The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald to Senators for Mike McKenna, Tom Pyatt, 6th-round pick

When CDC talks, GMJB listens! Not only has he dispatched whipping boy Nilsson, but he also got ( and did not give up) a late round draft pick.

This trade ticks all of the boxes for many on this board.

I had a bit of a soft spot for Nills, because of his early season play. I wish him all the best.

Archie had a way of being impressive for very short stretches, only to disappear until being sent back to the AHL. Good luck to him as well. I hope he goes to Europe, to finish off his playing days, instead of ( god forbid) ending up in the ECHL 

Lot's to like here.  Benning obviously thinks Demko's ready, which is the biggest benefit of this trade.  Nilsson didn't deserve the hate he got but he's either a good AHL starter or a bad NHL backup.  Archibald had tons of chances but didn't consistently bring the physical game he needed to bring to be useful.  And of course we get a free draft pick with Benning picking.

Biggest winners are McKenna and Pyatt getting away from the circus in Ottawa, even if they're merely warm bodies for Utica.

Future in net looks real bright with DiPietro and Demko.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lot's to like here.  Benning obviously thinks Demko's ready, which is the biggest benefit of this trade.  Nilsson didn't deserve the hate he got but he's either a good AHL starter or a bad NHL backup.  Archibald had tons of chances but didn't consistently bring the physical game he needed to bring to be useful

Biggest winners are McKenna and Pyatt getting away from the circus in Ottawa, even if they're merely warm bodies for Utica.

Future in net looks real bright with DiPietro and Demko.

Isn't it great that Canada got upset?

Now every Canucks fan can cheer for team USA the rest of the tournament.

The last hope to beat Russia.:bigblush:

37 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

When CDC talks, GMJB listens! Not only has he dispatched whipping boy Nilsson, but he also got ( and did not give up) a late round draft pick.

This trade ticks all of the boxes for many on this board.

I had a bit of a soft spot for Nills, because of his early season play. I wish him all the best.

Archie had a way of being impressive for very short stretches, only to disappear until being sent back to the AHL. Good luck to him as well. I hope he goes to Europe, to finish off his playing days, instead of ( god forbid) ending up in the ECHL 

I think Goldobin will be the new CDC whipping boy the rest of the year until he gets traded...

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I think Goldobin will be the new CDC whipping boy the rest of the year until he gets traded...

Goldy + Pouliot should definitely net a prospect D that is an upgrade on Pouliot.  Goldy has been showing improvement, but he will probably never play a complete game.  Unsure who we target as a D replacement.  But there has to be a good fit for this line of thinking.

35 minutes ago, xereau said:

Goldy + Pouliot should definitely net a prospect D that is an upgrade on Pouliot.  Goldy has been showing improvement, but he will probably never play a complete game.  Unsure who we target as a D replacement.  But there has to be a good fit for this line of thinking.

If Goldy can pull a Baerstchi and improve his 2 way play, that would be fantastic. Baerstchi used to be on Burke's hate list for his 3 zone play. I wonder what clicked for Sven to improve his 2 way game... 

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Schaller should be buried in the minors. When Sutter gets back he is the odd one out.

Goldobin has offensive skill. Schaller is just a guy replacement level player.

Schaller has basically been another Archibald, promising a physical presence and not delivering most of the time.  Motte's stolen his job, and rightly so.

58 minutes ago, xereau said:

Honka? Bowey? Fabbro? 

Jokiiharju for Del Zotto+Goldy+5th....dreaming

Archived