The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] DiPietro could stick in NHL if he has a good camp

thejazz97

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

That would mean we’d have to waive another player just to fit him in for 9 games. We have too many waiver eligible guys to make that arrangement work.

Tbh, who would other team want to claim the extra player when we finished at the bottom for 2nd years in a  row especially with 2 extra slots openings left by the Sedins?    Most of other team would prepare for their roster at the start of the season and might have to lose some of their assets to waivers if they were to claim a players from this team?   Not a big loss if some of other team made a claim.   Majority of our prospects are waivers exempt.   

3 hours ago, coolboarder said:

Tbh, who would other team want to claim the extra player when we finished at the bottom for 2nd years in a  row especially with 2 extra slots openings left by the Sedins?    Most of other team would prepare for their roster at the start of the season and might have to lose some of their assets to waivers if they were to claim a players from this team?   Not a big loss if some of other team made a claim.   Majority of our prospects are waivers exempt.   

I can’t see Benning waiving guys like Ganger and Eriksson. It would be even harder luring UFA’s here if we did that. So with the new additions and assumption Pettersson is on the team. Guys I think on the bubble are Gaunce, Hutton, Goldobin and Leipsic. One of them is already getting waived. I’d rather not waive another guy just to give a 19 year old goalie 9 games.

On 15/08/2018 at 10:41 AM, Bure_Pavel said:

You are dreaming if you think we have a top 5 goalie or defense this year. The only way this happens is if Demko emerges as a star this year and no injuries to our Defense all year.  

So you're saying there's a chance? 

I'll take it. 

We have a lot of young guys looking to make names for themselves... They're just motivated young athletes. If a few explode with amazing years, this team can squeeze into the playoffs and go on a deep run. 

By explode I mean like u mentioned... A guy like Demko emerging as a star.

On 2018-08-16 at 6:38 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Huh?

Matt Murray has played part of 3 seasons, has 2 Stanley Cups, and 111 games played and 68 wins. If he stays healthy he's going to have long and successful career. 

(Played 4 years for the Soo Greyhounds too.)

doubt it.. pens will be on a downward swing real soon and with all the concussion history crosby have i doubt he plays till 40

2 hours ago, BlastPast said:

More and more I'm starting to think that "rumblings " is the sound of distant bull$&!#.

I just think everything is taken out of context. I mean let's be honest....if I have a great camp I'll make the team. If I score 10 goals a game the Canucks won't cut me.

The reality is I'm not invited amd skate in slow motion. 

The point is if he's that good he makes it, however it's unlikely.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, AK_19 said:

I think this talk of Dipietro being too good for the CHL is ridiculous. He had a .910 save percentage in the CHL, there is plenty he can still learn there.

Pretty sure he was carrying a pretty heavy load there, and he means too good for Windsor as in, he really is that good and they are trying to tank I think.

Archived