The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Another One Of Kavanaugh's Accusers Admits To Lying About Rape

SabreFan1

46 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You can't say all without investigating each one.  You have to take each situation as it comes.  So far, a few have already been shown to be false and/or referred to law enforcement for possible charges.

As they must be.  Far too easy and unaccountable for people to attempt to ruin someone's career and life without any factual basis.  Not simply mischief but truly criminal.

18 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I said it "smelt like a smear job right from the get go", which is to say that it "felt" like a smear job to me. Not a statement of fact, but a statement of belief, based on the timing of the allegations, the complete lack or corroborative evidence, the holes in Ford's testimony, and the other accusations being far less than credible, yet still being treated as such by various media outlets/political pundits/etc etc etc...

How did I know you immediately jump on me and anybody else who doubted the accusations? :lol: 

I honestly couldn't care less if people doubted the allegations. I simply have a problem with people who use something vague like not pursuing a 30 year old rape case through the courts as evidence of the accuser's deceit. 

If that is not what you were trying to convey then I retract my comment.

Not sure I know what you mean by "jump on you" but I can assure you that I want no part of it. I engaged you in a discussion, if you are not interested in that then let's just move on and not waste each other's time.

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Never heard of her...so I guess I can't be accused of automatically believing anything...

This thread does make me think that if Bill Cosby were to hire a bunch of random women to accuse him of sex crimes, then made a performance out of discrediting each one of those accusers in that Cliff Huxtable voice, he may not just get out of prison but get a reboot of The Cosby Show

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

This thread does make me think that if Bill Cosby were to hire a bunch of random women to accuse him of sex crimes, then made a performance out of discrediting each one of those accusers in that Cliff Huxtable voice, he may not just get out of prison but get a reboot of The Cosby Show

Except for the fact that a few of Cosby's were much more recent and there was actually enough proof to convict him.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Except for the fact that a few of Cosby's were much more recent and there was actually enough proof to convict him.

I should have conveyed my thoughts better. I am not suggesting Cosby's innocent nor protesting the existence of this thread. Just the idea that some have that false accusations discredit all accusers.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

I should have conveyed my thoughts better. I am not suggesting Cosby's innocent nor protesting the existence of this thread. Just the idea that some have that false accusations discredit all accusers.

That's just people being partisan. 

I'm just annoyed every timer someone says stupid things like, "believe the accuser".  People are liars and will use lies like a weapon especially if you tell them that they will be believed no matter what.  It's pretty ironic that that twit Alyssa Milano was at the hearing since she helped start the radical feminist nonsense and now these women are being nationally exposed after feeling emboldened enough to lie about something as serious as a rape accusation.

Of course a decent amount of the media is doing their best to ignore it because it doesn't fit in with their narratives.  Especially NBC who had information on the third accuser that they sat on and didn't report while the hearings were ongoing.

That doesn't make much sense to me.

Why were the Republicans terrified of investigating the claims then?

Why would Ford willingly invite this upon herself? She was getting death threats and stuff like that.

Why did Kavanaugh, under oath, constantly lie during the hearing? What reason would he have to seriously undermine his own testimony by literally insisting he had no credibility whatsoever? Is he a complete moron?! It was as if Trump had direct control over his brain.

Oh wait. Nevermind, it must have been Hilary and Obama.

5 hours ago, gerry35 said:

It was obvious that all these allegations were nothing but a smear job and had no truth to them. 

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I said it "smelt like a smear job right from the get go", which is to say that it "felt" like a smear job to me. Not a statement of fact, but a statement of belief, based on the timing of the allegations, the complete lack or corroborative evidence, the holes in Ford's testimony, and the other accusations being far less than credible, yet still being treated as such by various media outlets/political pundits/etc etc etc...

How did I know you immediately jump on me and anybody else who doubted the accusations:lol: 

I think you're both jumping to conclusions.  Logically speaking  it would only take one accusation to be true to show Kavanagh is a despicable rapist.  Even though the idiotic and repugnant individual in the OP is a liar, I wouldnt, rationally speaking, be so quick to judge the other cases as the same.

Honestly, the liars about this are the most disgusting of all. With all the people in the world who have legitimately been abused, it's a few punks like this who lie that really screw things up for those who are legitimately hurting.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Honestly, the liars about this are the most disgusting of all. With all the people in the world who have legitimately been abused, it's a few punks like this who lie that really screw things up for those who are legitimately hurting.

It's aggravatingly annoying to me that this is not common sense any more. That the few represent the many...

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

This is why you don't automatically believe accusers no matter what feminists continue to spout.  People lie for all kinds of reasons.

true, you want to have proper investigations. But why are you lumping this person in with people that support feminism? this extremist didn't do anyone any good that believes in equal rights. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

true, you want to have proper investigations. But why are you lumping this person in with people that support feminism? this extremist didn't do anyone any good that believes in equal rights. 

I should have said radical feminists.  The idea that "every woman should be believed" is ludicrous.  Woman are just as sh*tty as men are when it comes to lying through their teeth.

Also, it wasn't just this one.  She's just the fourth so far who has gotten caught.  I only became aware of this issue after the third one because it involved an NBC News cover-up.  That really irritates me because I used to get a lot of my news from NBC's website because it was relatively fair minded unlike MSNBC, but unfortunately in the last couple of years that whole newsroom has developed an agenda.

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I should have said radical feminists.  The idea that "every woman should be believed" is ludicrous.  Woman are just as sh*tty as men are when it comes to lying through their teeth.

Also, it wasn't just this one.  She's just the fourth so far who has gotten caught.  I only became aware of this issue after the third one because it involved an NBC News cover-up.  That really irritates me because I used to get a lot of my news from NBC's website because it was relatively fair minded unlike MSNBC, but unfortunately in the last couple of years that whole newsroom has developed an agenda.

yeah the pile on crap just hurt Fords chances of a fair hearing. That Avenatti tool didn't help either. 

14 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

How did I know you immediately jump on me and anybody else who doubted the accusations? :lol: 

So that post was purely your opinion and didn't have any loaded connotations for us to jump on? Like maybe the last line? That didn't sound like a challenge at all...

13 hours ago, Toews said:

For all the people out there (usually on the right) who want to shout "false flag" at mass shootings in the US, there isn't a lot making a case that people making false accusations could be staged as well. But that's a distraction too, the point is to not dismiss the credible accusations.

For Ford to not pursue further charges suggests far less to me that it wasn't credible, and rather than it was a case that would have been difficult to prove. Add to that the scrutiny she's already faced (including death threats and the like) and it's not surprising she wouldn't try to prosecute a supreme court judge for rape.

29 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

For all the people out there (usually on the right) who want to shout "false flag" at mass shootings in the US, there isn't a lot making a case that people making false accusations could be staged as well. But that's a distraction too, the point is to not dismiss the credible accusations.

For Ford to not pursue further charges suggests far less to me that it wasn't credible, and rather than it was a case that would have been difficult to prove. Add to that the scrutiny she's already faced (including death threats and the like) and it's not surprising she wouldn't try to prosecute a supreme court judge for rape.

I think the point that some people are missing is that this was never about putting Kavanagh on trial for Sexual Assault. It was about keeping him off the Supreme Court. Ford did what she could, (more than anyone should reasonably expect) but the deck was clearly stacked against her.

IMO, she was actually successful in a way. Kavanahg's performance during the inquiry should have been enough to convince any reasonable person that he was unfit to hold a position on the Supreme Court, but unfortunately, the issue was completely partisan and nothing short of absolute proof of the attack was going to convince the Republicans to nominate a different candidate.

It was about getting Trump a "win" and with this administration, jurisprudence is always going to take a back seat to "winning".

Archived