The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is a fan & remembers him?

City-in-state-of-emergency

I was drinking my coffee listening to music. When a artist I never heard of Chad Brownlee. I googled him and bam all I got was him talking Canucks. I thought did I miss a concert with him and the Canucks... no apparently drafted in the 6th round 190th. Injuries forced him out and into a musical career.

Has a new song called Dear Drunk Me.

Now this has gotten me thinking.... has there been any other former canucks who carved a different road to fame outside of the NHL due to injuries or other reasons they couldn't make the NHL a sustainable living off? 

artist-Chad-Brownlee.jpg

Can't think of any other former Canucks picks who've gone into the music business. But Mike Williamson and Dan Gendur are coaching, Wesley Myron is a personal trainer, Matthew Beattie is in e-commerce, Sawyer Hannay launched a fashion line, and Prabh Rai started company called Joseph Chanan that makes custom-fitted suits.

EDIT: Victor Oreskovich wasn't a pick, but the former Canuck and "where is he now" candidate is now an associate with RBC Capital.

I lasted about 1.5 seconds into the chorus before I had to turn that song off... I sincerely hope my YouTube missed that and doesn't start recommending anything similar.. 

I will never understand what happen to country music..

Good for him for carving out a new path though.

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Can't think of any other former Canucks picks who've gone into the music business. But Mike Williamson and Dan Gendur are coaching, Wesley Myron is a personal trainer, Matthew Beattie is in e-commerce, Sawyer Hannay launched a fashion line, and Prabh Rai started company called Joseph Chanan that makes custom-fitted suits.

EDIT: Victor Oreskovich wasn't a pick, but the former Canuck and "where is he now" candidate is now an associate with RBC Capital.

In terms of former Canucks...

Isn't Kyle Wellwood an advisor at SunLife?  

I believe Sven Butenschoen, who briefly played during 05/06, is now the coach at UBC.  

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So I feel like there is some Russian hacking going on, because I am certain Fedor Fedorov started a music career at one point in time. They even had their own website, which is no longer active, but was listed in this thread:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/576904.html

I think it was both him and Sergei doing their best Russian Backstreet Boys duet. I don't think it lasted very long, and now you can't find their music video anywhere (at least I can't). 

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

I lasted about 1.5 seconds into the chorus before I had to turn that song off... I sincerely hope my YouTube missed that and doesn't start recommending anything similar.. 

Oh that's just PG country. 

There is country were a guy sings about drinking, and having to deal with spousal abuse. It was blasting at Roosters in Maple Ridge all the teeny boppers loving it singing out loud "Drink my beer Ill cold clock you "female dog"." like it was the start of a fight club night.

4 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Thanks for the warning.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

So I feel like there is some Russian hacking going on, because I am certain Fedor Fedorov started a music career at one point in time. They even had their own website, which is no longer active, but was listed in this thread:

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/576904.html

I think it was both him and Sergei doing their best Russian Backstreet Boys duet. I don't think it lasted very long, and now you can't find their music video anywhere (at least I can't). 

I think this was them. :lol:

Archived