The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Everyone in St. Louis is available

The_Rocket

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hey Ben, you ready to be double shifted for the rest of the season?

HuttWink.gif

Hutton has to play each game with this cockiness.  "Hold my beer, I got this"

Edler Pietrangelo 

Hutton Tanev

MDZ/Pouliot Guddy/Stecher

Look to trade Tanev for a a late first or address another team need.  Even trade Tanev for say a second for out of TO and Kappi.  Kappi can slide in for Goldy if he was included with our unprotected 1st for Pietrangelo.  

Pietrangelo can absorb Tanev's minutes and be likely the most complete d man in club history and should be able to boost Edler's affectiveness.  

Our team is almost out of the running for Hughes unless injuries strike again.  We have too much offence to not finish outside of the bottom ten if we add Pietrangelo.  

I would part with a 10-15th OA pick and some other assets for Pietrangelo.  

9 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Edler Pietrangelo 

Hutton Tanev

Look to trade Tanev for a a late first or address another team need.  Even trade Tanev for say a second for out of TO and Kappi.  Kappi can slide in for Goldy if he was included with our unprotected 1st for Pietrangelo.  

Pietrangelo can absorb Tanev's minutes and be likely the most complete d man in club history and should be able to boost Edler's affectiveness.  

Our team is almost out of the running for Hughes unless injuries strike again.  We have too much offence to not finish outside of the bottom ten if we add Pietrangelo.  

Pietrangelo just underwent surgery for his hand. Not sure how it'll affect him long term, but short term, it won't do anything for us this season and it'll be tough to give up an unprotected 1st for that unknown.

29 minutes ago, 406in604 said:

He's not wrong...

I like Paryako.  I rememeber at the World's a couple years back, he was standing up against the rush at our blue-line.  Matt Duchene was coming back to help, but seemed lost as to where to go.  Paryako (even though a young player) pointed and screamed at Duchene to cover a particular player.  He was a leader of his team, even when he was really young, much like Bo.  

The cost for him would be very high.  However, when we win the draft lotto, who could we trade for Paryako, considering we will draft Jack Hughes?

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Edler Pietrangelo 

Hutton Tanev

I disagree completely.

Hutton needed to cut the 'cockiness' - that had him coasting in to camp out of shape, making an unengaged effort.

He needs to play with the opposite of 'cockiness' = seriousness, nose to the grindstone engagement.

It's humility and hard work that has gotten him back into the top 6 D imo - and then a reasonable effort that he sustained over a period of time is rebuilding his confidence - which is quite different than cockiness.  Cockiness is posturing.

A late first for Tanev is a weak deal for this team = no reason to make that.  A late first comes with 25ish% odds of being an average NHL asset - that is not a sufficient return for Tanev.   Kapanen and a 2nd is of far more value than a late 1st - perhaps reasonable value - but is that a form that makes sense for this team?  That may not be the case if you'd already acquired a Pietrangelo, but I'm not sure what you believe you're going to use to make that acquisition.  A mid 1st and Goldobin probably does not scratch deeply enough into what he'd command on the market.

An aside - folks talking earlier about a Nylander for Pietrangelo deal that Toronto turned down because of the 'age gap'....if that were true it would be absolutely laughable and should cost the whizz kidz his job.

37 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I disagree completely.

Hutton needed to cut the 'cockiness' - that had him coasting in to camp out of shape, making an unengaged effort.

He needs to play with the opposite of 'cockiness' = seriousness, nose to the grindstone engagement.

It's humility and hard work that has gotten him back into the top 6 D imo - and then a reasonable effort that he sustained over a period of time is rebuilding his confidence - which is quite different than cockiness.  Cockiness is posturing.

A late first for Tanev is a weak deal for this team = no reason to make that.  A late first comes with 25ish% odds of being an average NHL asset - that is not a sufficient return for Tanev.   Kapanen and a 2nd is of far more value than a late 1st - perhaps reasonable value - but is that a form that makes sense for this team?  That may not be the case if you'd already acquired a Pietrangelo, but I'm not sure what you believe you're going to use to make that acquisition.  A mid 1st and Goldobin probably does not scratch deeply enough into what he'd command on the market.

An aside - folks talking earlier about a Nylander for Pietrangelo deal that Toronto turned down because of the 'age gap'....if that were true it would be absolutely laughable and should cost the whizz kidz his job.

As for Hutton, I want him to play with confidence, not reckless abandonment.  

Kappi and a second for Tanev provided Pietrangelo has already been acquired.  

The 1st and Goldy are starting points.  There are 5 prospects not currently on the NHL roster that I would not add to this deal to get it done.  Dahlen, Hughes, Demko, Woo and OJ.  

I wouldn't trade a roster player already deemed part of the future core.  Bo EP40, Brock, Jake, Guddy or Gaudette or possibly Hutton.   I don't see the blues wanting Edler, Tanev or MDZ.  Would hate to lose Stecher but any other guy would be available.  

Sutter, Granlund, Baer (highly unlikely) Pouliot, Stetchet ETC...  I would swap backups if need be, but don't see goalies being swapped unless its Diepetro  

So a deal could look like this, our 1st, Goldy, Sutter and Lind for Pietrangelo.  

Solid center, Set up guy for Tararsenko a solid prospect and our 1st.  

For example. 

3 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

As for Hutton, I want him to play with confidence, not reckless abandonment.  

Kappi and a second for Tanev provided Pietrangelo has already been acquired.  

The 1st and Goldy are starting points.  There are 5 prospects not currently on the NHL roster that I would not add to this deal to get it done.  Dahlen, Hughes, Demko, Woo and OJ.  

I wouldn't trade a roster player already deemed part of the future core.  Bo EP40, Brock, Jake, Guddy or Gaudette or possibly Hutton.   I don't see the blues wanting Edler, Tanev or MDZ.  Would hate to lose Stecher but any other guy would be available.  

Sutter, Granlund, Baer (highly unlikely) Pouliot, Stetchet ETC...  I would swap backups if need be, but don't see goalies being swapped unless its Diepetro  

We could just sign EK for only cash July 1st. 2019, so why give up important assets for a D man now?  I could see us after Paryako though.

Just now, Alflives said:

We could just sign EK for only cash July 1st. 2019, so why give up important assets for a D man now?  I could see us after Paryako though.

Not just a d man.  Insert Paryako snd I still like it.  

Not sure I want EK for the asking price.  Cap is going to be a big concern moving forward.  Hughes will fill that role for us anyways.  

We would only be losing Goldy off our current roster and replacing him with Kappi.  

With EP40,Bo, Beagle and Gaudette on the roster, Granlund, Gaunce and Gagner all able to play the middle, we have center depth.  

Sutter has missed most of the current season.  So how much of a loss would he be?  Plus it does send some cap the other way.  

How much of an impact adding Pietrangelo or Paryako bring to our blue line?  Would swapping Goldy for Kappi be kinda neutral? Lind has potential but hasn't shown a lot yet.  Decent shot of making it one day. 

So in the end we gain Kappi, Pietrangelo or Paryako and a 2nd. 

Out Tanev, Goldy, Sutter, Lind and a 1st that could literally be anywhere from 1st OA to 20th OA depending on injuries.  

Imagine having a RHD that can produce while playing defence on our current roster.  Then ad Hughes to that same lineup for the last 10 games or so.  

Dark horse or kingslayer, no one is going to want to play this bunch in the last 20games.  

6 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Not sure I want EK for the asking price.  Cap is going to be a big concern moving forward.  H

What do you think it's going to take to re-sign an expiring Pietrangelo?

5 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Not sure I want EK for the asking price.  Cap is going to be a big concern moving forward.  Hughes will fill that role for us anyways.  

We would only be losing Goldy off our current roster and replacing him with Kappi.  

With EP40,Bo, Beagle and Gaudette on the roster, Granlund, Gaunce and Gagner all able to play the middle, we have center depth.  

Sutter has missed most of the current season.  So how much of a loss would he be?  Plus it does send some cap the other way.  

How much of an impact adding Pietrangelo or Paryako bring to our blue line?  Would swapping Goldy for Kappi be kinda neutral? Lind has potential but hasn't shown a lot yet.  Decent shot of making it one day. 

So in the end we gain Kappi, Pietrangelo or Paryako and a 2nd. 

Out Tanev, Goldy, Sutter, Lind and a 1st that could literally be anywhere from 1st OA to 20th OA depending on injuries.  

Imagine having a RHD that can produce while playing defence on our current roster.  Then ad Hughes to that same lineup for the last 10 games or so.  

Dark horse or kingslayer, no one is going to want to play this bunch in the last 20games.  

first in 2020?  I'd be okay if the deal was for Paryako.  Kid could be the foundation for our D, and all the younger guys soon to come up. 

Naturally the price would be too high, but Parayko would fill a big hole in the organization.

If in a couple of transactions you could trade out Tanev, and then use that return or redundant assets plus some of our own in exchange for a young point producing D... it is a no brainer.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

I disagree completely.

A 1st Rounder is not enough. Would have to add a pretty decent prospect as well. I wanted to deal Tanev 2 years ago when his value was probably higher. As a UFA he will want more money and term. One of Tanev or Edler will likely be gone. The right side is weaker.   

Bottom line is the UFA market could have a number of d-men interested in Vancouver. Just like McDavid, EP40 will attract players who see advantage in playing with him.  

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

A 1st Rounder is not enough. Would have to add a pretty decent prospect as well. I wanted to deal Tanev 2 years ago when his value was probably higher. As a UFA he will want more money and term. One of Tanev or Edler will likely be gone. The right side is weaker.   

It's really a hard choice between Tanev and Edler, if we only keep one.  I like Tanev's shut down skills.  But Edler is a much bigger body, and does bring some offence.  

30 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's really a hard choice between Tanev and Edler, if we only keep one.  I like Tanev's shut down skills.  But Edler is a much bigger body, and does bring some offence.  

you can make a good argument to trade or keep either, but if the media reports are really true about the low offers for Tanev then you have to move Edler if at all possible. Tanev is criminally undervalued, he brings as much offence as a lot of other guys traded for high value but the market determines what reality will be. 

On 12/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, D-Money said:

The rumours have all been about Pietrangelo...but if truly everyone is available out of St. Louis, then I imagine Toronto will go even harder after Parayko.

they won't be able to afford the players they've got, let alone adding another highly paid player

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Edler is not going to waive his NTC, I'm not sure why people are still going to that well

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Edler is not going to waive his NTC, I'm not sure why people are still going to that well

because its not impossible. There's a chance they do a handshake deal where Jim agrees to re-sign him as a free agent if he waives. Otherwise he has to find a new team and city for sure. 

Archived