The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider's Decline

hockeyville88

A friend and I met him while the Canucks were here for training camp. We played arcade hockey at the bar and got $&!#ty. We bought the first round and he refused to let us pay after. Edler got pissy (we won 4 in a row at one point) and left but Schneids was &^@#ing super cool and a funny guy. 

He was absolutely killing it when first in NJ. It sucks to see him go through this. I've met many of the guys over the years here and he was one of the nicest for sure. Doing shot after shot and helping Crawford to a cab was &^@#ing awesome too.  Now there is an awesome guy. He had so many great stories. 

That trade for our future captain sure looks good now. 

4 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Of all time??? Who do you have ranked above him? A goalie who has never been the best goalie in a season is top 5 of all time... how?

Hasek Roy Brodeur Luongo... Iono who takes the last spot. 

Luongo deserved multiple Vezina trophies during his Vancouver career. 

And certainly at least 1 cup 

Call me a homer but that's my opinion. 

If lui plays on the teams Marty or Roy did, he wins as many if not more cups. 

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

So far the only goalie to leave us and not be complete garbage after from the big three era (Lu, Schneids and Lack) was Luongo. Miller was a great goalie before us, with us, and still pretty good after so he doesn't count. Just goes to show how much we overvalued our backups. No respect for Lu round hurr.

I had people block me on these forums for how hard I fought for Luongo. I still cannot believe how the fan base treated him here. A possibly hall of famer, essentially booed out of town. 

Shame

13 hours ago, Zhukini said:

It’s been a long decline, he hasn’t been good in a while, and now he’s he worst goalie in the league.

Funny looking back at how Lu is doing now compared to Cory and especially Eddie 

Difference between HOF goalie and a very good goalie.

I think Schneider was a top 5 goalie from 2013-2016 but it was way too short lived. It is kind of unfortunate for him that he had to spent most of his young years as back up to Luongo.

But yeah, Lu is a HOF caliber goalie.

Archived