The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Edmonton Oilers 2 best players call out management

coastal.view

3 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

They will have literally no other good forwards then... (except RNH)

Maybe they should have kept, Hall, Eberle, and (now) Caggiula?  Draisatl would have returned a top young D man.  You’re right though.  The Oilers can’t move Draisatl now.  

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Oilers should trade Draisatl for a top Dman.  

Fans on the Oilers Board think there is a much bigger trade in the works......that would have to be McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH or Nurse. The below was from the Oilers Board. 

Yep - Cags gets ;his points, especially goals, in bunches. When he's not scoring though he can be a  pest when on his game and quite physical. But can't do anything about it now but watch PC really destroy this team. Maybe we're making a push for Jack Hughes? Lots of insiders figure this is the tip of the iceberg though and a (much) bigger trade is coming - if that's so we only have three / four big players we can trade - McD, Drai, Nuge, and Talbot (no one will take Lucic's contract).

19 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Yup they are screwed top to bottom.

haven't followed hockey past 3years besides canucks once or twice a week. whats been happening with them? I thought with mcdavid, rhn, eberle ect.. with nurse and another guy they were on the up finally.

they need more dman and a goalie though.

7 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

haven't followed hockey past 3years besides canucks once or twice a week. whats been happening with them? I thought with mcdavid, rhn, eberle ect.. with nurse and another guy they were on the up finally.

they need more dman and a goalie though.

Hall for Larsson

Eberle for Strome (Spooner)

16th and 33rd ovr for Griffen Reinhart

Lucic 6M x 6

Russell 4M x 4

Gave away Maroon

Benson over Debrincat

McDavid could but he won't. He usually never says anything noteworty to the media and almost never specifically blames anyone but himself when the Oilers lose.

So of course Chiarelli brings in pretty much the only player McDavid has ever publically called out in his NHL career. Hilariously pathetic, especially when said player is at best a #6 defenceman.

44 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Fans on the Oilers Board think there is a much bigger trade in the works......that would have to be McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH or Nurse. The below was from the Oilers Board. 

Yep - Cags gets ;his points, especially goals, in bunches. When he's not scoring though he can be a  pest when on his game and quite physical. But can't do anything about it now but watch PC really destroy this team. Maybe we're making a push for Jack Hughes? Lots of insiders figure this is the tip of the iceberg though and a (much) bigger trade is coming - if that's so we only have three / four big players we can trade - McD, Drai, Nuge, and Talbot (no one will take Lucic's contract).

I disagree I think Chiarelli has little leverage to make a blockbuster deal especially what looks like writing on the door, he's gone soon or in the off season.

The smaller deals by tweaking is all they will allow him for now. I seriously believe Edmonton will one more time go into the Ole Boys Club and bring in Gretzky with his team next season. From fail to epic fail!

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

McDavid could but he won't. He usually never says anything noteworty to the media and almost never specifically blames anyone but himself when the Oilers lose.

So of course Chiarelli brings in pretty much the only player McDavid has ever publically called out in his NHL career. Hilariously pathetic, especially when said player is at best a #6 defenceman.

What a slap in the face to the team's best player.  McD should ask for a trade. What a waste of his immense talent and youth.

As an Oilers fan who doesn't like the Canucks, I can tell you this: I am jeleous of your hockey team. Thank the stars you aren't an Oilers fan. We have McDavid, yes. SO WHAT?! It doesn't matter when the people who manage the team with him on it are incompatant fools. The entire organization is bad right now, has been bad for a very long time, and will be bad for years to come even with PC gone. The team is against the cap and it's going to be very hard to make a trade to help the team even with a proper GM. 

Im also sick of fans saying "oh whatever I guess, at least we had the 80s." AGAIN. SO WHAT!!!? I wasn't born to see them!! I began watching them in 06 during their run to the final and was born in 94. I've almost known nothing but a bad team since! 

Then we won the McDavid lottery and I was thrilled and astonished. A few years have gone by and our management has failed to build a team around THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD! Imagine that! It's pathetic. 

So good for you guys. I guerentee your Canucks will win a cup before the Oilers do. Same with Calgary and Toronto. You guys are so lucky! 

Happy New Year. 

3 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

This is when you have a private meeting with your owner and and lay down your ultimatum. "It's him or me", Katz would have caved and brought someone in more credible. It took the threat of losing Tavares for the Isles owner to act. I just think we always expect hockey players to be passive and just deal with all the $&!# thrown at them and say all the right cliches in media. When your owner is an idiot and your GM is absolutely incompetent at his job, you have to take the bull by the horns yourself.

Archived