Edler

Tanev

Hutton

Stetcher

Those who at least try to compete:

Ericksson

Sutter

Biega

Trade any of the rest until you fill the team with those who compete. If you can trade any of those that try then do it (keep Biega for 8th D).

Lotsa trade options if anyone wants our shrinking violets.

You pretty much nailed it there.  

Granlund is such a floater that has skills to pot in 10-15 goals in his prime.  Pass for me 

Goldy could really try and look at his linemate tonight, Motte, for some inspiration on forechecking.  Motte is always moving so much faster then Goldy in pursuit of the puck and it's so evident when they're on the same line like parts of tonight.  

16 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Lol oh man.  Can you please make sure we have NHL caliber goalie from now on? Sorry kid, not your fault, but you're not there yet. 

During intermission there was a discussion about that.  About picking up an AHL goalie that is "good enough" -- a couple of names came up.  With Demko out, and Bachman was awful before... and Nilsson traded... imagine if Markstrom is out 2 weeks?! 

29 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Dipietro looks midget like out there hes just taller than the crossbar :picard: i can see how the new nhl goalies are at least 6’2 now to be affective 

i see a bag skate in the canucks future 

I noticed the same with DiPietro.  Not a problem in Junior... here.. well...

Markstrom gets hit with pucks that could (and in this case, did) go in on a smaller goalie.  I just don't see him becoming any kind of starting goalie.  As a back up?  I don't know... might be good there.

MacEwen will be a beauty,.  Hope he gets at least 10 games and some chump change in his duffle..  maybe more.

Tough way for MD to start his first NHL game,.  As a Junior in an emergency call up situation to the NHL..  Mikey looks very promising,. Has Markstroms old tendencies of being to aggressive on the shot or play..   Stay between the pipes and in the paint, less movement, more saves. 

9 minutes ago, gameburn said:

I noticed the same with DiPietro.  Not a problem in Junior... here.. well...

Markstrom gets hit with pucks that could (and in this case, did) go in on a smaller goalie.  I just don't see him becoming any kind of starting goalie.  As a back up?  I don't know... might be good there.

You can't judge the kid on a single game in the NHL when he was thrown the the wolves like that.  He's got some things to work on and we'll see how he comes along.

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Hope Green keep MacEwen in for the next one. 

Showed some decent hands and reasonable speed + plus has the size we need 

I went to the game tonight and he was our best player besides EP. It's only been 1 game but that was one of the more impressive debuts in recent memory IMO. Gaudette and Burrows are 2 comparibles and he blew both of their debuts out the water. I think we have a player here...

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Really?  I think they played pretty well after the first 12 mins.

I don't think you watched the game, it was awful. Not only did they hang DiPietro out to dry, they had zero emotional response yet again Guddy takes the

night off. Kane running around smacking stetcher in the head. Zero retaliation from anyone but Motte. Motte was the star of Canucks tonight. Motte. Let that sink in.

7 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I don't think you watched the game, it was awful. Not only did they hang DiPietro out to dry, they had zero emotional response yet again Guddy takes the

night off. Kane running around smacking stetcher in the head. Zero retaliation from anyone but Motte. Motte was the star of Canucks tonight. Motte. Let that sink in.

So how did the Canucks outshoot one of the best teams being n the league then?  After the first period, the Sharks only got 14 shots.......that's not so bad against a high powered offense.

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

So how did the Canucks outshoot one of the best teams being n the league then?  After the first period, the Sharks only got 14 shots.......that's not so bad against a high powered offense.

Not so sure the sharks would be as concerned about offence after pumping the Canucks early.  Probably equally concerned with being tidy in all areas of the ice prepping for the playoff.

i wouldn’t put much stock in shots stats for this game.  And anyway if I recall the first few “shots” by the Canucks were drifters from near the neutral zone.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Not so sure the sharks would be as concerned about offence after pumping the Canucks early.  Probably equally concerned with being tidy in all areas of the ice prepping for the playoff.

i wouldn’t put much stock in shots stats for this game.  And anyway if I recall the first few “shots” by the Canucks were drifters from near the neutral zone.

contenders don't take their foot off the gas, that's what makes them contenders.  I'm not excusing a 7-2 loss, not am I excusing the first 10 mins, but the Canucks played pretty well after that and it wasn't because the Sharks felt bad for them, it was because they recognized what they did to Mikey in that first 12 mins and took it to heart.  

8 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

I watched it from beginning to end, did you?

Guddy tried to get into with kane, who backed down and Guddy got a penalty.

8 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Right?! 

2 very noticeable runs at Stecher too. The one freaking guy jumped at him. Missed and hit the boards awkwardly but there were head hunting and slashing and the list goes on.. Refs blew that one as well. Could have gotten ugly out there.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

contenders don't take their foot off the gas, that's what makes them contenders.  I'm not excusing a 7-2 loss, not am I excusing the first 10 mins, but the Canucks played pretty well after that and it wasn't because the Sharks felt bad for them, it was because they recognized what they did to Mikey in that first 12 mins and took it to heart.  

I agree that they would have recognized the bad start and I’m sure Travis had some words during the first intermission.  The Canucks were better in the second for a while.  My point is that there are other areas in the game that count in the playoffs. I’m not suggesting they took the foot off the gas.

Archived