[Proposal] Van / OTT

Van: 

M. Duchene 

Ott: 

2019 2nd 

M. Granlund

N. Goldobin

B. Hutton

In my opinion Ott is going to blow it up this year and try to accumulate as many picks and young talent as possible. This trade will give them a lighter payroll, some potential scoring in Goldy, a replacement C for cheaper, a young D man in Hutton. Our 2nd might be as close as they get to having a 1st next year.

Duchene can immediately become our 2A Center. I think this trade can work well for both teams. 

I think they'd want a higher-end prospect. When Colorado gets a top pick from them, the optics will be horrible.

Also they're at 48 contracts, so they can only take back two extras.

Giving it a go:

Van: Tanev(retain 2 mill), Sutter, Pouliot, Granlund

OTT: Duchene & blah prospect

- They could use these guys, then maybe flip one or two later(TDL) for more picks.

- Only if Duchene agreed to a signed deal(pre-trade)

this deal cannot be done as proposed

ottawa included perron in the deal when moving karlsson

to ensure they would keep 1 contract space available

otherwise they are full

they have filled 49/50 contracts

they can only take 1 extra player back in a trade

and will likely not be willing to do that

so it has to be 1 for 1 plus draft picks

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

this deal cannot be done as proposed

ottawa included perron in the deal when moving karlsson

to ensure they would keep 1 contract space available

otherwise they are full

they have filled 49/50 contracts

they can only take 1 extra player back in a trade

and will likely not be willing to do that

so it has to be 1 for 1 plus draft picks

CV,  Unsure on that contract detail. Yesterday on Capfriendly I read 49/50 contracts. Today I read 48/50.

Injuries(Pageau) don't change this number, do they?

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

CV,  Unsure on that contract detail. Yesterday on Capfriendly I read 49/50 contracts. Today I read 48/50.

Injuries(Pageau) don't change this number, do they?

not to my knowledge

i did not check myself since the trade

maybe they cut someone loose?
but they are very near the contract limit

and given sens rather thin talent base

i can see them wanting to be able to troll the waiver wire

when other teams camps end

and some players are moved via the waiver wire back to the ahl

I was unaware that OTT only had 2 roster spots left when making this trade purposal. I wouldn’t be comfortable with trading away anymore picks. However, I’d remove Hutton and Granlund and sub it with Tanev. 

So trade would look like:

Van:

Duchene

Ott:

Tanev

Goldobin

2019 2nd 

That would deplete the Canucks on the right side D, but it would solitify the middle. I’d only do this if Duchene signs. In the end I would sacrifice Tanev’s 50-60 healthy games for Duchene’s 50-60 points. 

5 hours ago, michael_kha said:

Van: 

M. Duchene 

Ott: 

2019 2nd 

M. Granlund

N. Goldobin

B. Hutton

In my opinion Ott is going to blow it up this year and try to accumulate as many picks and young talent as possible. This trade will give them a lighter payroll, some potential scoring in Goldy, a replacement C for cheaper, a young D man in Hutton. Our 2nd might be as close as they get to having a 1st next year.

Duchene can immediately become our 2A Center. I think this trade can work well for both teams. 

Not sure they give him up for that considering what they gave up but you never know as they didn't get as much as they should have for EK. If we could do it whithout giving up too much and make room for the young guys I would go for it.

On 2018-09-14 at 8:53 PM, michael_kha said:

Van: 

M. Duchene 

Ott: 

2019 2nd 

M. Granlund

N. Goldobin

B. Hutton

There is no scenario, in our current situation, where I want to see Duchene in a Vancouver uniform.

He's another smallish player who is a defensive nightmare, in that he has nothing in the way of defensive ability. 

At 27, he'd be yet another aging player coming to a team that's trying to get younger.

He was dealt by Colorado for good reason and those reasons really became apparent in Ottawa.

Ottawa is a mess. We don't need any of it getting on us.

17 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

There is no scenario, in our current situation, where I want to see Duchene in a Vancouver uniform.

He's another smallish player who is a defensive nightmare, in that he has nothing in the way of defensive ability. 

At 27, he'd be yet another aging player coming to a team that's trying to get younger.

He was dealt by Colorado for good reason and those reasons really became apparent in Ottawa.

Ottawa is a mess. We don't need any of it getting on us.

He wanted out a few years ago and asked for a trade if I recall. I imagine if he didn't ask for a trade he'd still be there.

40 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

...and come back each fall for training camp.   What's your point.   Sedins used to do same thing until they bought in Vancouver.

Are you saying Duchene would re-sign in Vancouver if we acquired him?

Because I think there would be a 90% chance of him leaving.

20 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Are you saying Duchene would re-sign in Vancouver if we acquired him?

Because I think there would be a 90% chance of him leaving.

Plus, Duchene is not a good center.  He is far better suited for the wing, where his total lack of defensive awareness is not so harmful.  

I really don’t like the player.  No to Duchene.  We want 200 foot players.

Archived