The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

If this is true, I’m not sure I like this trade. We trade a disappointing winger for another disappointing one; a D with an unknown ceiling for another D; and #10 overall pick for #31 (forget the 6th round pick thrown in, we already have 3 of them). I’d rather move up to get Byram or a first line winger, or simply get a good player at #10. 

It's totally not true.

Imagine if we traded

2nd round pick

6th round pick

Juolevi

Gaudette

for

9th overall

Mittlestadt

Nylander

That's almost the equivalent of what that guys saying.  Give or take.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

If this is true, I’m not sure I like this trade. We trade a disappointing winger for another disappointing one; a D with an unknown ceiling for another D; and #10 overall pick for #31 (forget the 6th round pick thrown in, we already have 3 of them). I’d rather move up to get Byram or a first line winger, or simply get a good player at #10. 

Yeah, I really don't care for this idea either. I don't have a lot of faith in Nylander as a prospect. He's underperformed in the AHL, and from what I've seen of him, he's kind of a puck hog, but doesn't have the skill to back it up. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Saw this on Twitter as a trade rumour.  it’s fun to speculate.  Probably BS.  Edit: If it was Buffalo’s 7th overall instead of a 6th rounder I might consider it.  

5ED167DF-2914-4D6C-9385-9D69EE8E1EAB.jpeg

This would be terrible for the long term of the team.  OJ has the tools to be as good as Risto.  Nylander is either top 6 or bust and he has shown he is not a top 6 in the AHL.  Virtanen is much more versatile.  He can play on any line and brings other tools.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

bold prediction for the upcoming draft:

VAN will move up to #6 taking Zegras / DET will move down to #10 taking Moritz Seider.

I think there is a good chance that this is going to happen:

- JB tried earlier this month to get DET's 1st round pick, but refused to accept DET asking price (VAN's 2nd round pick).

JB's buddy Ken Holland was the GM at this time.

- Ted Kulfan reported earlier this month that DET want to draft an all star defenseman at #6.

- Stevie realized that the D-Man he is targeting will be on the board at #10. 

- JB still wants to move up to walk away with Zegras.

Sounds like there is a match.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

VAN will move up to #6 taking Zegras / DET will move down to #10 taking Moritz Seider.

- JB tried earlier this month to get DET's 1st round pick, but refused to accept DET asking price (VAN's 2nd round pick).

- Ted Kulfan reported earlier this month that DET want to draft an all star defenseman at #6.

I would love if we could find a way to draft Zegras! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

That would be crazy.  But only a second?  I really hope this happens.  

On 6/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Virtanen would easily get a 3rd and would probably get a 2nd. Come on!!!  :frantic:

hell no he wouldn't MAYBE a late 3rd rounder but not a 2nd. Teams have the book on Virtanen already, he's just taken small steps ever since his draft year Big and fast, whooptie doo, he's invisible in 75% of the games he's played, that shouldn't happen for a guy with that big. Im not sure Virtanen is going to ever reach whatever potential people thought he had. He basically bullied his way through the dub with one good season

Jim Benning has been on a roll. Drafting Quinn Hughes, trading Guddy for Pearson, signing Edler to a great contract. (we'll ignore the Beagle signing for a moment)

Don't F this up. I'm not about to believe a random on twitter but a trade like that is not the way to go.

I got a feeling there will be an announcement tomorrow for us to be excited about, hopefully JB can continue his good streak! 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Jim Benning has been on a role. Drafting Quinn Hughes, trading Guddy for Pearson, signing Edler to a great contract. (we'll ignore the Beagle signing for a moment)

Don't F this up. I'm not about to believe a random on twitter but a trade like that is not the way to go.

I got a feeling there will be an announcement tomorrow for us to be excited about, hopefully JB can continue his good streak! 

Yeah I have a feeling theres a deal already made or going to be made, even just a small one. Jim's gotta show something for us since the hockey world has its eyes on us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah I have a feeling theres a deal already made or going to be made, even just a small one. Jim's gotta show something for us since the hockey world has its eyes on us.

Yeah Bobby Mac hinted that he expects the Canucks to try & make a splash tommorrow. But with all the speculation around I wouldn't be surprised if that 'splash' is already a foregone conclusion.

Would not be at all surprised if they have something to announce tomorrow either, I just hope its good.