ya who knows how it’s gonna go really. At least we know we are getting a high ceiling player regardless.

problem is though so is every other team :(

6 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He wasnt a burner in jr which is why he fell, I didnt say DeBrincat was slow or a bad skater.

Sorry but send me a link or quote that confirms that. Unless your meaning of that is like he doesn’t just take guys wide and try to beat them with his speed? But that wasn’t the way they were coached to play in jr or the way he plays. But that doesn’t mean he’s not fast or a strong skater.

While I think Caufield has a lot of similarities to Debrincat I feel debincats skating was at a higher level during their draft years.

im 99.99% sure he fell in his draft strictly because of his size. And some thought he just rode shotgun with McDavid. But he proved To be a play driver, primary points showed for that. And his skating was strong enough to keep up with the fastest player in the game without ever looking out of place or behind.

I’m sure Caufield can improve his skating though. It’s just more comforting when taking a player that small that skating is a strength rather than a knock. 

9 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Well this puts my draft stress at ease a bit. Zegras is the player I want at #10 badly. Has star quality and reminds me of Barzal. Don’t think he lasts till 10 though unless teams don’t see him as a centre in the bigs. His creativity is off the charts. 

I'm coming around on Zegras.... The more I read and watch.  As you mentioned, his CREATIVITY is off the charts.  Much like Pettersson, Barzel and Marner... That's an x-factor that we can't pass up if available at 10.  Imagine having two elite IQ creative playmakers that can score, skate and see the ice so well.  Compliment them with north south high effort, gritty character forwards in Bo, Adam, Tanner, Jay and Jake (?) and you have a well balanced forward group that can contend for the cup very soon.

Edited by Rodishred
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

I'm coming around on Zegras.... The more I read and watch.  As you mentioned, his CREATIVITY is off the charts.  Much like Pettersson, Barzel and Marner... That's an x-factor that we can't pass up if available at 10.  Imagine having two elite IQ creative playmakers that can score, skate and see the ice so well.  Compliment them with north south high effort, gritty character forwards in Bo, Adam, Tanner, Jay and Jake (?) and you have a well balanced forward group that can contend for the cup very soon.

Ya zegras has a high high ceiling. Plays a similar style to Jack hughes, he’s very talented. 

Wed be lucky to add him.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Yeah he's pretty good. This just came out today ::D

We don't have a guy with his skillset anywhere in our whole entire roster. 

Zegras or Seider for me.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, R3aL said:

Ya who knows how it’s gonna go really. At least we know we are getting a high ceiling player regardless.

problem is though so is every other team :(

Yeah we need a good day two of the draft, thats where teams separate themselves. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We don't have a guy with his skillset anywhere in our whole entire roster. 

Zegras or Seider for me.

All highlights for Zegras are on the big ice, and he is very perimeter.  Skill is certainly there, but what's his compete level?  Hard to see that when there is so much room for him to be fancy. 

14 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah we need a good day two of the draft, thats where teams separate themselves. 

Yea just hard to imagine our rebuild being fully successful when teams ahead of us continue to draft higher than us and other teams have more and more draft picks than us.

we have done pretty well with our core 4 but neee to do better still if we want to be a contender 

defn have to have a strong day 2 and find some gems 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All highlights for Zegras are on the big ice, and he is very perimeter.  Skill is certainly there, but what's his compete level?  Hard to see that when there is so much room for him to be fancy. 

He played on North American ice all year? 

He runs the pp off the halfwall 

he’s very similiar to jack hughes 

Hes a fantastic skater

not sure why you hate on him so much 

• Cheers 1