The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The World Events Thread

RUPERTKBD

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Anyone stupid enough to “practice” with live bomb is an idiot.

But than again I don’t think these guys were members of MENSA.

I'm sure we'll see a similar story out of the US at some point in Bidens administration. Al'Bama domestic terrorists seem on a similar level. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure we'll see a similar story out of the US at some point in Bidens administration. Al'Bama domestic terrorists seem on a similar level. 

I don’t even think that y’all qaeda is stupid enough to pack 30 people inside a building and work with live bomb.

9 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t even think that y’all qaeda is stupid enough to pack 30 people inside a building and work with live bomb.

Nope. But a church filled with old people in the midst of a deadly pandemic is all good....in fact it's essential....

12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

well, a group of them thought taking a dump in the capital was a good idea. I'm willing to lay a bet some of them will blow themselves up within the next 4 years. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well, a group of them thought taking a dump in the capital was a good idea. I'm willing to lay a bet some of them will blow themselves up within the next 4 years. 

i don't think enough attention is paid to how dumb this was....

They recorded themselves doing it and posted it on social media, even though few of them were wearing masks, or attempting to conceal their identities in any way. In fact, many (if not most) made it publicly known who they were.

Let that sink in....they thought they were going to somehow be treated as heroes, rather than criminals.....:picard:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

i don't think enough attention is paid to how dumb this was....

They recorded themselves doing it and posted it on social media, even though few of them were wearing masks, or attempting to conceal their identities in any way. In fact, many (if not most) made it publicly known who they were.

Let that sink in....they thought they were going to somehow be treated as heroes, rather than criminals.....:picard:

I mean think of the exceptional effort and dexterity is must have taken..... ok maybe don't think too hard.

Its so fitting that Trump took a metaphorical dump on all of his minions when he passed on giving them all pardons. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I mean think of the exceptional effort and dexterity is must have taken..... ok maybe don't think too hard.

Its so fitting that Trump took a metaphorical dump on all of his minions when he passed on giving them all pardons. 

The really sad thing is that there's no doubt in my mind that these morons will continue to be Trump supporters, even though he threw the lot of them under the bus....after telling them he "loved them" and that they were "special"....:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The really sad thing is that there's no doubt in my mind that these morons will continue to be Trump supporters, even though he threw the lot of them under the bus....after telling them he "loved them" and that they were "special"....:rolleyes:

I used to joke about it being a cult, but it really is. Did you see the backlash against Kinsinger? his own family saying he went 'agiainst god'. I mean holy $&!#. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I used to joke about it being a cult, but it really is. Did you see the backlash against Kinsinger? his own family saying he went 'agiainst god'. I mean holy $&!#. 

I did and I posted about it in the other thread. Good on him for basically telling them to eff off....

Edited by RUPERTKBD

14 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Kids......

....they blow up so fast.....

They don't hate us,

they just hate their lives 

And desperate people learn to despise 

The suicidls don't want a coup 

They don't want to blow up,they just want their 72 

72 virgins will never stop a war 

But 100,000 hookers can beat the marine corp 

I'm stopping hatred,fighting will cease when everyone is getting @#$@ jobs 

That's when we'll finally have world peace 

How many million men have been killed in foreign wars 

We need to re-instate the draft enlist a million whores 

Start with sororities and then all the spring breaks 

ship the girls gone wild to Afghanistan they'll Gladly @#$@ the sheiks 

These holy wars aren't holy it's not the military complex 

Terrorist's are 16 year old kids who were promised jihad sex 

Maybe if they could see a woman's face 

They might not get onto that plane 

With a bomb in their suitcase 

Mike Burkett wrote this song after watching Pierre Rehov's doco Suicide killers.

One group in particular were a group of 15 - 16 year old boys.

Their bombs did not go off.

When he interviewed them they told him they did not care about politics all they wanted was the "72 virgins" their immam promised them when they got to "paradise".

God is a lousy shot; was aiming for Ted Cruz and John Cornyn but got all of Texas instead.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/bette-midler-god-sent-deadly-storm-to-texas-because-ted-cruz-challenged-election-results/ar-BB1dNxkX?ocid=msedgdhp

"Singer Bette Midler suggested to her 2 million Twitter followers that the deadly snowstorm in Texas is God’s way of punishing the state’s senators, Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, for raising voter fraud concerns in the 2020 presidential election.

"‘Inept’ is the wrong word,” the three-time Grammy award winner tweeted Tuesday as freezing temperatures gripped the southern United States, leaving millions without power.

”‘Hateful’, ‘Vicious’, ‘Cruel’ might all apply. I feel for the people suffering thru this weather, but #God doesn't seem to like #TedCruz or #JohnCornyn. These two also never recognized that #Joe won. If this isn't payback, I don't know what is.”

Cornyn was not among the Republicans who objected to certifying the results of the election.

At least 20 people have died as a result of devastating storms that left over 3 million people without power in the state of Texas alone.

The developing tragedy has led many, including Texas’s Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, to question the strength and readiness of the state’s power grid.

“This is unacceptable,” he said in a statement following a demand for an emergency hearing to investigate the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.

Viral images of frozen windmills in Texas spread on social media as the storm hit, causing many to question the effectiveness of green energy. Wind power currently makes up about 25% of energy production in Texas this time of year."

This immediately made me think " Wow, Bettte Midler is still alive" but a quick look says she's only 75.

40 minutes ago, gurn said:

God is a lousy shot; was aiming for Ted Cruz and John Cornyn but got all of Texas instead.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/bette-midler-god-sent-deadly-storm-to-texas-because-ted-cruz-challenged-election-results/ar-BB1dNxkX?ocid=msedgdhp

"Singer Bette Midler suggested to her 2 million Twitter followers that the deadly snowstorm in Texas is God’s way of punishing the state’s senators, Ted Cruz and John Cornyn, for raising voter fraud concerns in the 2020 presidential election.

"‘Inept’ is the wrong word,” the three-time Grammy award winner tweeted Tuesday as freezing temperatures gripped the southern United States, leaving millions without power.

”‘Hateful’, ‘Vicious’, ‘Cruel’ might all apply. I feel for the people suffering thru this weather, but #God doesn't seem to like #TedCruz or #JohnCornyn. These two also never recognized that #Joe won. If this isn't payback, I don't know what is.”

Cornyn was not among the Republicans who objected to certifying the results of the election.

At least 20 people have died as a result of devastating storms that left over 3 million people without power in the state of Texas alone.

The developing tragedy has led many, including Texas’s Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, to question the strength and readiness of the state’s power grid.

“This is unacceptable,” he said in a statement following a demand for an emergency hearing to investigate the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.

Viral images of frozen windmills in Texas spread on social media as the storm hit, causing many to question the effectiveness of green energy. Wind power currently makes up about 25% of energy production in Texas this time of year."

This immediately made me think " Wow, Bettte Midler is still alive" but a quick look says she's only 75.

This is one of those cases where "celebrities" should stay away from politicizing these events. Abbot and Cruz already look like morons and all Bette did here was aim the criticism back at herself.

Maybe pick your spots and wait for situations where dozens aren't dead and millions aren't suffering....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is one of those cases where "celebrities" should stay away from politicizing these events. Abbot and Cruz already look like morons and all Bette did here was aim the criticism back at herself.

Maybe pick your spots and wait for situations where dozens aren't dead and millions aren't suffering....

Add to this Cruz fled to Cancun, didn't want to stay in a s hole country with no running water or electricity.( posted on US politic thread)

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

Add to this Cruz fled to Cancun, didn't want to stay in a s hole country with no running water or electricity.( posted on US politic thread)

Yeah, I saw that. It comes as zero surprise, knowing what an absolute POS that ted Cruz is.....

Texas is slowly, but surely becoming a more diverse state. (both ethnically and politically) Hopefully, someone comes along soon and takes both Cruz and Abbott down....

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I've posted about this before.

Targeted action?...what the hell is going on with this Havana Syndrome?

Havana syndrome caused by ‘targeted action,’ U.S. State Department says in report

https://globalnews.ca/news/7635258/havana-syndrome-canadian-diplomats-state-department/

Strange story.

If the Cuban government is behind this, why would they target Canadian diplomats?   I thought we were on fairly good terms with the Cubans.

50 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Strange story.

If the Cuban government is behind this, why would they target Canadian diplomats?   I thought we were on fairly good terms with the Cubans.

As Jimmy said the thought is Russia.

New level of weird and it's been going on for a while.