The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Couple Notes On Boeser & Virtanen

Johnny Torts

I’ll start off with a Boeser - Laine comparison.

Laine has had 5 points (3G 2A) so far this season.

Boeser, in his SOPHMORE year, has 7 points, 2G 5A.

Not a bone in my body is worried about the rightful owner of the 2017-2018 Calder trophy had he been healthy.

I have liked every single one of Jakes games this season. He’s been hitting like a truck, and playing a hard 200ft game. Those are the type of support players we need along the likes of Beagle and Sutter.

I heavily disagree with the mainstream media and I do think Virtanen is a solid NHLer already, and has potential for more. 

Happy Halloween Folks!  

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Halloween costumes Boeser and Virtanen switched jerseys tonight! Virtanen looked great tonight! I for one am happy the guys on these forums aren’t in charge otherwise we’d have traded Virtanen for a 3rd round pick a couple years ago lol.

Hahah totally man. 

1 minute ago, Whorvat said:

This was actually his first 2 goal game of his career.

Nice try though

Dont mind him, hes a glass half empty kinda guy.

As for Jake...Id like to see him and Gaudette together for the next few games. They had some good chemistry last night. Could be the makings of a really effective line for the team.

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

Dont mind him, hes a glass half empty kinda guy.

As for Jake...Id like to see him and Gaudette together for the next few games. They had some good chemistry last night. Could be the makings of a really effective line for the team.

Love that paring as they both grow look out. If Gaudette can make the plays Jake has the shot to score a few goals. They didnt look too bad defensively either.

I think there are people on these boards who simply don't have patience. They become critical after months of drafting a player and then expect everything handed to them on a silver platter. They aren't willing to wait years for players to develop.

Yet, that's not how the NHL works, at least not in general. There are obviously exceptions to the rule and that's what they focus on: the exceptions. I guess it's their ulcers and not mine in the end at least.

I really don’t care about Boeser’s stats. He’s doing nothing positive on the ice. 

No defensive effort, extremely low percentage of passes completed and easy ones at that, and he’s slow as molasses. 

Brock needs a health and mind reset and putting him in a game every second night might prove to be counterproductive. 

Archived