The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider's Decline

hockeyville88

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Trade Cory , 1st round pick, and a prospect-- for LE

put Cory on a full medical examination head to toe, maybe IR

I would be all over bringing back Schneider and doing whatever is necessary to rehabilitate his confidence. 

He could still be an excellent goalie for a few years while Demko rounds into form.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

He did manage to win the Jack Adams trophy after he go rightly fired by the Canucks.  Guess they’re right that all geniuses are bat-manure crazy.

Well the saying goes there's a thin line between genius and insanity. 

Once again though is it the team? That's a pretty good roster in Columbus.

Just like the Tampa team that won him a Stanley Cup. 

12 hours ago, 406in604 said:

A sadder version of Mike Condon. The Chuck Knoblauch of hockey. 

It's weird, because I remember hearing that one of CS greatest strengths was his mental game. 

Also a wrestling move. eg. He got him in a flying Knoblauch and finished him with the old Chuck Knoblauch.

17 hours ago, milk and honey said:

gmmg out gm'd again

oh wait horvat is doing really good.

Cory was 26 and and would of took a miracle for us to be contenders again after 2013 in less then 2-3years. 

I really do feel bad for Cory though, I heard nothing but nice things about him and that includes Luongo. He is likely done after this year. He made a good deal of money so he should be set for life. I think he could get a goalie coaching  gig at some college/uni/minor league team if he wanted to keep busy.

MIght be something more personal then just panic attacks though. Relationship issues, death of a family member, new born baby, tough summer, ect... could of all been factors for this year. In any case I send prayers to him to feel comfort, peace, and confidence in who he is and not how everyone will be hating on him for the next while. 

Was a huge Schneider fan when he was here, thought he was superior over Lou, especially after the LA series.  Having said that, I had no problem with Gillis trading him, but I was devastated by the return.  Corey was our best asset at the time, a goalie just entering his prime, putting up world class numbers for a few seasons (in limited roles).  Of course, it has worked out, and Bo has been all that and more for this club.  But I remember saying at the time of the trade, the team was pooched for the at least the next five years, maybe ten, because they got so little for their most valuable asset.  

All that out of the way, Corey just seemed like one of the nicest, down to earth, guys on the team.  A little like Brock in some ways.  Unlike in most other trades, I've always been cheering for him to do great.  It's a shame to see him playing this poorly, but as others have said, he is set for life.  Would have NO issues with him returning to the team in the future in some role, think he would be a great PR man.

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well the saying goes there's a thin line between genius and insanity. 

Once again though is it the team? That's a pretty good roster in Columbus.

Just like the Tampa team that won him a Stanley Cup. 

Ha ha ha..... so Tampa won the cup in spite of Torts......sounds about right

He wasn't even invited to the party after

On 12/14/2018 at 5:33 PM, Alflives said:

True.  He commuted from Point Roberts.  Wasn’t there some story about Gillis putting a bed in Torts’ Office so Torts would be at morning skates, and Torts never used it?  

I remembered he had an interview long time ago when he was hired, about how much he love his dogs and interviewer asked him would there be issues for relocating to Canada with pets. Do you think that's the problem? I don't know what kind of regulation you guys have on about moving to Canada with pets?

10 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

I remembered he had an interview long time ago when he was hired, about how much he love his dogs and interviewer asked him would there be issues for relocating to Canada with pets. Do you think that's the problem? I don't know what kind of regulation you guys have on about moving to Canada with pets?

I think I heard him and his wife rescue dogs.  Anyone who loves and cares for animals can’t be half bad.  

Archived