The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Lucic to have Hearing

Shekky

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

People actually applauding this guy may be just as slow in the head as Lucic. Give your heads a shake. Defending your guys from cheapshots is one thing. Gooning people is another. This is bordering on Bertuzzi-Moore. We don't want this crap in the game.

apparently DoPS disagrees with you 

54 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd like to see Gudbranson run players as well, when they rough up the young guns. However once that player is down on the ice, after being hit, that's it. To punch a player in a position where he can't defend himself is a cowardly move, without question. It was cowardly when Mantha did it to Hamonic last season, and it was cowardly when Lucic did it to Joseph.

Joseph's hit on Russell could have been righted by the interference check alone. The other crap is just the actions of an idiot.

Good point there. The code. Once down a guy should let up on the downed player.Good call.

OIlers players can pass a hat around the room and come up with Lucic's fine... in about 5 minutes.

I am sure the whole oilers team is happy to have a guy on the club that has their backs.....

Hockey is a team sport and Lucic is just being a good team-mate.   

Word is out that you should not take liberties against oilers players.  Point made.    

Right now it’s a tossup between Lucic and Reaves as to who the best fighter in the league is. No one else is even close.  

I bet Oilers take way less “incidental” hits like we’ve seen the Canucks take.  

Have we already forgotten the cheap shots on Brock, EP40, the “sorry-not-sorry” hits on Baertchi and Stecher? 

We sure could use a 3 million dollar Lucic. 

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

People actually applauding this guy may be just as slow in the head as Lucic. Give your heads a shake. Defending your guys from cheapshots is one thing. Gooning people is another. This is bordering on Bertuzzi-Moore. We don't want this crap in the game.

If Lucic wanted to hurt Joseph, Joseph would be in a hospital.  

He let up on him big time.

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If Lucic wanted to hurt Joseph, Joseph would be in a hospital.  

He let up on him big time.

Exactly, I have read alot in this thread about "it wasn't the hit or the 'punch' that was so bad, it was about what happened after..."

I've watched the replay a bunch of times, and I can only make out the first hit, a weak glove-on punch attempt, followed by Lucic sitting on him and not letting him up?  It doesn't look like he threw any further punches when Joseph was down...

Am I missing something?  Other than the fact that it had no connection whatsoever to the actual play, it didn't seem that bad or violent to me.

Oilers are appealing.   "With just the fine, Milan can return to our line up.   We need to create some offence from that line and we had hoped a real message was sent that was in the 20 or 40 game range to allow us to get some momentum towards a playoff team that we have promised our fanbase now for the past 18 years.   This lack of action is a real slap to the face of the entire Oiler franchise and show how out of step the league is with the needs of our franchise.   Next they will be given out Hart trophies to our trade mistakes.....uh, again".   

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Right now it’s a tossup between Lucic and Reaves as to who the best fighter in the league is. No one else is even close.  

I bet Oilers take way less “incidental” hits like we’ve seen the Canucks take.  

Have we already forgotten the cheap shots on Brock, EP40, the “sorry-not-sorry” hits on Baertchi and Stecher? 

We sure could use a 3 million dollar Lucic. 

McDavid gets cross-checked more in a game than any Canuck by a wide margin - watch him play.   He parks at times and takes a beating.   Kid is tough, will give him that but he takes Crosby like abuse quite a lot.

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Hey, if you don t like the game, go watch ringette or figure skating.

Hugs and kisses all around.

Roses are passed out and everyone can cry themselves to a happy, peaceful sleep.

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

McDavid gets cross-checked more in a game than any Canuck by a wide margin - watch him play.   He parks at times and takes a beating.   Kid is tough, will give him that but he takes Crosby like abuse quite a lot.

True, but if Lucic attacks guys like that, you know the guy going to be targeted for similar abuse will be McDavid.  

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The hit was fine. No issue. The first glove punch to the helmet was innocuous enough. When he sat on him and fed him shots though, that's crossing a line.

That being said, I'm sure Kris Russell appreciates what Lucic did, considering the cheap hit Joseph made on him. He deserved some retribution for the cheap shot.

He sat on him, but didn’t feed him any shots. 

What shots are you talking about? 

I see the shoulder to shoulder hit, then a half hearted punch and then he holds him down and probably says a lot of nasty words down there.  

Did some of you (not directed at you Phillip) watch the video or are you all going off of other posters’ comments? 

I know you have to sit through the stupid 15 second ad thanks to Sportsnet, but do it.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I see the shoulder to shoulder hit, then a half hearted punch and then he holds him down and probably says a lot of nasty words down there.  

Did some of you (not directed at you Phillip) watch the video or are you all going off of other posters’ comments? 

I know you have to sit through the stupid 15 second ad thanks to Sportsnet, but do it.

So, are you saying Guddy could do the same to McDavid, and it’s only a 10,000 dollar fine?  

12 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I thought I saw Lucic feeding Joseph shots whilst upon him. I watched it, and it definitely looks like he continues to pound on him. 

Archived